Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2002, 08:56 (Ref:238157)   #1
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a comeback!

While most threads compliments the William's drivers and contended the FIA ruling on the drive thru penalty imposed on JPM plus the swerve made by TGF from one side to the other.

This thread is all about congratulating TGF on his spectacular effort from being number 21 and driving his way up to third spot at the end of the race!

Not many people can do that..certainly proves he's the best!...remembered DC doing it in Monaco last year though, but McLaren is such a failure these days with their inconsistency.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 09:05 (Ref:238163)   #2
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best thing was that Michael pushed right 'till the end and it payed off with Jenson's car failure. An extra point for not backing off even though there was no realistic chance.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 09:08 (Ref:238165)   #3
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: what a comeback!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
While most threads compliments the William's drivers and contended the FIA ruling on the drive thru penalty imposed on JPM plus the swerve made by TGF from one side to the other.

This thread is all about congratulating TGF on his spectacular effort from being number 21 and driving his way up to third spot at the end of the race!

Not many people can do that..certainly proves he's the best!...remembered DC doing it in Monaco last year though, but McLaren is such a failure these days with their inconsistency.

yes, it was a spectacular comeback by montoya, wasnt it!!!
Old 18 Mar 2002, 09:11 (Ref:238167)   #4
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Yeah!..poor Rubens who was forced out of the race, if not it'll not be 1 and 2 for the Williams.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 09:18 (Ref:238172)   #5
Lazarus
Rookie

Lazarus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't say MS drove spectacularly. The only reason he got in the points was due to everyone else's reliability. Even the commentators said it was a lackluster performance on his part... extremely lucky to get 3rd.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 09:20 (Ref:238173)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Schumacher's comeback drive was pretty good and very efficient (apart from Bernoldi, but that was a great (short) dice). I didn't get to see most of Schumachr's drive through the field - even on digital because I didn't have chance to change the camera views. This was mainly because I was watching Montoya overtaking!

Montoya's was good too and he had to do it twice! Although he wasn't as far back. I particularly liked the (short) dice with Button. Side by side through the first corner and Montoya didn't get past until corner 4. Excellent stuff.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 09:25 (Ref:238176)   #7
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus
I wouldn't say MS drove spectacularly. The only reason he got in the points was due to everyone else's reliability. Even the commentators said it was a lackluster performance on his part... extremely lucky to get 3rd.
Who was your race commentator? He didn't know what he was talking about.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 09:44 (Ref:238191)   #8
Lazarus
Rookie

Lazarus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Brundle and Allen but that's besides the point... to say he drove an amazing comeback when he really didn't have any challenges is stupid. In a normal race distance he usually laps most of the field (as do the Macs and Williams's), so tell me what was so special about this "comeback"? everyone retiring in front of him? he didn't overtake a williams nor a Mac .... not even his team mate (which wouldn't be hard now would it...hehe).
Old 18 Mar 2002, 09:54 (Ref:238200)   #9
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to say schui's comeback was spectacular is a bit neave. he was driving around like an old woman,struggling to overtake an arrows with a pay driver.i doubt he wouldve passed either mclaren, wiiliams or rubens,{actually he would've passed rubens after the toad imposed team orders}
Old 18 Mar 2002, 10:03 (Ref:238204)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TGF certainly did drive well to get to third, but not spectacular, and was very lucky (how much does this guy have?) to get on the podium, thanks to the retirements of both McLarens and Barrichello, and only got on the podium due to Buttons misfortune.

But TGF did push all the way until the end, and credit where credit is due. He did get on the podium. That's all that really counts in the end.

However, IMO, JPM was more spectacular. His dices with Button were fantastic.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 10:28 (Ref:238218)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
he really really struggled to get past the saubers didn't he? i thought that heidfeld was gonna end up in the barriers he jumped that far out of the way!
Old 18 Mar 2002, 10:42 (Ref:238226)   #12
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jukebox;
It makes it a lot easier when half of them just move out of the way for you!
Old 18 Mar 2002, 10:46 (Ref:238228)   #13
drexel
Racer

