Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Dec 2015, 23:26 (Ref:3597190)   #51
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Norisring sounds more interesting than Hockenheimring.
Old 12 Dec 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3597268)   #52
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Norisring sounds more interesting than Hockenheimring.
Agree there
Old 13 Dec 2015, 19:19 (Ref:3597532)   #53
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
In the medium term it could be a great venue but not at the current level of performance. The cars would seem a little pedestrian. Of course, if they could fill the whole stadium section it would make for a raucous event but I don't think Formula E crowds are big enough to fill it yet.

I did see rumours of a Norisring round though, in case the Tempelhof Airport event falls through. Has anyone heard more about this?
It's been a while since any race series has filled the stadium section at Hockenheim which is a shame. The seating has seen better days in some sections as well.
There are no football matches in Nuremberg that weekend and most of the barriers and the main grandstand are permanent around the circuit, so setting it up should not be a major issue.
Old 15 Dec 2015, 10:33 (Ref:3597912)   #54
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jaguar instead of Trulli? How close will it be to production models?
Old 15 Dec 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3597922)   #55
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szisz View Post
Does anyone else think the Hockenheim short course could make a pretty good ePrix venue?
Not really for 2 reasons.
First of all i don't think Formule E looks good (yet?) on a regular road course in terms of speed. Not actuall laptimes, just in terms of how ''impressive'' the cars look. I think Formula E management was very wise to go to street circuits, because with the barriers that close to the cars it allways looks much more impressive. To explain my point, if you look at the former superleague formula, those cars were not fast in in terms of laptimes, but they were great formula cars to watch. Lot of hp and looked like a handfull to drive. I don't see that when watching FE to be honest, and when raced on a traditional roadcourse they will look more like an F3 car.

Second of all, the advantage of going for street circuits (and especially the mega-cities FE goes to) is that you have a huge amount of people in the vicinity, which makes it easier to attract a crowd. You don't have that on a track like hockenheim, and tbh i don't think FE is that attractive yet so that people from the cities will travel to watch FE. Imo you'll end up with empty stands at hockenheim.
Old 19 Dec 2015, 08:55 (Ref:3598726)   #56
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/...azilian-round/
future Formula E race in Brazil is under consideration, and could come a step closer after Motorsport.com discovered that series boss Alejandro Agag intends to visit the country next week.
Old 19 Dec 2015, 16:17 (Ref:3598796)   #57
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unexpected front row lock out for Dragon Racing. D'Ambrosio from Duval and Bird.

The first corner has been reprofiled. It is now a left-right chicane with a tricky right hand kink in the braking zone. I predict trouble there on lap one...
Old 19 Dec 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3598866)   #58
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Buemi is a beast in this series.
I like this format a lot. Good action,
short and sweet. I was amazed they
all made it through the first chicane
at the start.
Old 19 Dec 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3598867)   #59
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buemi is undoubtedly flattered by having by far the best car and a weak teammate. As Dario picked up on in commentary he makes too many mistakes when he's under pressure. But fair play to him today, probably his finest FE drive yet.
Old 20 Dec 2015, 08:14 (Ref:3598920)   #60
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Buemi does still have flaws, but his car is outstanding and his teammate is Nico Rosberg, I mean, Prost, so there's little competition there.

Nice to see NEXTEV competitive, although it ended badly for both cars, nasty hit for Piquet there.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 01:14 (Ref:3599048)   #61
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I've taken hundreds pf photos, I'm uploading them to Wikimedia Commons.

By the way, tax revenue officers gatecrashed the race... FIA surely won't come back after such punks.
Old 26 Dec 2015, 22:22 (Ref:3600307)   #62
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for taking the time to upload those NaBUru. Looks like you had some good seats to watch the race from. I'm guessing you saw a few overtakes?

It would be a great shame if the event was threatened by that stunt. Google isn't able to translate the article very well. Is it saying that there is some kind of dispute between the city and the government over holding the race?
Old 27 Dec 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3600418)   #63
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I was at the north hairpin. Saw a few overtakes and brake locking, but didnt see cars run fast or touch the walls.

The local government put money and resources but not the national government. The vice minister of finances attended the podium ceremony, but didnt know of the tax revenue officers.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3607090)   #64
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/...e-team-668557/

Villeneuve parts ways with Venturi

Conway will replace him in Buenos Aires.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 13:07 (Ref:3607097)   #65
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Disappointing. Though probably inevitable.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3608916)   #66
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Berthon out; Duran in.
Old 6 Feb 2016, 20:35 (Ref:3612463)   #67
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bird won from pole to chequered flag. First win for DS Virgin (but not first of Virgin in Formula E).
Magnificent race of Buemi.
Old 6 Feb 2016, 21:12 (Ref:3612488)   #68
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buemi also helped by the SC. Otherwise, he would have finished fifth or sixth. DAMS-Renault is absolutely unbeatable, while Prost jr is ridiculous.

Another damned unlucky race for da Costa.
Old 6 Feb 2016, 23:18 (Ref:3612535)   #69
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben Constaduros put it best on Twitter when he said the teams championship could well decide on which son of the team boss - Prost or Abt - is least ****.

Sad to see prime seats wasted on them when AFDC, Bird, Heidfeld, d'Ambrosio and even Frijns in just four races repeatedly shine.
Old 7 Feb 2016, 01:12 (Ref:3612563)   #70
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It was a great drive from Bird. He doesn't always keep his head under pressure but he didn't put a foot wrong here.

Buemi's charge was inevitable given the pace of the Renault-eDAMS package.
Old 7 Feb 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3612770)   #71
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault have the best package by a long way, and only Buemi can deliver. Likewise Abt have a fantastic package and only di Grassi has the skills to get results.

I can see Abt and Prost leaving. They certainly should. Completely wasting good seats right there.

Sam Bird drove a mega race though, taking the opportunity fantastically.

I have to feel for da Costa though. He's been outstanding in year-old tech for an Aguri team that was nowhere last year. Imo if he had the 2nd Renault he'd be a match for Buemi, if not better. He's been truly outstanding, and has been desperately unlucky not to get a podium yet.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 01:13 (Ref:3612920)   #72
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I can see Abt and Prost leaving. They certainly should. Completely wasting good seats right there.
Aside his (almost) commitments with DS Virgin, José MarÃ*a López is still in good terms with Dams... We could see him there in the future, perhaps...
Vergne was sick and jumped from his bed when noted that López almost drove in his place at Buenos Aires... hahaha.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3613452)   #73
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ce=mostpopular

"One or two might fall out - Punta it's not clear we're going to continue, unfortunately," Agag said.

"I love going there. We have some conversations there but Punta is the main candidate [to be dropped].
Old 10 Feb 2016, 04:48 (Ref:3613560)   #74
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ce=mostpopular

"One or two might fall out - Punta it's not clear we're going to continue, unfortunately," Agag said.

"I love going there. We have some conversations there but Punta is the main candidate [to be dropped].
So no change from what our journalists said in December. The national government doesn't want to spend money now. The race was backed by the local government, but Agag wants more money. Unless the promoter finds large sponsors, it will be dropped.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 19:31 (Ref:3614911)   #75
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula E secures new location in Berlin to replace Tempelhof

kinda like the new track more than Tempelhof.