Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Oct 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2977954)   #26
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"There are some reasons I can't talk about, but I would say that AMR-One is only 20 percent of the decision," he explained. "I decided to leave, not the other way around.

"I'm not leaving to go to another job, but I am looking for a new challenge for the future."

It is understood that a reorganization at AMR, which has been ongoing since the summer, played a role in Howard-Chappell's decision.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111027/ALMS/111029889

So it sounds like he does not have anything lined up at the moment as far as a job with another team.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2978100)   #27
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"It is understood that a reorganization at AMR, which has been ongoing since the summer, played a role in Howard-Chappell's decision"

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1c4KdwW61

This was inevitable following the frank interview with David Richards on Radio Le Mans on the Saturday afternoon following the AMR 1 fiasco.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2978382)   #28
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definitely means the car, itself, was only 20% of the reason.

Probably part of the rest is he wanted a new project.

But also, and this from someone who hasn't followed his time in AMR and Prodrive that closely, was the AMR-One, as is, a project from his design, completely? Did he want to build a chassis, or did Prodrive/AMR force that decision? And, having been with them for so long, he may have decided to stay to help make it work, if possible. And having failed, maybe he just got up and said "I told you so".
He was, in fact, the guy behind the Lola coupé project.