Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Oct 2001, 07:56 (Ref:162374)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Ozemail resign

Ozemail have resigned with Brad Jones motorsport for 2 years and Ford have accepted Brad as a fully funded level one ford team.

Jones says "this is great news for the team allowing us to plan for the next 2 years knowing our funding is secure"

extra funding for the team could also add more speculation into a 2nd car for BJR..

well done Brad I guess Ozemail were very impressed after their performance at bathurst.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 09:30 (Ref:162405)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcus, you had me worried for a while then, I thought you meant resigned as in retired - then it clicked - silly me...

Excellent news for Brad and the team.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 14:05 (Ref:162491)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
hehehehe...tricky word that one isnt it ?

sorry DNQ.

This was a little piece done on my local news tonight (thursday) but after watching I have become a little confused.

Am I lead to believe that Brad Jones was not a Factory Ford supported team ?
I was under the impression that he already was..doesnt matter now i guess because he will be going into next year.

they got me going by saying in the build up to the sports section that Brad Jones racing announce exciting news for 2002...I thought i was about to hear that Bowe had signed to drive a 2nd car or something like that ...but it was only this announcement ...good news indeed but with the build up they gave it i was expecting more

but at least now with their funding in place this could lead to bigger announcements in the near future !!!
Old 18 Oct 2001, 20:57 (Ref:162647)   #4
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If BJR got hold of John Bowe then perhaps Ford might even toss a little more moolah their way ?
Old 18 Oct 2001, 21:26 (Ref:162663)   #5
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They did get some help from Ford, but not at anywhere the same level as DJR,FTR and Gibson.

One thoing do well is pr. In the lead up to Bathurst they got great PR milage for one of their sponsors ,Lauda Air, by creating constant speculation over the arrival of John Cleland, and his eventual succesfull arrival by Lauda Air.

Now there is a airline that just has to be a sponsor for a motor racing team.
Old 19 Oct 2001, 00:19 (Ref:162708)   #6
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm...don't think so...all the airlines are in quit a bit of strife at the moment with recent world events.

There are some other big companies out there that should be sponsoring a V8, McDonalds, Coca Cola, KFC or Pizza Hut just to name a few. Imagine the advertising campaign a pizza deilvery chain could launch with Pizzas being delieverd by a V8 Supercar.