Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Jul 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3439720)   #26
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Lots of suspense in what tire tip will be discussed at Road America during the broacast! Sarcasm of course.

Seriously does ANYBODY watch or care about these fluff segments? I certianly don't. Why even have them.
Don't pay attention to them, each is pretty much the same. but they have a reason to be aired... Because they are paid advertisements, bringing money, just like the other adverts.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 29 Jul 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3439811)   #27
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Endurance Committee has just issued some tweaks to LMP1 and EoT
Old 29 Jul 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3439813)   #28
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I have a suspicion that this has no relevance to TUSC though.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3439848)   #29
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't they mean BoP?
Old 29 Jul 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3439855)   #30
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
Don't they mean BoP?
They try to make it sound clever but it's all the same by intention. BoP, AoP, EoT
Old 29 Jul 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3439858)   #31
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I have a suspicion that this has no relevance to TUSC though.
I suspect you are correct.

L.P.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 20:39 (Ref:3439873)   #32
Vepe
Rookie

Finland
Vepe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They try to make it sound clever but it's all the same by intention. BoP, AoP, EoT
BoP is balance of performance and EoT is equivalence of technology, right? And AoP is Adjustment of Performance?
Old 29 Jul 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3439881)   #33
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepe View Post
BoP is balance of performance and EoT is equivalence of technology, right? And AoP is Adjustment of Performance?
Yes...

Sometimes it's said that EoT isn't balancing the performance of the cars but 'just' the technology, but of course anything that moves the effect of technology into certain direction also re-modifies the performance and thus balance... so it's just meaningless worldplay, whatever the intention and method and level of usage is (P1, GT3 etc)

I found it funny how last year Hindy began refusing to call the IMSA balancing updates as BoP as they had started listing them as AoP bulletins

Last edited by Deleted; 29 Jul 2014 at 20:58.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3439886)   #34
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
EoT is sort of like the turbocharger equivalency factor--the difference in allowed maximum displacement between naturally-aspirated and supercharged engines.

BoP is like T-Ball, where everyone gets a chance to play regardless of merit.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3439887)   #35
Vepe
Rookie

Finland
Vepe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes...

Sometimes it's said that EoT isn't balancing the performance of the cars but 'just' the technology, but of course anything that moves the effect of technology into certain direction also re-modifies the performance and thus balance... so it's just meaningless worldplay, whatever the intention and method and level of usage is (P1, GT3 etc)

I found it funny how last year Hindy began refusing to call the IMSA balancing updates as BoP as they had started listing them as AoP bulletins
I think Hindy's correct, there's really no balancing done...

A forest fire is a forest fire, even if I said it was "the destruction of a large group of trees by matter joining furiously together with oxygen." (Finnish member know where that quote is from. Or don't, doesn't matter)
Old 29 Jul 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3439891)   #36
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
EoT is sort of like the turbocharger equivalency factor--the difference in allowed maximum displacement between naturally-aspirated and supercharged engines.

BoP is like T-Ball, where everyone gets a chance to play regardless of merit.
Sure but when you ask yourself, I mean really ask yourself what is the purpose of EoT, it all comes down to balancing different methods of technology for closer performance. What other purpose is there? There isn't.

Of course they are effectively balancing technology/format classes such as diesel vs petrol & XMJ vs YMJ & P-H vs P-L instead of individual models (as long as there indeed are more than one model in each sub category, ie not like currently with fuel parity) but effectively it is still balancing. And what is there to tell that the individual model performances aren't affecting the balancing values of the entire sub category, say Porsche alone performs like crap for 12 months in petrol H for some reason and therefore that whole petrol class gets performance boost? There aren't automatic values for the size of the adjustments either, such as the "air restrictor according to engine displacement", but they are indeed decided by the committees.

When you ask the same with "regular" definition of BoP, it spells balancing different cars together for closer performance.

There are varying levels of BoP, just because you can indeed get a chance to play "regardless of merit" in modern GTE doesn't mean that was necessarily the case in old GT2 for example. There are different approaches to it.

Last edited by Deleted; 29 Jul 2014 at 21:39.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3440240)   #37
ThunderValley
Rookie

United States
Chicago
ThunderValley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there Thursday through the final GT3 race on Sunday. Many pictures will follow
Old 31 Jul 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3440507)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderValley View Post
I will be there Thursday through the final GT3 race on Sunday. Many pictures will follow
I'm jealous. looks like a good schedule of support races for the weekend.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3440630)   #39
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So looks like the race will be tape delayed on Sunday on fs1. Just wonderful,the only way to really enjoy gtlm is by timing and scoring and the on board streams.cant do that with a tape delay.oh well....
Old 1 Aug 2014, 01:54 (Ref:3440633)   #40
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
So Road America stated that their Advance Ticket Pricing ends today. Well they forgot to tell everyone that it ended at 12:01am today....

