Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 21 Oct 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1439270)   #1
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's Talk Lone Star GP Track Layout

Here is a quick sketch for you. I am not as much concerned with the overall track, but this is the general layout that it looks like the facilities can handle very well.

The yellow lot is huge, and would be used for parking. The green lot would contain all of the competitor paddocks (its at least as big as six football fields). The red line could be the pit lane (though it may not need to be that long), and of course the blue line is the track.

You can see in the picture the already existing walk-over bridges (one to the north and one to the south of the stadium). These span Kirby Drive which is a six lane median divided road which should be able to accomodate both a front straight and a pit lane.

Of most importance is the entrance and exit to and from the parking lot property. the two I have selected are auxilliary entrance/exit gates that do not have any constructed parking ticketing booths. These will be the easiest to utilize. Now the rest of the track does not matter, just note that the old Astro Hall (the somewhat triangular building just south of the Astrodome no longer exists, it is just open parking lot, and is why my track goes through there). The light blue line presents an alturnative of taking the track between the stadium and the dome (which the developers had talked of early on, and may still be in the plans)

Oh, the purple line is the light rail. So with the addition of just one temporary walk-over bridge from the east side of the parking lot to the "infield" of the course, you could have one hell of a set-up. with parking available on the paddock/pit lane side of the course as well as on the light rail side of the course, lots of access, room for vendors, RV parking, etc.

What do you think?

Oh, and I'm sure we would have to have a chicane in the long straight.

Lone Star GP Layout #1
Old 21 Oct 2005, 08:02 (Ref:1439460)   #2
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a most interesting track you have laid out there, yamato. One nice thing about this area is that there is room to make more sweeping curves, rather than 90-degree sharp turns that we saw last time in Houston.

We shall see what happens later.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 08:06 (Ref:1439465)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Intersting layout, yamato. And welcome to 10T's!
Personally, I'd like to see them utilize a long section of the circular roadway surrounding the dome.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1439471)   #4
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a thought - make part of the track look like a star, commemorating the Lone Star state!
Old 21 Oct 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1439483)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For those who like designing tracks - meet lots of like-minded posters at the ten-tenths "My Tracks" sub forum
Old 21 Oct 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1439933)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like I told you in another forum, Yamato, I like this layout...

In that same forum, it was mentioned in another post that a layout for Houston would be announced sometime next week or so....

Can a second source confirm that???

I'm interested in seeing what the actual course will look like...

The space they have secured for this race has a lot of great potential, as you have indicated from your concept...

also from the adjacent spaces that could serve many necessary aspects needed to support this event

One American Open Wheel Series!