Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jul 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3430690)   #251
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Please make it so Captain. (Same/Similar post on other threads)
It's a public warning...
Old 5 Jul 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3430715)   #252
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
He could be running two teams at this rate. Isn't that Romanian outfit still in the offing?

It's dodgy. He makes a sleight of hand remark about investors being "invisible" and conflates that with "non-interference". Not the same Col you slippery silver tongued divil.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3430815)   #253
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
GE is gone from the sidepods and replaced with Intel and Dell, who supported BMW when it was with Sauber....
GE and Airbus appeared on the car after Air Asia bought Airbus planes with GE engines.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3430818)   #254
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silanna is the brand now on the engine covers. From the pics on Autosport & elsewhere, it seems the team changed them after practice & before qualifying.

Its actually an Australian-based company.

Is Mr Stoddart back?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Jul 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3434413)   #255
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Downsizing a go go at Caterham
Old 16 Jul 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3434423)   #256
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd love to know what qualifies christijan albers to run a business, and when kolles last created a winning team.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3434424)   #257
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Still seems funny that the Caterham car business will still stay open while their F1 team will not have any relationship with them other than name.
Like Lotus then...
Old 16 Jul 2014, 13:08 (Ref:3434468)   #258
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that was quick but not unexpected.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3434514)   #259
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i'd love to know what qualifies christijan albers to run a business...
yeah thats a weird one (remind me never to invest money with these guys). on one hand, he has experience (limited as it may be) as an F1 driver but on the other what if any credentials does he have overseeing the day to day of a multi million dollar operation.

Gerhard Berger comes to mind as a recent former driver/team principle but he was both a vastly more accomplished driver and iirc owned and operated a massive transport company before signing on with STR.

without knowing the guy its harsh to say but one can only surmise that Albers' installation as team principle is somehow connected with getting certain investors on board in the first place.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 07:19 (Ref:3434783)   #260
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full details of the staff changes HERE.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3434792)   #261
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
i'd love to know what qualifies christijan albers to run a business, and when kolles last created a winning team.
The best qualification possible:

"Liselore is the daughter of Spyker financier Roel Kooijman. 27-year-old Albers signed a contract in late September to stay at the Silverstone based squad in 2007"

Liselore is also the wife of one Christijan Albers.

From: http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-new...an?artid=72362
Old 25 Jul 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3437845)   #262
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More trouble heading in Caterham GP's direction. The 40 or so staff who lost their jobs are to sue their former employer over the way they wre dissmissed citeing employment law breach of contract and lack of consultation among the charges.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28491380
Old 29 Jul 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3439789)   #263
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Counter claim by Caterham against the staff who have left the company. This looks like it could get dirty.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115201
Old 29 Jul 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3439821)   #264
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Ugly.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3439836)   #265
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Counter claim by Caterham against the staff who have left the company. This looks like it could get dirty.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115201
ah the classic 'you actually dont work for us but some third part company that we hired to do some work for us so your complaint is with them'
Old 29 Jul 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3439851)   #266
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
ah the classic 'you actually dont work for us but some third part company that we hired to do some work for us so your complaint is with them'
So it seems.
The argument is that Caterham F1 holds the entrants licence but is not the firm your employment contract is with... but another. The public statements are bringing us into disrepute and its not us your argument is against.

However if that firm is wholly owned or is under the same directorship then the argument may not stand up. Another interesting note is the lack of payment.

Caterham F1 says all it's current employees have been paid for the month in advance of the end of the month, but that means it may not have paid the members of the actual employing company of the other staff or the dismissed staff...
http://www.pitpass.com/52208/Caterha...rmer-employees

Does this means there is a bit of smoke and mirrors going on...?

The other issue is that this may reflect badly on the other Caterham operations Tony Fernandes has retained so the sooner it all transfers the better it may be for him.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 03:34 (Ref:3439965)   #267
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A complete mystery....
Old 30 Jul 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3440185)   #268
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It might help if Caterham were to issue a clarification along the lines of "everybody who was employed by the Caterham group at the time of the change of ownership has been paid in full". Removing all ambiguity is the only way they seem likely to shake off suspicions of legalistic hair splitting and similar fancy footwork.
Old 31 Jul 2014, 01:01 (Ref:3440271)   #269
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I don't think this team will be around much longer...
Old 1 Aug 2014, 02:54 (Ref:3440644)   #270
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
It might help if Caterham were to issue a clarification along the lines of "everybody who was employed by the Caterham group at the time of the change of ownership has been paid in full". Removing all ambiguity is the only way they seem likely to shake off suspicions of legalistic hair splitting and similar fancy footwork.
It is interesting that Mr Saward who is a Caterham director and quite used to bagging the affairs of other teams in the guise of a professional analyst and commentator is completely silent on the matter of Caterham royally shafting its staff!
Old 1 Aug 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3440696)   #271
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
It is interesting that Mr Saward who is a Caterham director and quite used to bagging the affairs of other teams in the guise of a professional analyst and commentator is completely silent on the matter of Caterham royally shafting its staff!
To be fair to Joe Saward he is a director of the road car side of the business not F1 and the current job loses were carried out by the new owners not under Tony Fernandes ownership.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3440708)   #272
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, fernandes just royally shafted the team, not the individuals.

apparently, according to reports, disclaimer, just passing on what i've seen, etc etc.

it's very expensive to start making redundancies of permanent staff. you start having to pay wages for years service unless you have a gross misconduct excuse. there's no short cut. they've tried to create one and it's very unlikely that it worked...
Old 1 Aug 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3440728)   #273
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
To be fair to Joe Saward he is a director of the road car side of the business not F1 and the current job loses were carried out by the new owners not under Tony Fernandes ownership.
I do believe that Saward was a board director of the Caterham Group of Companies, and that the F1 team would have resided under the "umbrella" of the Group.

As for the way that the staff who have been made redundant, their apparent (alleged) treatment is not uncommon with companies who use smoke and mirrors to hide their identity, usually from the tax man and other creditors. If it ever makes it to court, which I somehow doubt, a lot of dirty washing will have to be produced.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3440826)   #274
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Fernandes basically declared his intent in January that if they didn't substantially improve; they'd face the axe within a backdrop of booming budgets and no cap to put a lid on it. Don't know if providing some notice helps Fernandes out in the eyes of you guys.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3456828)   #275
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
"Pay for tyres or no play" - report

Could be fun in Suzuka soon