Looks like I'm not camping this year, and will maybe only go for Sunday. $50 extra isn't worth it ($170 per ticket for the weekend w/ camping).
Old 1 Aug 2014, 02:32 (Ref:3440639)   #41
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
So Road America stated that their Advance Ticket Pricing ends today. Well they forgot to tell everyone that it ended at 12:01am today....

Looks like I'm not camping this year, and will maybe only go for Sunday. $50 extra isn't worth it ($170 per ticket for the weekend w/ camping).
Ouch. That is a big hit.

I have a general question. Where does the ticket money go at a race weekend? Pay staff and upkeep at the track would be one item I'd assume, but what else?
Old 1 Aug 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3440719)   #42
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
tracks... biggest asset $properAcronym has remaining IMHO, and road america being one of them.
Wayne Taylor saying this would be the track he'd cut first ... blasphemy!
Wayne: You should treasure the grace of being allowed to run there (with your **bias / opinion intentionally not expressed** car!)

I hope this race will leave me with a positive outlook on watching 100% of PLM and remain calmly optimistic about seeing a good race on a great track.
Bring it on, $properAcronym!
WT's reasoning was perfectly acceptable, and understandable, from a business standpoint.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3440733)   #43
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actaully Wayne Taylor's reasoning is idiotic from a business standpoint. If he chooses to look only at the immediate oprofit for his small portion of the business, surem, it seems to make sense, but if he ahs the common sense to examione the overall effect on the series (and WTR's business health is totally dependent on the series' health) then it is obviously ridiculous.

Short-sighted, small-minded thinking---cut a race which is immensely popular and thus a huge benefit for the series, and he makes less at every other race, because the series has lost a few more fans and made a few less dollars. How is that good business sense.

it's like a shop in a mall saying "I don't care if every other store in the mall closes," without being able to realize that if that happens, the mall closes, and his business closes too.

Perfectly understandable, in fact very easy to understand, but NOT good business sense
Old 1 Aug 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3440746)   #44
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Ouch. That is a big hit.

I have a general question. Where does the ticket money go at a race weekend? Pay staff and upkeep at the track would be one item I'd assume, but what else?
Sanctioning fee, security, track upkeep, utilities, general staff, they probably have to have an insurance policy, and the track wants to make some money.

A ticket without camping for four days of on track activity bought in advance was $105. In contrast VIR is $70 for an advance ticket just for Sunday.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3440803)   #45
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
The track just called my personal phone to offer the advanced pricing due to their error. They also opened up their camping restrictions to get me a sight closer than a 1/2 mile from the track.

Two tickets and a campsite purchased, see everyone Thursday night near the Sargento Bridge!
Old 1 Aug 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3440808)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
The track just called my personal phone to offer the advanced pricing due to their error. They also opened up their camping restrictions to get me a sight closer than a 1/2 mile from the track.

Two tickets and a campsite purchased, see everyone Thursday night near the Sargento Bridge!
Good to hear the track management are good people! I wondered why they had such limited number of camping spaces in the past. I guess they can gauge the demand and open more spots if need be.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3440815)   #47
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
Exactly. They fill sites in phases (Turn 9 first, then Turn 8 and 4, then 3, then weird spots, then East of the pagoda).

Back in the hey-day of ALMS, I was usually way off the boonies with a million other people, and last year (and this year) those sites are now full as well!

It will be a huge this year, and a lot of promotion across Wisconsin as well.
Old 2 Aug 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3440995)   #48
Jaguar4
Rookie

United States
Grand Rapids, MI
Jaguar4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Starworks Motorsports will be returning to Road America with their HPD DP. Rumored drivers are Brendon Hartley and a Honda affiliated Indycar driver. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/10702...r-road-america
Old 2 Aug 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3441002)   #49
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar4 View Post
Looks like Starworks Motorsports will be returning to Road America with their HPD DP. Rumored drivers are Brendon Hartley and a Honda affiliated Indycar driver. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/10702...r-road-america
Still trying to figure out the reasoning behind this car. I guess Honda told Starworks they would give them money to put the engine in their unused car. I don't see another non-Starworks Honda powered DP out there ever, though.
Old 2 Aug 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3441010)   #50
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Right. Especially considering that HPD is trying to run up to 6 LMP2 Coupe's amongst WEC and Tudor next year.

Wish they would spend more time fast-tracking the NSX GTE car.