Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3417533)   #326
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great to see this thread reactivated - 2 years with only one new winner wasn't what anyone expected.

Anyone's guess who the next new winner will be, but agreed that it'll probably be 2015. Hopefully Hulkenberg.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3417568)   #327
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide View Post
Great to see this thread reactivated - 2 years with only one new winner wasn't what anyone expected.

Anyone's guess who the next new winner will be, but agreed that it'll probably be 2015. Hopefully Hulkenberg.
I would hope for two or three more upsets this year. Everyone found the change refreshing (except perhaps Mercedes) and seeing Force India, Williams or RBR take another upset would be great for the sport and the popularity. I have no problem with Mercedes domination this year but an occasional break will do wonders for viewing numbers.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3417576)   #328
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was hoping Perez would be on here 40 laps through the Canadian GP!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3417769)   #329
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would've thought Ricciardo will stay there a while because I wouldn't foresee many non-Mercedes wins. The others just haven't caught them enough.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3418087)   #330
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's looking the most likely of the rest if both Mercs do hit problems again ... or they take each other out.

I wouldn't bet against a second win for Ricci this season.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3418130)   #331
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
He's looking the most likely of the rest if both Mercs do hit problems again ... or they take each other out.

I wouldn't bet against a second win for Ricci this season.
... or there's a wet race.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3418132)   #332
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
... or there's a wet race.
Ricciardo hasn't shown the same ability in the rain that drivers like El Hulk or JB have, and remember that Vettel outqualified him by over a second at a wet Malaysia. A wet race could allow others to catch the Mercs though.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3418134)   #333
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Ricciardo hasn't shown the same ability in the rain that drivers like El Hulk or JB have, and remember that Vettel outqualified him by over a second at a wet Malaysia. A wet race could allow others to catch the Mercs though.
Yes, you're right. My point was more to do with the Merc's vulnerability than Ricciardo's opportunity... in which case Vettel would be the most likely to capitalize.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3418140)   #334
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Yes, you're right. My point was more to do with the Merc's vulnerability than Ricciardo's opportunity... in which case Vettel would be the most likely to capitalize.
I think that in the rain the Force India's and Bottas may well have a say.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3439417)   #335
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Welcome to the list Mr Ricciardo. Hopefully the first of many but it would probably need assistance from Mercedes for it to happen again this year.

or the rain, Daniel-Son no longer on this list, wouldn't count out another win for this guy before the season ends, hopefully at Brazil so he can take the title out.
Old 15 May 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3641767)   #336
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the club Max. I doubt you will be here long.
Old 15 May 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3641769)   #337
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well... What do I could say with this huh? Congrats, Max.
Old 15 May 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3641893)   #338
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just wanna know if anyone else has taken their first win in their first race with a new team? (Baghetti and Brooks don't count)
Old 15 May 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3641905)   #339
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jenson Button at Brawn but thats not quite as it was his old team with a new name.

There are others however Jody Scheckter with Wolf in 1977 as that was a new team.
Alain Prost on his second visit to McLaren in 1984 although it was then run by Ron Dennis not Teddy Mayer as it had been when he raced there previously. Prost did it again on his debut with Williams in 1993.
I also seem to remember Mario Andretti winning on his debut in the 1960's but I was not around for that. Fangio also won his debut with Mercedes in 1954.
There may be others but of those I am aware of (besides Max V) they were all world champions or would win at least one.
Old 16 May 2016, 00:22 (Ref:3641944)   #340
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Jenson Button at Brawn but thats not quite as it was his old team with a new name.

There are others however Jody Scheckter with Wolf in 1977 as that was a new team.
Alain Prost on his second visit to McLaren in 1984 although it was then run by Ron Dennis not Teddy Mayer as it had been when he raced there previously. Prost did it again on his debut with Williams in 1993.
I also seem to remember Mario Andretti winning on his debut in the 1960's but I was not around for that. Fangio also won his debut with Mercedes in 1954.
There may be others but of those I am aware of (besides Max V) they were all world champions or would win at least one.
Andretti - Won 1971 South African GP on his debut for Ferrari.
Old 16 May 2016, 02:35 (Ref:3641980)   #341
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso, Kimi, and also Mansell? for their Ferrari debuts.
Old 16 May 2016, 08:31 (Ref:3642022)   #342
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Pedro RodrÃ*guez 1967 South African GP first drive in a Cooper.
Old 16 May 2016, 12:12 (Ref:3642087)   #343
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just wanna know if anyone else has taken their first win in their first race with a new team? (Baghetti and Brooks don't count)

Is this a driver winning first time out with a team (even if they had already won before), or a driver scoring their first win during their first race for a new team?
Old 16 May 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3642178)   #344
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
One-hit wonders

First ever win I'm looking for, so Fred, Mansell and Raikkonen don't count either
Old 16 May 2016, 17:37 (Ref:3642184)   #345
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
"One Hit Wonders" thread. Thought it was about the Mercs first lap botch job..wrong
Old 16 May 2016, 17:51 (Ref:3642190)   #346
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Brooks wouldn't count anyway since he didn't win the first race he drove for any of the teams he drove with.

But why wouldn't Baghetti count?
Old 16 May 2016, 18:15 (Ref:3642198)   #347
S griffin
Veteran

Because that was his first ever race, so my question is about drivers who have driven for at least one other team before
Old 16 May 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3642260)   #348
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Because that was his first ever race, so my question is about drivers who have driven for at least one other team before
Mario Andretti and Pedro Rodriquez both fit that bill.
Old 17 May 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3642421)   #349
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Mario Andretti and Pedro Rodriquez both fit that bill.
Cheers for that
Old 18 May 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3642645)   #350
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Raikkonen with Ferrari first time round?