Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 May 2013, 08:37 (Ref:3254884)   #1
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone going to the Norisring for 2013 - any advice?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone is going to the Norisring for the DTM this year?

I have weekend tickets for the Porschetribune - not the best in the house, but all the good seats must have gone a long time ago and from what I can tell I should get a pretty good view of the cars returning back from the first hairpin.

Does anyone have any advice for getting to and from the track (staying at a central Nürnberg hotel and not taking a car) and where the best views in the house are (for the open grandstands on Friday).
Thanks
Old 13 Jun 2013, 05:17 (Ref:3261910)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year I walked to and from the track - stayed about a mile away. There is a station right next to it though which I think the majority of the spectators used.

Anywhere in the middle bit is good for watching from.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3262046)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i went in '05 - stay in the centre, near the main railway station and it's absolutely perfect, it's one of the best racing venues there is. i watched stuff from the main 'stand' and still had a great view, it's absolutely iconic. the tunnel and crossings to the paddock got very busy and claustrophobic but it was an exceptionally warm day.

do as much reading up on the place as you can before you go, and spend friday appreciating the sheer weirdness of it all. try and walk up to the castle in the town centre too at some point, there's a great view up there
Old 3 Jul 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3273297)   #4
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. There is a page on the official website about S-Bahn services to the ground but I'm not completely clear - are the train times listed in the PDF files the only ones available on the day, since the first service arrives at 0852 on Sat with the event beginning at 9am it will be a bit of a push.

http://www.norisring.de/cms/website....ehrsmittel.htm
Old 3 Jul 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3273305)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a look at the vgn.de website schedule suggests that those are additional trains - i can see a direct train at 0724 from the hauptbahnhof for example. don't take that as gospel though, have a look for yourself and see what you think