Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Feb 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3714741)   #1951
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
They look the part but not sure any car will have gulf sponsorship this year.
The Gulf Racing UK entry might have something to say about that. But certainly it's down on a few years ago where half the field was the colour of Vince's shoes.
Old 26 Feb 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3714819)   #1952
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Got some new shoes!!! They come with racing number decals to be put on the small shield attached to the laces. Which number should I use? 6, 9 or 20? Or put two gulf stickers on them?

Attachment 49220
Nicolas Hunziker?
Old 26 Feb 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3714834)   #1953
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Got some new shoes!!! They come with racing number decals to be put on the small shield attached to the laces. Which number should I use? 6, 9 or 20? Or put two gulf stickers on them?

Attachment 49220
Those are fantastic! My wife bought me a similar pair for my birthday last year. Strangely she knows better than anyone how much of a Gulf fan I am, yet the pair she bought me are Martini livery.
Old 26 Feb 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3714842)   #1954
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Those are fantastic! My wife bought me a similar pair for my birthday last year. Strangely she knows better than anyone how much of a Gulf fan I am, yet the pair she bought me are Martini livery.
Maybe she is telling you something with that choice .
Old 26 Feb 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3714846)   #1955
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
That I drink too many martinis???
Old 26 Feb 2017, 15:27 (Ref:3714849)   #1956
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
That I drink too many martinis???
Certainly that you might be over consuming something
Old 26 Feb 2017, 19:40 (Ref:3714897)   #1957
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Nicolas Hunziker?
Yes indeed.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3715074)   #1958
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year, no more Le Mans Legend race at Saturday morning ?
There is not mention of this event on their website...
Old 27 Feb 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3715088)   #1959
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
This year, no more Le Mans Legend race at Saturday morning ?
There is not mention of this event on their website...
I don't think there was one last year either, looks like it's only Road to Le Mans (LMP3/GT3) and a Cup series (alternating Porsche-Ferrari, Porsche this year) as support events now.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3715167)   #1960
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm very much in favour of the RTLM race personally.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3715544)   #1961
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For 2017, no more Audi cars for safety interventions.
Welcome Renault Talisman
Old 1 Mar 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3715572)   #1962
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
For 2017, no more Audi cars for safety interventions.
Welcome Renault Talisman
Do we know this for a fact regarding Audi cars not being there? I still can't get over the irony of the advert they continue to run in the UK about their cars heading for Le Mans.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 15:17 (Ref:3715575)   #1963
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw a few of those Renault Talismans (men?) on last year's trip to LM, they are a good looking motorcar (we don't get them in the UK).
Old 1 Mar 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3715588)   #1964
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not exactly a beautiful car, seems to be the renault equivalent of a vauxhall insignia
Old 1 Mar 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3715623)   #1965
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Do we know this for a fact regarding Audi cars not being there? I still can't get over the irony of the advert they continue to run in the UK about their cars heading for Le Mans.
Yes, agreed, it's even beginning to annoy me......
Old 1 Mar 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3715654)   #1966
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, agreed, it's even beginning to annoy me......
They payed for the bloody thing for a long time, so they better get full value for their money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Not exactly a beautiful car, seems to be the renault equivalent of a vauxhall insignia
Same category as Ford Mondeo, VW Passat, Toyota Avensis and Opel/Vauxhall Insignia, yes
Old 10 Mar 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3717728)   #1967
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Welcome BMW! Vehicles for Le Mans 2017 - GTE Pro 2018.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...r-le-mans.html
Old 10 Mar 2017, 14:09 (Ref:3717774)   #1968
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome news! Sounds like BMW is taking over for Audi as the flagship German mark in Le Mans and WEC. Can't wait to see what car they go with in GTE Pro and have read that is going to be "pretty extreme". My guess is an i8 w/o hybrid and V8 power homologation special but we will see.

The real eye will be on when they decide to jump into LMP1 when the future regulations are adjusted.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 06:01 (Ref:3718492)   #1969
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffM3 View Post
Awesome news! Sounds like BMW is taking over for Audi as the flagship German mark in Le Mans and WEC. Can't wait to see what car they go with in GTE Pro and have read that is going to be "pretty extreme". My guess is an i8 w/o hybrid and V8 power homologation special but we will see.

The real eye will be on when they decide to jump into LMP1 when the future regulations are adjusted.
Just one word: Porsche.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3719006)   #1970
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!

Stickers have arrived! They will be applied to my car before the Spa 6 Hours so expect pictures of the Swedish Mistress in her battledress in the beginning of May
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:07 (Ref:3719029)   #1971
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Stickers have arrived! They will be applied to my car before the Spa 6 Hours so expect pictures of the Swedish Mistress in her battledress in the beginning of May
will look out for it at Spa, we should be there late thursday afternoon
Old 16 Mar 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3719090)   #1972
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Me late morning to catch the afternoon session.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 08:26 (Ref:3723902)   #1973
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tickets arrived, let the fun begin. After waiting for my tickets to arrive just before LM week every year, this year the postman delivered them today. Yeeeeeaaaah.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3723907)   #1974
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Tickets arrived, let the fun begin. After waiting for my tickets to arrive just before LM week every year, this year the postman delivered them today. Yeeeeeaaaah.
Lucky! I was just starting to wonder when my tix will arrive... Hopefully this week or next.
Old 26 Apr 2017, 12:49 (Ref:3729289)   #1975
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Getting ready for this year's race. Been collecting these podium finishers for all my trips to Le Mans going back to 2011. One more to buy at the race this year. A lot of Audis as you can see. Will be strange not to see one on the podium in 2017.