Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Apr 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3233443)   #51
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a MW supporter, it's hard for me to say this, but... I do hope MW finishes every race outside the points from here on. Not a single point for MW.

Sad fact is, I think MW has not realised that he has been used at RBR since 2009. RBR have not helped him, or backed him 100% since 2009! All they have done is used his experience and set up data to help SV win three WDC and RBR three WCC. Hit 'em where it'll hurt most and don't help RBR win another WCC this year.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3233475)   #52
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congrats to Lewis and Mercedes on an excellent pole. Everything's up in the air for the race. Here's hoping Ricciardo can convert his grid position into some fairly decent points by the race's end.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3233506)   #53
Steelepunk
Rookie

Australia
Calgary, Canada
Steelepunk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
As a MW supporter, it's hard for me to say this, but... I do hope MW finishes every race outside the points from here on. Not a single point for MW.

Sad fact is, I think MW has not realised that he has been used at RBR since 2009. RBR have not helped him, or backed him 100% since 2009! All they have done is used his experience and set up data to help SV win three WDC and RBR three WCC. Hit 'em where it'll hurt most and don't help RBR win another WCC this year.
If he can take out Vettel in the process a few times than I'm fine with that. Looking forward to supporting a new team next year anyway.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:49 (Ref:3233518)   #54
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Oh come on. It was convenient for sure, but surely nothing more.

And chunder, I agree entirely. Absolutely farcical and it makes F1 look ludicrous.
Yes it does...
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3233540)   #55
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Congrats to Lewis and Mercedes on an excellent pole. Everything's up in the air for the race. Here's hoping Ricciardo can convert his grid position into some fairly decent points by the race's end.
The only thing predictable about racing is its unpredictability.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3233566)   #56
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

It was good to see Jenson congratulating Lewis at the end of qualy.....and also to hear his remark at the end of qualy 2 when told his position and then the rest of the top 10...."Ricciardo...Wow!"
Old 13 Apr 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3233572)   #57
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
With the soft tyres being made out of chewing gum, it was obvious that Q3 would be like that. In fact, I was expecting more people to not run at all in Q3.

Vettel and Button should be 1st and 2nd by lap 8 - but they will still have to run the rubbish tyres later in the race. It's going to be interesting for sure, but Pirelli surely picked the wrong tyres - makes F1 look like a farce.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3233677)   #58
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone truly think RBR did that to Webber on purpose as punishment for... what exactly? Skeptic much? Of course they didn't, they already said Vettel was the one in the wrong, why would they now punish Mark? What's the point of running 2 cars if you intentionally put one at the back for no reason? That's just silly.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3233678)   #59
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
I think that might be stretching the limits there. Has Mark or anyone ever actually suggested that? The team orders at the last race were in Mark's favour, were they not? If that were the case with anyone, it would be poor old Massa.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3233684)   #60
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Does anyone truly think RBR did that to Webber on purpose as punishment for... what exactly? Skeptic much? Of course they didn't, they already said Vettel was the one in the wrong, why would they now punish Mark? What's the point of running 2 cars if you intentionally put one at the back for no reason? That's just silly.
From what I've read the theory held by some is not that Webber was being punished, but that considering the tension between them at the moment and their tendency to be within one or two grid places of each other, the fuel issue was a convenient way of 'accidentally' separating him from Mr Vettel.

Still doesn't make it particularly sensible thing for a team to do, of course.

I'm sort of guiltily hoping for something spectacular and hilariously revenge-based to go on in the race, but my sensible side hopes that Mr Webber will remain the complete professional (even if that means having to give way) and in doing so, further highlight Mr Vettel's bad attitude. Moral high ground, etc.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 00:33 (Ref:3233688)   #61
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To paraphrase Sir Bernard Ingham: many forum posters have fallen for conspiracy theories. I do assure you that they would produce more accurate work if they adhered to cock-up theories.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 04:15 (Ref:3233725)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber to start from the pit lane after gearbox and other changes. Sound familiar?
Old 14 Apr 2013, 06:44 (Ref:3233751)   #63
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you start on mediums and leave it to the very last lap to change to softs and change in the pit lane before the flag can this be done?
Old 14 Apr 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3233753)   #64
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With set up changes to his car will Webber be at the sharp end by lap 30 or will he get caught up in the drivers who started on softs early in the race?
Old 14 Apr 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3233757)   #65
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Looks like a good crowd at the race with pretty full stands.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 07:13 (Ref:3233765)   #66
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When I saw the DRS zones I thought the race was stuffed and sure enough, just ridiculous.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 07:14 (Ref:3233766)   #67
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Mecedes waiited too long for the first stops.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3233770)   #68
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Webber trying to get revenge with his wheel?
Old 14 Apr 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3233773)   #69
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some pit stop training coming up, as the commentators said, heaps of time to change wheels,
Old 14 Apr 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3233774)   #70
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber must have been desperate to avoid a fight on track with Vettel... that was a desperate move at best...
Old 14 Apr 2013, 08:01 (Ref:3233782)   #71
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
To paraphrase Sir Bernard Ingham: many forum posters have fallen for conspiracy theories. I do assure you that they would produce more accurate work if they adhered to cock-up theories.
Very well said, sir.

And there's no rule that says cock ups must be handed out equally.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3233784)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel must have been in fits of hysterics. Every time he got near Webber either he crashed into a Toro Rosso or his wheel fell off!
Old 14 Apr 2013, 08:13 (Ref:3233786)   #73
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Many cars being investigated for DRS in yellow flag zones. Technical problem?
Old 14 Apr 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3233787)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Always seem to have DRS issues at China. Alonso had use of it in a non-DRS area a season or two ago.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3233788)   #75
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Easy for Alonso this.

Not long until the retarded pitstops for the qualifying tyres. Must be a nice feeling for Vettel and Button.