Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jul 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3279192)   #51
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
How are the Korean GP and this indictment linked?
It is a joke, Joyce.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3279217)   #52
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Could Bernie's P45 be on the way?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108845

If and when Bernie goes I suspect there is likely to be chaos, as of this time there is no concorde agreement. Therefore nobody is in charge and without Bernie herding them in his direction it will take a tough operator to keep everybody on the straight and narrow.

There you go Bella, from he above article:

"Mr Ecclestone has six weeks to provide a response to this bill of indictment, prior to a decision being made by the Court on opening proceedings."
Old 18 Jul 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3279220)   #53
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I expect I'll have to loan him some more money !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Jul 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3279227)   #54
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I expect I'll have to loan him some more money !
Poor friends and relatives that keep getting themselves into trouble are just a complete hell aren't they?

You're a good man Gordon.
Old 19 Jul 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3279278)   #55
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I might not have to as the old "Teflon Bernie" effect will probably work as in the past !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Jul 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3279288)   #56
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Soap on a rope is a good item to pack,you never want to drop the soap in the big house.
Old 19 Jul 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3279291)   #57
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
How are the Korean GP and this indictment linked?
Seepong Engineering Co Ltd. ???????
Old 19 Jul 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3279372)   #58
wnut
Veteran

http://www.pitpass.com/49534-Will-Be...going-to-court

This explains where Bernie is relative to the German legal system.
Old 19 Jul 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3279525)   #59
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:

If and when Bernie goes I suspect there is likely to be chaos, as of this time there is no concorde agreement. Therefore nobody is in charge and without Bernie herding them in his direction it will take a tough operator to keep everybody on the straight and narrow.
An agreement or contract isn't the problem. That's the easy side of it. The agreement of the teams is the only thing standing in the way and the basis of that is money.... as always in F1.

Bernie doesn't really wield a big stick because now everyone bows to his direction in most situations. Why do they need to be on the straight and narrow? We complain ferociously about the general conformity that exists in F1 and its partially due to the herdsman instincts of the F1 shepherd who usually wants general conformity from all associates.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3279961)   #60
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Bernie would install said daughter to run the show whilst on a sabatical, she knows how to spend and gets what she wants, simple solution to problem.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3279972)   #61
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Bernie would install said daughter to run the show whilst on a sabatical, she knows how to spend and gets what she wants, simple solution to problem.
Bernie is mind-bogglingly greedy but he's not completely insane.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3279974)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That would be sheer nepotism and I could see teams, sponsors, tracks etc. being infuriated over such a decision.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3280074)   #63
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Let me see.

Plus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzEEa3TwSU0

Old 25 Jul 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3281531)   #64
Raspberry
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Raspberry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had worse, I'll just say that...
Old 5 Aug 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3286098)   #65
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
possibly more trouble for Bernie
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/119731.html
Old 5 Aug 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3286149)   #66
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb View Post
Coul it be ?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3286152)   #67
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Money, money, money, always sunny, in the rich man's world...........
Old 5 Aug 2013, 15:34 (Ref:3286166)   #68
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I don't have problems with money... I don't have it !
Old 7 Aug 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3286836)   #69
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
There's one issue that has been drawn to my attention regarding motorsport profitability and that is the unbundling of pay to view television.
Its likely to happen in the US and when it does hundreds of millions will be sucked out of professional sports which are often under written by the 53 million people who pay a hundred dollars a month to get programmes they never watch....

When sports is unbundled people will only pay for what they watch, and the cost of that may go up or if it is uneconomic it won't be covered....
ESPN will watch over 750 million in revenues disappear, wiped from its books... into a black hole...

F1 audiences will be limited considerably if it is not on terrestrial TV, especially if it costs more to watch or if the real audience figures shrink to realistic or 'honest' figures.

Then CVC's investment will not look so sweet nor will its revenue books.... So CVC may bail or flick it off for what it can get for it... Or will the FIA pick it up again... But it will not be the revenue stream it once was.
That will mean less for whoever owns it (like all professional sport) and less for the teams via their share from the Concorde divestment agreement. Lower audience figures will limit commercial revenue proposals and maybe reality will hit F1 like a train.
Red Bull will weather it because it is less dependent on external investment via sponsorship although I think they are probably almost self sufficient in support now or close to it. (ie they get enough revenue to pay for the majority of the teams direct costs... so its not actually costing the boss too much. In fact Torro Rosso may be costing Red Bull drinks more than the primary team...) However how many of the teams would pass away if the revenue for the teams dropped away to less than half what they are getting now...
millions less.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3286906)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Good thinking but would that happen ?
Old 7 Aug 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3286912)   #71
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Good thinking but would that happen ?
I think Teretonga makes a very good point and there's a very high chance it will move in that direction.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3286918)   #72
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Well, I'm not sure how it will happen and how the TV networks around the world would accept it. Right now much of F1 coverage is already in pay channels here, with only qualifying and the race on open TV, but I'm pretty sure that the broadcasting deal is up until 2017.

Also it is a global trend to move to satellite TV and ppv channels.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3286921)   #73
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
There's one issue that has been drawn to my attention regarding motorsport profitability and that is the unbundling of pay to view television.
Interesting. I don't worry much with stuff out of my control.

I know this much. Companies(with$) like to market through motorsports. They
understand that the race fan niche tend to have strong brand loyalty as they
do in a favorite driver or team. If any sanction moves away from the norm in programming (ie:televising) they will look to other sanctions in motorsports to spend their advertising dollars to market to those brand loyal fans ( imho).
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3286922)   #74
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Interesting. I don't worry much with stuff out of my control.

I know this much. Companies(with$) like to market through motorsports. They
understand that the race fan niche tend to have strong brand loyalty as they
do in a favorite driver or team. If any sanction moves away from the norm in programming (ie:televising) they will look to other sanctions in motorsports to spend their advertising dollars to market to those brand loyal fans ( imho).
That's what's happening to IndyCar, with falling TV viewing figures sponsors are looking elsewhere.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3286938)   #75
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Its likely to happen in the US and when it does hundreds of millions will be sucked out of professional sports which are often under written by the 53 million people who pay a hundred dollars a month to get programmes they never watch....

When sports is unbundled people will only pay for what they watch, and the cost of that may go up or if it is uneconomic it won't be covered....
ESPN will watch over 750 million in revenues disappear, wiped from its books... into a black hole...
wouldnt the opposite happen?

the sports bundle is already the pay bundle (and using myself as an example) is only available if you buy all the basic and mandatory channels first. basically 120 a month (of 150/mos) goes to the crap that i dont want in order for me to spend a 20 on what i do want.

so i feel that the 'sports audience' is underwriting the bad channels and if the sports channels got all my money (more than 20 but less then 150 i hope but i would still spend 150...thats my price point) instead of having to share it with the crap then wont the sports channels have more money to spend on sports? i have no numbers to back this up though so would be interested in reading more about how my cable subscription money gets split up and spent.

the problem with an F1 pay channel is that it doesnt really offer much so who would pay for it? compare it to the NFL Network (brilliant and highly recommend it if you have a chance to subscribe to it) is 24 hour smorgasbord of commentary, highlights, analysis, documentaries, classic games, as well as about 15 or so live games a year. they have a feature where they pick the game of the week and break it down with player and coach commentary over the plays giving you an incredible amount of insight into a teams playbook and mentality. it costs me $3.00 extra a month for it.

the F1 channel barely even lets you into their archives and really doesnt represent much value compared to what else is out there.

maybe some more competition will make them better or maybe an F1 post BE will have someone at the helm more in tune with the needs of the TV audience and aware of the existence of the internet.