Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Mar 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2848068)   #26
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More in the car than they have shown. Look out for Boris in qualifying.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2848201)   #27
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
cthib10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
More in the car than they have shown. Look out for Boris in qualifying.
I was surprised all week not seeing either of the cars doing particularly well. Boris should put in a sold qualifying time though.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2848209)   #28
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess the Robertsons are really serious about things as they are scheduled to haul both cars to France for the Le Mans Test Days. Quite ambitious I would say. Corvette are only sending Beretta, Gavin and Milner to do all the set up work with only the Larbe car.

DK
Old 19 Mar 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2848855)   #29
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I guess the Robertsons are really serious about things as they are scheduled to haul both cars to France for the Le Mans Test Days. Quite ambitious I would say. Corvette are only sending Beretta, Gavin and Milner to do all the set up work with only the Larbe car.

DK
Corvette doesn't have to send its cars to the test, Robertsons are required to since they're a new team with a car that's never been at Le Mans.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2856986)   #30
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news on the restrictor "adjustment" from IMSA and news of an electric hybrid.

Old 8 Apr 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2860464)   #31
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The way the homologation rules were explained to me, after Doran Ford GT chassis #001 was homologated. All Doran built Fords were then homologated for 5 years. Those chassis went to Matech, so after Matech #001 was homologated all Matech Fords have a life span of 5 years. This would also hold true with Pratt & Miller and Riley Corvettes. If anyone else knows if the rules work this way, I'd be more than happy to hear if this is correct
I'm not sure thats correct. The first two or three Matech cars were built from road cars I believe, then Ford made new chassis for them (theres rather a lot of em). I'm not sure of the origin of the Doran chassis.

Quote:
The Ford GT chassis used by Robertson comes straight off a show room floor and is then modified by Doran. That's the extent of Ford's involvement in the chassis.
But Mike knows.

So Doran's cars were road cars - Matech's were purpose built by Ford.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2860495)   #32
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
I'm not sure thats correct. The first two or three Matech cars were built from road cars I believe, then Ford made new chassis for them (theres rather a lot of em). I'm not sure of the origin of the Doran chassis.
The Doran chassis came from a Ford GT chassis. Same with Matech. And from what I understand Ford supplied Matech additional chassis after the production run of cars was over. I do not know if these were left over or new builds. The Doran cars have a Doran serial number as well as a VIN.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2860613)   #33
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post

But Mike knows.

So Doran's cars were road cars - Matech's were purpose built by Ford.
If I remember correctly, Robertson utilized a Ford dealer in Macon GA to acquire their Ford GT chassis. Suspension, uprights, etc, are Doran design, as are many of the other bits that differentiate a race car from a road car. Bodywork came off of molds pulled from production bodywork, with necessary modifications (fender flares for instance). Though by now, many of the bits are bespoke to Robertson Racing as they modify and improve upon the original Doran articles.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2860672)   #34
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well artin Bartek

Qiuestion, does anybody knows if Matech is building Ford GT's for GT2 class? I know Im may be late on this question, but I was just wondering...
Old 8 Apr 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2860685)   #35
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Doran chassis came from a Ford GT chassis. Same with Matech. And from what I understand Ford supplied Matech additional chassis after the production run of cars was over. I do not know if these were left over or new builds. The Doran cars have a Doran serial number as well as a VIN.
There are TONS of brand new Ford GTs out there that haven't been titled, even to this day.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 20:23 (Ref:2861007)   #36
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Well artin Bartek

Qiuestion, does anybody knows if Matech is building Ford GT's for GT2 class? I know Im may be late on this question, but I was just wondering...
That's pretty much abandoned. Not even new GT1 versions are being made.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2866174)   #37
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Very nice story on Dave, Andrea and the Robertson Racing Team in the print April 18th edition of Autoweek. I hope they put it up on their website.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2867502)   #38
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Still waiting for the Autoweek story to be placed on line. But found these.

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/u...nues_3336.html

http://www.endurance-magazine.fr/pho...-ford-gt-5745/

http://yfrog.com/h7vh0emqj

Last edited by HJJ; 21 Apr 2011 at 13:21.
Old 22 Apr 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2868352)   #39
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Nice story by John Dagys @ Speedtv.com

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...he-robertsons/
Old 26 Apr 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2869814)   #40
HJJ
Veteran

United States
For the Fans!

http://www.robertsonrace.com/sponsorship.html
Old 26 Apr 2011, 00:28 (Ref:2869815)   #41
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ha! Could have a fundraiser to put Ten-Tenths on the car :P But that wouldn't be an individual I guess.

Then there would always be the problem of the autograph and cap.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 00:33 (Ref:2869817)   #42
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, those are cheap sponsorship packages. Like, super dirt cheap. They make all the Jetta TDI Cup sponsorship package proposals that I saw look like F1 numbers.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2869823)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Can I get a sticker for 10 dollars?

Seriously, hope it works out for them. Lot of folk hurtin' for money and sure can't be a cheap trip to Le Mans. Gotta be eating into the checkbook.

Best of luck to them.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 02:43 (Ref:2869826)   #44
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does seem like something they are doing for fans more than for the cash, although I wouldn't be surprised if they raise a good bit of cash from it. Hope they do the same thing for Petit and maybe I can get a picture of my sticker on the car with me.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 02:53 (Ref:2869827)   #45
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Press release

http://www.robertsonrace.com/press/le-mans-special
Old 26 Apr 2011, 03:13 (Ref:2869828)   #46
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So is it a 4" x 1" or an 8" x 2" for the $250? It says 2 different things on the 2 pages. Super cheap either way.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2870201)   #47
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So did David and Andrea get their rookie laps done for Le Mans? Listening to the RLM pod casts now and it sounds like both cars are stranded on the track and neither had done a full 10 laps each.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2870603)   #48
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
So did David and Andrea get their rookie laps done for Le Mans? Listening to the RLM pod casts now and it sounds like both cars are stranded on the track and neither had done a full 10 laps each.
All drivers got their laps in. It was a bit of nail biter for David. Now just waiting to hear if the GT-Pro car (#69) gets into the race.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2870718)   #49
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Now just waiting to hear if the GT-Pro car (#69) gets into the race.
Hate to see someone have issues and have to fall out, but I do hope the Pro car gets in, they are worthy of being in the show and would contribute to the event.

robert
Old 27 Apr 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2870722)   #50
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Hate to see someone have issues and have to fall out, but I do hope the Pro car gets in, they are worthy of being in the show and would contribute to the event.

robert
Also, judging from the videos from the test day, both Fords please, simply for the sound.