Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3749423)   #1
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Austrian Grand Prix 2017 – Round 9 of 20 – Grand Prix Weekend Thread

Formula arrives in Austria as part of the fast paced set of mid-summer races. With long straights, the track is fast and engine performance is key to success. Can Hamilton repeat his win from last year? The press is eager to push forward poor relations between Hamilton and Vettel left over from the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. Will that be a factor in this race? Can McLaren/Honda show new form with an upgraded engine package for both drivers?

Circuit Map

2016 Race Report

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Austrian_Grand_Prix

Discuss!
Old 7 Jul 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3749425)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't watch any video of it, but the transcript of Thursday's press conference was painful. Both Vettel and Hamilton (particularly Vettel) didn't want to dwell on the incident from last race, but the press was having none of it and pressed hard.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...milton-927262/

Richard
Old 7 Jul 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3749447)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thanks for the intro Richard.

the transcript makes it seem worse then it was. for sure there were a lot of idiotic and repetitive questions but from the video i thought LH and SV in particular handled it well and with some good humour which didnt really translate well on the transcript.

Ferrari's race poster.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Renault's race poster (they really have this yellow theme going on...obviously! i liked at first but feel like its getting a bit boring now.)

https://twitter.com/renaultsportf1
Old 7 Jul 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3749490)   #4
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor old Jolyon, only 7 laps in fp2 when the bulk of the others were up in the 40's, he is properly out of luck this year isn't he.
Old 7 Jul 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3749502)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
He's out of something!

Hamilton hit with a 5 spot penal.

New Honda seems better on an outright power circuit.

Sainz kicking up a stink at Red Bull. Better to explain more in sill season thread.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 00:36 (Ref:3749515)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm looking forward to this. With the dust from Baku, not really settled, taking in past results and current practice sessions, Lulu Mercedes have the upper hand.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3749589)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It all happened in the last minute of Q3, with Grosjean stopping on the middle of the track, ruining chances of anyone's trying to get that last quick lap in and Vertappen going off into the gravel but saving the car.

Congrats to Bottas on his second pole. Lewis seemed to have trouble getting the car to do what he wanted. It looked like he was under steering into the corners and losing grip. Nevertheless, he qualified third, however with the grid penalty he starts 8th. So much for me saying Lewis and Mercedes have the upper hand.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3749590)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You could say Grosjean did it on purpose to hang on to his position. Like some German type person did a bunch of years ago. I wouldn't put it past him in any case.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3749755)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Almost a clean start as Verstappen goes off at turn 1. Looks like he got hit from behind.

Bottas is being investigated for a jump start.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 12:31 (Ref:3749758)   #10
Richard C
Veteran

Kvyat was a bit of an idiot at the start. Effectively taking out Max at their home race can't sit well at Red Bull.

Richard
Old 9 Jul 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3749768)   #11
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Vettel really just say "one more lap" to Bottas on Parc Fern? What a Pr*ck
Old 9 Jul 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3749770)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, what a prick for joking around with someone.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 13:32 (Ref:3749771)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Bottas, kept it together from start to finish. A good drive from Ricciardo and Vettel extends his lead in the championship with second. Otherwise a pretty dull race.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3749998)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A good race plenty of close races at the end even if no one actually managed to pass
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3750014)   #15
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love this track, one of the oldies but goodies, not an overtaking paradise, but always deliver solid shows.

Seen the "drivers after the race" videos, read the press realeses, but not one word of appology from Kvyat...and I think what he did was really, really bad driving, not just bad F1 driving, it was bad driving for a drunken Xbox party. 3 penalty points for brushing rubber for Vettel, and only two for someone who plays bowling with 2 other cars at the start like that...odd.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3750015)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not the best race, until the last few laps. Bottas does a brilliant job, atm I'd say he's maybe another Patrese and Berger, a great number two, who can occasionally beat everyone else on merit. I'd be happy if he proves he's more than that though

Good race for Grosjean, not a brake problem in sight, shame Kevin's suspension went in qualifying then his gearbox went in the race, as he again looked strong

How Hamilton and Ricciardo still were able to push to the end with horribly blistered tyres, just shows their commitments. Certainly livened up a quiet race

Flav once suggested Webber should go to Lourdes to cure his bad luck, maybe it's about time Max did the same, five retirements from the last seven races, how he managed not to get angry in his C4 interview shows he is not going to give up. And shame for Fred too, Kyvat just seemed to lock up and have no control under braking
Old 9 Jul 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3750032)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Yeah, what a prick for joking around with someone.
Hopefully Bottas just replied - 'In your dreams mate.....'
Old 9 Jul 2017, 21:56 (Ref:3750042)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Kyvat just seemed to lock up and have no control under braking
Well, yes, that's the way it is when you're too late on the brakes in the first corner. You either stay on the brakes and hit someone. Or ease off the brakes and hit someone.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3750171)   #19
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
owrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridowrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottas' start was legendary! A real benchmark.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3750181)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah and not a jump start, no matter what that Vettel geezer thinks
Old 10 Jul 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3750182)   #21
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by owrforever View Post
Bottas' start was legendary! A real benchmark.
It was but 'cry baby' Vettel is still bleating saying he jumped the start, despite the officials (who actually have the relevant data) say he didn't.
(I'm just starting to wonder what conspiracy theories the boy will come up with at the next race if someone has the nerve to be quicker than him?)
Old 10 Jul 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3750187)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I have to admit, when I watched the race yesterday, I thought Bottas jumped the start. However the car's transponder and telemetry said otherwise, so that's how it is.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3750193)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I liked DC's comment on C4- something about Seb 'must be living in a parallel universe'.........
Old 10 Jul 2017, 15:40 (Ref:3750194)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It was but 'cry baby' Vettel is still bleating saying he jumped the start, despite the officials (who actually have the relevant data) say he didn't.
(I'm just starting to wonder what conspiracy theories the boy will come up with at the next race if someone has the nerve to be quicker than him?)
Yeah! Him and that Aussie whinger, Ricciardo, another one to doubt good old Valterri's start. I can't abide people like that, always got something negative to say. Thank goodness there is no one like that on this forum.

I think we should start a petition to get Vettel flung out of the sport altogether, after all he is upsetting all of Lewis's fans, and that just won't do.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3750206)   #25
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Yeah! Him and that Aussie whinger, Ricciardo, another one to doubt good old Valterri's start. I can't abide people like that, always got something negative to say. Thank goodness there is no one like that on this forum.

I think we should start a petition to get Vettel flung out of the sport altogether, after all he is upsetting all of Lewis's fans, and that just won't do.
I'm just beginning to think that you have a problem with people if their name begins with a 'V'...