Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Nov 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3781656)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi Fuston and welcome to Ten-Tenths. I hope you enjoy being here.

Thanks for those stories, Moneyseeker and mikestow. Fascinating insights into Sir Frank.
Old 21 Nov 2017, 04:06 (Ref:3781890)   #27
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was an interesting enough watch, with some good insight into the team, Sir Frank and its history.

One thing that did leave me a little conflicted was how it was described that Frank was essentially rebirthing race cars. I just don't know how i feel about it, or how it was laughed off.

I don't think it detracts from the legacy as such and what he has achieved is remarkable injury or no injury, but of all the elements that came out of that doco, thats the one that stuck.
Old 21 Nov 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3781920)   #28
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are all the same, I was told this story by one of Bernie Ecclestones mechanics back in the day he was a big car dealer......they would go to an auction to buy fleets of cars, normally ex ford stock......Bernies Mechanics would go around and swap over some spark plug leads.....so when perspective buyers tried to start it it ran like a bag of bolts......as a consequence nobody would bid on the cars and Bernie would steal the lot at rock bottom prices.......

Colin Chapman was also from the same mould, the DeLorean embezzlement scandal was his final effort.

Walkinshaw was the same, but he made the mistake of screwing over a massive corporate bank, and they had the last laugh.

I'm sure there are many more stories.......
Old 24 Nov 2017, 01:32 (Ref:3782540)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I finally got round to watching it and thought it was an excellent documentary. I would have liked it to have included the history of Williams and the team up until the present but that didn't detract from it.

I was always interested in how the team morphed into Walter Wolf Racing and I found this on that period and it gives quite a different account, from the one in the documentary.

http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/con-willi.html
Old 8 Feb 2018, 22:53 (Ref:3799716)   #30
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
A really interesting podcast from Motorsport Magazine featuring Williams Heritage's general manager Dickie Stanford and Jonathon Williams:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-mercedes-benz

When do you think an F1 car will have become impossible for a privateer to run?

"The ERS cars." Dickie Stanford

Last edited by wnut; 8 Feb 2018 at 22:59.