Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2721801)   #26
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Thats not scripted, you can see the love they both have for Senna, their hero, in the interchanges between the two - and you can see Jenson knows how special a moment sitting in Sennas car is for Lewis, fair play to Button for the respectful way he allows his team-mate to savour the moment. God I'd love to see these two out in some of those cars - if theyve still got the laptops to start them up that is.
The laptops wouldn't be a problem. What would be is the Honda engines.
It's not common knowledge, but no non-Honda owned F1 car that ran with Honda hardware is a runner anymore because Honda took all their engines back to Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Some of those cars are going up Goodwood this weekend. Jenson and Lewis are driving them. I don't think Lewis drove yesterday, but Jenson did. It was good to see, although more wellie was needed!
Honda has in their museum Mclarens, Williams, Lotus and other cars which are all runners.
Anytime you see these cars being demonstrated at Goodwood for example, they are Honda's museum cars transported over. Even the F1 cars in Donington's museum are non-runners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Moss View Post
I've never understood the facination behind the MP4/4. Yes it took all but 1 victory in the 88 season, but it only had Ferrari as its closest competitor.
I think the fascination since 1988 has been that it carried arguably the greatest driver ever to his 1st WDC. As time passes by it's the Senna angle that becomes most prevalent. Isn't it fascinating that although Button and Hamilton mentioned all the cars there, and Hakkinen and Prost's name, they both unveiled the Senna WDC winner of 1988. "He raced this car..."
Old 4 Jul 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2721908)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fascinating. I shall lie awake tonight thinking about that.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2721972)   #28
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Fascinating. I shall lie awake tonight thinking about that.
I've heard castor oil is great for loosening tongue from cheek...
Old 5 Jul 2010, 00:19 (Ref:2721973)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
I've heard castor oil is great for loosening tongue from cheek...
I've heard it was good for loosening other things.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 07:04 (Ref:2725894)   #30
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post
What a beautiful clip! I could watch it over and over. Matter of fact, I have.

Picture this...

Same clip... as Hamilton is sitting there, remembering Senna, the look of wonder on his face... quiet and somber atmosphere...

At that point, go out of focus, and fade to...

Noise and bright colors! A young Senna, standing at the rail, blue jeans and t-shirt, watching a Ferrari slide through a turn... setting up a pass on the leader, a half car length ahead...

Up with the theme music, and the title: The Ayrton Senna Story!

(Oops... I just realized that's been done. It's the opening to 'A League of Their Own.' Oh, well... it sure felt right for a moment.)
Well, I'll be darned. They did it!

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/0...s-this-autumn/

Quote:
Senna Movie Treat in Store for F1 Fans This Autumn

There is a film in production at the moment about the life of Ayrton Senna, which is due to come out in cinemas in the Autumn.
You lucky folks in the UK will get to see it first!

(No, I'm not connected. I didn't know that this movie was in production. Just a coincidence. It's not even a lucky guess. But maybe they'll take my suggestion and cut in the Lewis/Jenson clip as the opening before the movie hits the theaters... Yeah, Right! )

Enjoy!
Old 14 Jul 2010, 05:43 (Ref:2726395)   #31
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would give my left nut to spend a day in that place. The magical mysticism of F1...
Old 14 Jul 2010, 06:55 (Ref:2726405)   #32
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
The laptops wouldn't be a problem. What would be is the Honda engines.
It's not common knowledge, but no non-Honda owned F1 car that ran with Honda hardware is a runner anymore because Honda took all their engines back to Japan.
A Ford engined MP4-8 was testing at Mallory a few weeks ago, assisted by old Compaq laptops I believe running MS DOS.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2726480)   #33
Ubique
Racer

Falkland Islands
Watching penguins in the South Atlantic
Ubique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I would do for a chance to visit the crypt! As a marshal I have been priviledged to get close to some classic race cars both on the track and in the Donington Museum but to get a chance to sit in Senna's MP4-4... wow! Having met both Jenson and Lewis in the pitlane at this years Grand Prix I can only say that if they are faking their friendship then they deserve oscars! Both seemed to be true friends and there was a fantastic atmosphere radiating from all of the guys at McLaren.