Considering most ppl have said they didn't get to see Montoya or Michael coming back through the field...how can it be so certain that JPM's drive was more spectacular?
Remember Michael had to drive the first lap without a front wing aswell, with traffic everywhere.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 10:51 (Ref:238234)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by drexel
Considering most ppl have said they didn't get to see Montoya or Michael coming back through the field...how can it be so certain that JPM's drive was more spectacular?
Remember Michael had to drive the first lap without a front wing aswell, with traffic everywhere.
i watched jpm onboard through sky digital and i can assure you it was spectacular!

granted i didn't watch so much of tgf but what i did see was.2 saubers jumping out of the way, 1 limping renault which couldn't put up a fight and 1 arrows only to be overtaken by it again! (admittidly getting past it again!)
Old 18 Mar 2002, 10:59 (Ref:238241)   #15
drexel
Racer

Quote:
he didn't overtake a williams nor a Mac .... not even his team mate
And Montoya did?

Actually i doubt 95% of either's passes were anything special...mostly just passing ppl down the straights with quicker cars..

Last edited by drexel; 18 Mar 2002 at 11:00.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 13:38 (Ref:238365)   #16
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Being a Shumi fan I was impressed by his comeback. Also I think JPM's was just as good.

Yes they BOTH were lucky that so many dropped out before them but that is how the penny drops? No?

Last edited by Cougar21; 18 Mar 2002 at 13:39.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 13:44 (Ref:238369)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Don't think TGF's car was right after the incident at the first corner.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 13:55 (Ref:238380)   #18
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Shu's drive was that good(not as good as some others i have seen him do).
Yeah he got up from 21st to 3rd...........but did you not see most of the other drivers infront of him fall off the track, the only time he was catchin' the top 2 was when they were slowin' down cos they were on the last couple of laps
Old 18 Mar 2002, 13:58 (Ref:238384)   #19
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No I have to agree there. It was MS usually "knife through butter" comeback. I think it was probably because the accident ruined their pit strategy as well.

Patrick Head said that Montoyas strategy was a quicker one than Ralfs, But I dont believe that. Although Im a JPM fan I have to say Ralfs performance was dominate today and I dont think anyone could have beaten him.

What a comeback in performance from Ralf after a lackluster end of last season.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 14:10 (Ref:238394)   #20
Fuel
Rookie

Fuel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Cougar21
Being a Shumi fan I was impressed by his comeback. Also I think JPM's was just as good.

Yes they BOTH were lucky that so many dropped out before them but that is how the penny drops? No?
well ms's drive was good, in that he didn't yield to the thought of of being dead last. other drivers may have folded at the thought, like, and i hate to say it, dc, but this just shows the desire for ms to try and win every race. this is a quality that all of us can admire.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 14:17 (Ref:238402)   #21
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, it was fairly decent but mainly for managing to get back to the pits with zero downforce. The rest should be fairly simple, considering that this is a car built by a championship winning team. He didn't have to overtake anyone within the "Big 3" and his afternoon IMO was probably a bit like what might happen if blue flags didn't exist.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 18 Mar 2002, 14:40 (Ref:238416)   #22
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I agree Fuel.. he was there to pick up the pieces at the end. That sounds harsh but I don't know how else to put it.
Anyways Fuel, "laat die goed gaan " Glad to see a fellow SA on here When are we gonna get a race???

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 15:17 (Ref:238436)   #23
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a fortunate luxury . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by mr v

i watched jpm onboard through sky digital and i can assure you it was spectacular!

mr v,
just to get away from all of this kamikaze swerve / corner unavoidable collision thing for a moment,
let me let you know how jealous I am of your undeniable fortune to have been able to witness that spectacular view.

Dam! I want my sky digital
- or anything that resembles it - (I'm in NYC)

Anyway, back to the comeback issue . . . . .
Old 18 Mar 2002, 16:02 (Ref:238466)   #24
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great drive by Schumy.To come from 21st to finish 3rd is awesome.Not only was he 21st but quite a way down from the 20th runner.

He was obviously ****ed of at what the weasel did to him at the start and fought back brilliantly.But he is a great driver so even with the problem with his car,I would not expect any less from Schumy.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 17:52 (Ref:238556)   #25
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
Yeah!..poor Rubens who was forced out of the race, if not it'll not be 1 and 2 for the Williams.
Hacking Jenson and RB's cars, Ferrari's two-way telemetry worked well to get a podium slot for "Mr. Chop"...