Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 May 2008, 22:19 (Ref:2199571)   #26
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
That is what was mentioned for the sum spent so far By VM Motorsports on their Spyder program. But in the same breath it was also said that this was by far way more than the other teams were spending. I would assume that this is approx. the same level that the Penske cars are run/maintained at. So as close to a factory effort as a privateer can get!

L.P.
I think a fair bit of the 6million mentioned, ended up with a certain mr. J. Verstappen... he definitely does not drive out of a love for endurance racing alone... but even if that accounts for a couple of 100k, it's still a heck of an amount for a privateer effort
Old 12 May 2008, 02:18 (Ref:2199661)   #27
alwayswatching
Rookie

alwayswatching should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Dyson is spending much less than that to run two.
6,000,000.00 GBP

=

11,698,035.59 USD

From what I've heard, a Spyder + spares is around $3.5 mil x 2 = $7 mil + running costs for the pair for the season, guessing around $4 mil? = $11 mil +/-.

So yes if these are close figures, Dysons are doing it cheaper.
Old 12 May 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2200069)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Some hefty figures quoted there ..... makes you wonder just how much Johnathon France is spending , designing his own machine , developing it and building a complete new factory too , as well as top drivers ?

Hats off all round .

85,500 bucks for a Viper CC crash . It must be frightening to think about an LMP1 or LMP2 car for repair .
Old 12 May 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2200071)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucom
I think a fair bit of the 6million mentioned, ended up with a certain mr. J. Verstappen... he definitely does not drive out of a love for endurance racing alone... but even if that accounts for a couple of 100k, it's still a heck of an amount for a privateer effort

Seriously, that much for Verstappen?
Old 12 May 2008, 12:48 (Ref:2200077)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , I gotta say that Verstappen is doing one hell of a job . I didnt think he would be able to peddle that car that quickly .
Old 12 May 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2200124)   #31
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No matter how you look at it World Class sports car racing ( or any racing ) is not inexpesive.

Again the idea of "cost containment and racing" is an oxymoron.

The idea of buying a race ready 997 with spare parts or a F430 with spare parts kits suddenly becomes low cost entery into the big leages sports car racing. :lol:

and some ppl wonder why there are not more NEW GT1 or GT2 cars?
Old 12 May 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2200363)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
and some ppl wonder why there are not more NEW GT1 or GT2 cars?
Yeah ..... I had no idea repairs would come to that .....

Remember Tom Weikhart , from a few years back ? He ran the American Viper effort in the ALMS , and every bloody race the car was shunted ..... guess the missus didnt aprove !!!
Old 12 May 2008, 20:21 (Ref:2200450)   #33
alwayswatching
Rookie

alwayswatching should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would seriously doubt it.

Can't see anyone paying much more than half a mil at best to someone who was a midfielder on a good day in F1.

Ask around the paid guys in sportscars............they don't get mega bucks, not even the McNish's of the world. If you ain't at the top in F1, Nascar, IRL or maybe Rally & DTM..............you ain't earning a fortune. Most in sportscars probably bring money along anyway.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 05:18 (Ref:2991475)   #34
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
(Necrobump) Otherwise unrelated story but it had this: "The budget announced for VW [the WRC program] is already at the level of Audi in Sport Prototype, or approximately EUR 50 million per year."
Old 26 Nov 2011, 05:38 (Ref:2991476)   #35
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you do that in rally? I mean, Ogier must be pulling in cash, but still, I can't see where they put the rest. Start up costs, maybe?
Old 26 Nov 2011, 05:39 (Ref:2991477)   #36
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Two other things I had saved:

AMR, 12m € in 2009 according to Italian EVO mag: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1778

Ullrich's possibly exaggerated comment from 2010: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10282541
Quote:
To put things into perspective, in recent years the cost of running a mid-grid team in Formula 1 has been more than $200m.

"For a budget like that," says Dr Ullrich, "I could do touring cars, Le Mans and the American Le Mans Series for several years."
Old 26 Nov 2011, 16:16 (Ref:2991620)   #37
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
How do you do that in rally? I mean, Ogier must be pulling in cash, but still, I can't see where they put the rest. Start up costs, maybe?
Ogier was earning 4m Euros per season at Citroen, cars cost around £400k apiece, continuious testing, big marketing etc.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 02:37 (Ref:2991791)   #38
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
I guess they will be switching the budget and most of the team from the Dakar team. Plus Ogier is running the Skoda in all rounds next year plus testing the polo. With events all over the globe the budget adds up very fast
Old 27 Nov 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2991835)   #39
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know that a seat in GTE Am is around €500.000
Old 27 Nov 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2991947)   #40
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
I know that a seat in GTE Am is around €500.000
Yeah, the word is that a season in WEC with a GTE car would be around €1,5M.