Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Nov 2005, 06:16 (Ref:1451837)   #1
Smurfer
Racer

Australia
Smurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camer lens in on board camera

Hi,

I am just wondering why ITV or who ever it is uses the lens they use on board of F1 cars. I realise it makes them look faster than what it would appear to to driver.

I would much prefer a normal lens. I thought the on board pictures from A1GP were much better.

Can someone shed some light.

BTW I am relieved to be part of a website that does not consist of 50% anti MS threads.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1451975)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome on board Smufer.

Well, I don't know what kind of lens they used that, but they look pretty good to me, or maybe I am the one who needs glasses...

And about the threads, I'm sure most of the members are users of Mr. Bill Gates products !
Old 4 Nov 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1452137)   #3
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
And about the threads, I'm sure most of the members are users of Mr. Bill Gates products !
Surely he was meant TGF when he wrote "MS"???
Old 4 Nov 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1452156)   #4
jb59892
Rookie

jb59892 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The in car camears, afaik, are left overs from Mr E's attemp to have a digital F1 channel. After that failed, the images from on board cameras were made availabel to all. If you don't like the images you'll need to talk to the FIA/Me E
Old 4 Nov 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1452169)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny side up!
I thought Smurfer was meaning he/she was growing weary of an overload of spamming from Multiple Sclerosis charities.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1452228)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny side up!
[joke]I'm sure that means Microsoft...[/joke]

Old 4 Nov 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1452339)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry we don't yet have the "joke" code. Can you submit the html and one of our customer service people will get back to you.

In the meantime try wiping your disc, switching off the computer and going for a beer, or something.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1452343)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

You forgot : "Reinstall the software and check for upgrades in our site"
Old 4 Nov 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1452345)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope that's automatic!
Old 5 Nov 2005, 00:37 (Ref:1452500)   #10
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb59892
The in car camears, afaik, are left overs from Mr E's attemp to have a digital F1 channel. After that failed, the images from on board cameras were made availabel to all. If you don't like the images you'll need to talk to the FIA/Me E

don't know if you are being serious or not here but on board cams were around a long time before Mr E's digital channel was even a dream, and the footage was shown quiet a lot during the races.

MM
Old 5 Nov 2005, 00:57 (Ref:1452509)   #11
gringottsdirect
Racer

United Kingdom
50 Rue St Georges Paris
gringottsdirect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
... and the footage was shown quiet a lot during the races.

The footage had sound everytime on ITV. Very enjoyable too, can't wait to hear next year's V8s.

Being serious, is it really the case that the in-car cameras make the speed appear greater than to a driver's perspective ?
Old 5 Nov 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1452868)   #12
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfer
Hi,

I am just wondering why ITV or who ever it is uses the lens they use on board of F1 cars. I realise it makes them look faster than what it would appear to to driver.

I would much prefer a normal lens. I thought the on board pictures from A1GP were much better.

Can someone shed some light.

BTW I am relieved to be part of a website that does not consist of 50% anti MS threads.
Honestly, I don't think you can compare F1 speeds to A1GP speeds
Old 5 Nov 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1452874)   #13
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don;t mind them I have to say. I'd prefer better angles and more cameras, but hey, you can;t have it every way.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1453624)   #14
Smurfer
Racer

Australia
Smurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I realise that F1's and A1GP cars are very different in their top and average speeds.

I'm pretty sure the lens' make everything appear further away than it actually is making everything seem faster than it is.

Don't get me wrong I like watching it and prefer it to no on board camer at all.