Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jul 2015, 13:34 (Ref:3559518)   #51
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
How about mysteriously drowned Lukas Lichtner-Hoyer of Race Alliance?
Old 20 Jul 2015, 00:40 (Ref:3559627)   #52
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
How about mysteriously drowned Lukas Lichtner-Hoyer of Race Alliance?

Drowned?

I see his name is on the preliminary entrylist for next years silverstone 24hrs with a Lotus Evora. I'm guessing Race Alliance is still together just not in the capacity that they were in the Aston Martin and Lotus days unfortunately. Liked those guys.
Old 10 Jan 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3603565)   #53
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whatever happened to...?

A lot happens in the Sportscar/GT world, and unless you read every single story on DSC/S365/Autosport/whatever under the sun, something will always slip under your radar - no matter how much of an anorak you might be.

What happened to that chassis? Where's that driver now? How has this circuit changed over X years? If you don't know, chances are, someone on this forum will.

I thought I'd start a thread where we could help each other out a bit, and help plug gaps in each other's knowledge.

Okay - here's mine....whatever happened to White Lightning? Their Porsches seemed to be ever-presents at Le Mans and in the ALMS, and then all of a sudden - they just vanished. What's the story there?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3603567)   #54
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If mods feel this is too close to the Sportscar Chat thread, then feel free to merge it in to there
Old 11 Jan 2016, 00:11 (Ref:3603571)   #55
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Petersen White Lightening went to Ferrari after the Porsches I believe, with a 430, but Petersen (first name forgotten), who was the funding behind it, went to do rally raid stuff himself instead.

Good thread though, hope there are some others. My turn, what happened to Freisinger?

I know a lot of these will end with "went bankrupt" though.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 00:27 (Ref:3603574)   #56
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yup, they switched to Ferrari in 2007.
If I recall correctly, White Lightning's Dale White was involved in the Drayson Racing ALMS effort after that.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 00:37 (Ref:3603576)   #57
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We had a thread like this a while back:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144370

I still wonder what happened with Luis Diaz. Even if people didn't feel he was fast enough to be the lead driver, I would have thought someone would be snagging him for the enduros.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 12:23 (Ref:3603698)   #58
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

ACEMCO, after dropping the Saleens during 2006?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 13:14 (Ref:3603707)   #59
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Whatever happened to...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
ACEMCO, after dropping the Saleens during 2006?

The most beautiful of Saleen liveries. The car was at Daytona Historic 24hrs but yes the question remains-what happened to the team itself?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3603712)   #60
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
The most beautiful of Saleen liveries. The car was at Daytona Historic 24hrs but yes the question remains-what happened to the team itself?
YES to each of those three sentiments
Old 11 Jan 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3603725)   #61
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Good thread though, hope there are some others. My turn, what happened to Freisinger?
http://www.freisinger-motorsport.de/porsche/uk/

According to Wikipedia:

"However after the success of 2004 and the following loss of Russian sponsor Yukos, the team decided to withdraw from motorsports in order to concentrate on their tuning and restoration divisions."
Old 11 Jan 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3603759)   #62
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Petersen White Lightening went to Ferrari after the Porsches I believe, with a 430, but Petersen (first name forgotten), who was the funding behind it, went to do rally raid stuff himself instead.

I know a lot of these will end with "went bankrupt" though.
Thanks - is that them done forever?

I might think they were around for longer than they were. When you're small, years are much longer so I probably have an inaccurate view of how involved they were.

I seem to recall a pretty vicious fire on the Sunday afternoon for them at Le Mans one year. 2006?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 18:51 (Ref:3603785)   #63
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
We had a thread like this a while back:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144370

I still wonder what happened with Luis Diaz. Even if people didn't feel he was fast enough to be the lead driver, I would have thought someone would be snagging him for the enduros.
He's been doing some commentating for Fox Sports Latin America in both sportscars and f1, I've no idea why he's not racing though.

Does anyone know what happened to Jaime Melo? IIRC he had a falling out with Ferrari but he pretty much disappeared after Luxury Racing went under.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 19:12 (Ref:3603791)   #64
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
Does anyone know what happened to Jaime Melo? IIRC he had a falling out with Ferrari but he pretty much disappeared after Luxury Racing went under.
Wasn't he arrested for something a couple of years back?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 19:43 (Ref:3603797)   #65
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Wasn't he arrested for something a couple of years back?
Something like that:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/24/t...eed-chase-and/
Old 11 Jan 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3603798)   #66
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Matech Competition? I really liked that blue Ford GT.
And what happened with Sumo Power/JRM? They used Mini Countryman in World Rallycross but what with GT Racing?
And one off-topic. Wiechers-Sport. They have some good drivers in WTCC, but as all small independent teams they didn't return for TC1 cars. Maybe they are back in TCR Germany?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3603803)   #67
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
What about Matech Competition? I really liked that blue Ford GT.
And what happened with Sumo Power/JRM? They used Mini Countryman in World Rallycross but what with GT Racing?

Matech closed down after the death of its founder Martin Bartek in 2011.

JRM are still going in GT3. They're responsible for sales and trackside support of the Nissan GTR GT3.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3603806)   #68
Deleted
Veteran

Martin Bartek had big plans for Matech in 2011, you know new Ford LMGT(2) cars and all, of and the GT1 campaign was going well, but the something happened in November-December 2010 no one seems to be entirely sure of. He tried to sell off the team, I think, and guess they supported Marc VDS briefly. Then indeed Bartek died in spring of 2011 of unspecified reasons.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3603818)   #69
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Martin Bartek had big plans for Matech in 2011, you know new Ford LMGT(2) cars and all, of and the GT1 campaign was going well, but the something happened in November-December 2010 no one seems to be entirely sure of. He tried to sell off the team, I think, and guess they supported Marc VDS briefly. Then indeed Bartek died in spring of 2011 of unspecified reasons.
"Martin Bartek later tragically taking his own life."

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...ds-racing.html

When I read this article, it was the first time I had read that he took his own life.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 21:54 (Ref:3603825)   #70
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

When I read this article, it was the first time I had read that he took his own life.
Shocked to hear that! And sad

I had suspected terminal illness of sorts, that would have sort of explained the sudden team foldout. But now it's possibly even more tragic. What a hell happened up there...

Maybe they just went bust and he was in massive debt or something. Or personal things. In any case, probably not wise to speculate too much on such matters.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 05:45 (Ref:3603954)   #71
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
lol wow.

Quote:

Didn't know it was a suicide, very sad.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 06:04 (Ref:3603957)   #72
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:

Me too. I suspected a terminal illness or indeed suicide but nothing was announced about how he died at the time of his passing. Either way, very sad . I believe he left behind a wife and some children which is even sadder.

RIP.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3604094)   #73
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe it was bit of a confidentiality (?)slip up from DSC, I mean at the time of writing it had been years since the death so you can argue enough time had been passed to let it out, but at the sime time such could've just been kept quiet like initially seemingly on purpose wished, out of respect.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3604099)   #74
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
I had missed this at the time. Stupid boy. I thought he'd just fallen off my radar.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 23:03 (Ref:3604210)   #75
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Was wondering what Jamie Campbell Walter is up to these days, according to his Twitter he's coaching a young driver who's racing in New Zealand's Toyota Racing Series at the moment.