Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Mar 2009, 14:37 (Ref:2408115)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jamie spits the dummy, again.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001023,00.html

Jamie spat the dummy at Ford now he has spat it at his own boss seems the championship has gone to his head and he is turning into abit of a brat. it's not like 888 are the first to do this.

poor Jamie is angry he won't get an advantage out of the car now and he is going to have to work harder, boo ****ing hoo Jamie suck it up you think your the best you are currently the best as the #1 on the car shows, just knucle down and do the work. put it this way if your beating them in the same kit then fair and square no ifs or buts about it you are a better driver then them.

thats just my view and i know i will cop crap for it.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2408142)   #2
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least he speaks his mind, but you should never have a go at your own team its just wrong and immature.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2408148)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
"I will have to go that little bit harder to get the business done because I won't get any advantage out of the car."
Now as a team owner, wouldn't you always expect a driver to 'go that little bit harder'?

If you have a driver who hasn't won a round, or a championship (take Courtney for example), and publicly claims that in the past he hasn't been giving his all, would you still employ him? Does the situation change when the driver has won a championship?

Evidently it does...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 3 Mar 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2408233)   #4
garbo6
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
garbo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If your car has an advantage and you are leading (like Whincup did alot last year), you only need to push enough to keep a comfortable lead. If that means that the driver doesn't need to push as hard as he can, then the team is better for it as they have plenty in reserve.

I'd say plenty of drivers out there would be annoyed if their advantage was diminished, a nothing story, but along with the Hog's Breath logo a good way of getting your team front and centre in the media for the start of the season.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2408315)   #5
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it when these blokes win a championship their egos get out of control, it is only a ****ing car race.

I am very disappointed, he is just another former champion now IMHO
Old 3 Mar 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2408352)   #6
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW... Can any one say "Media Beat Up".

The guy said he's annoyed that one of his advantages has been taken away, hardly Whincup "blasting" his bosses....

Understandable that he's annoyed. I doubt there's many guys in the field whose goal isn't to win and his boss is giving away one of his advantages....
Aside from that, if the difference between negotiating a contract with a 2x Champion and the guy who came 4th in this years championship is $X... It could have just cost Jamie $X through no fault of his own.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2408353)   #7
petebendon
Rookie

petebendon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
james phelps = BEAT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i boycott papers coz of rubbish like that
Old 3 Mar 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2408429)   #8
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typical beat up, but it gets them the exposure they're after and keeps the sponsors happy.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2408436)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Standard case of the headline having nothing to do with what the driver actually said.

If you bother to read the whole article there is no "blasting" - just a discussion and a pretty reasonable one at that.

Still sucked some people in I suppose and might move a bit more newsprint.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2408454)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At the bottom of the same page in teh Daily Telegraph is a piece about Leanne Tander driving for "Ford" in the enduros

Probably the best publicity that PCR have ever had... despite the good championship performance last year

In regards to the "Whincupgate" discussion above, what he should have said was that he had faith in his amazing team, the championship winning team of 2008 that they are the best team in the field, and that they can overcome other people using the same car.

It would have pushed a positive message to the newsmedia about his team, and deemphasized any comment about himself that can be (rightly?) misconstrued as an ego stroke.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Mar 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2408460)   #11
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I had of said something like that to my boss yesterday, I'd be looking for a new job today....
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 3 Mar 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2408475)   #12
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe someone should point out to Jamie Wingecup that he won the championship with engine technology bought straight from the Stone Brothers, luckily for him they were happy to compete on a level playing field.

What are 888 doing for engines this year?
Old 3 Mar 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2408486)   #13
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only a media beat up, but a pro beat up too.

For a bad winner, see Rick Kelly, who seems to have settled down now that he's been dusted twice.

Mrs Tander wasn't at the top for exactly that reason.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2408503)   #14
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a pile of pus.

Roland says Jamie is being "understandably selfish"

So why doesn't the headline read "TEAM OWNER BLASTS CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING DRIVER"????

Just more drivel from the fools at the Telegraph...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 3 Mar 2009, 23:41 (Ref:2408527)   #15
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Or maybe just a clever in-house piece of PR designed to talk up the customer cars value incase the 888 cars are substantially quicker than their customers in the identical cars...
Old 4 Mar 2009, 00:09 (Ref:2408532)   #16
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The article states the the cars were built for DJR and PCR by 888. True

Set up shet were provided - True

However how would they know if they set ups are correct. FG's are untested at tracks.

And also, yes technically speaking PCR will have a carbon copy of Jamie and Craigs vehicle i.e same chassis and engine where as DJR will be doing their own engine packages.

Could this be a defining factor.???

It is no secret around the DJR do build a damn good donk.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2408560)   #17
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What those teams do after they've put the setup sheets through the car is another story.

Lets not also forget that even thou SBR had developed a great engine, it wasn't until Roland pulled the pin on the old Briggs engine shop and decided to go into partnership with SBR that things really took off in the engine department for T8.

If your able to put out a product like T8 does, I don't think you'll argue with the potential income that can be made from it.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2408565)   #18
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprising that JW thinks he actually owns the ideas he came up with while being employed by 888. It becomes the IP of the company as soon as you open your mouth.

So do the test days of 888/DJR/Inta get halved since they're all using the same cars?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 01:50 (Ref:2408588)   #19
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
No, They are all independant entities, The Chassis is just being produced by 888 much the same as what BJR had last year, running ex walky cars
Old 4 Mar 2009, 01:51 (Ref:2408589)   #20
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
So do the test days of 888/DJR/Inta get halved since they're all using the same cars?
Why would they? Half the grid are using the same cars.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 02:09 (Ref:2408593)   #21
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While were on that, do kelly racing have less test days, or is Perkins and Woods cars still running under the perkins banner?
Old 4 Mar 2009, 02:14 (Ref:2408595)   #22
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I think Kelly Racing is a 4 car team, i think that the Kelly boys have bouth LP's licenses. Dont quote me on that though
Old 4 Mar 2009, 03:14 (Ref:2408611)   #23
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps it's a deliberate move by 888 to give the impression the cars are identical but...
Old 4 Mar 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2409166)   #24
express
Rookie

express should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
WOW... Can any one say "Media Beat Up".

The guy said he's annoyed that one of his advantages has been taken away, hardly Whincup "blasting" his bosses....

reminds me of any story about collingwood in the afl. totally taken out of context and a massive media beat up
Old 4 Mar 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2409224)   #25
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could have two identical cars but different driving styles. It might suit one driver but not the other. Who's to say that Courtney likes Whincup's setup. I dare say the setups will be different.