Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2015, 16:01 (Ref:3501965)   #301
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The decision should not be in other teams hands, at all. All F1 teams look after number 1, and obviously will put their own interests above that the F1 as a whole. What a shambles.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 16:30 (Ref:3501975)   #302
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Force India think Marussia should re-apply to join the grid.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117617
s'fair enough i suppose. although not being funny, but on this point:
Quote:
"So what were the finances? When would they go to a 2015 car?"
not exactly in a position to criticise there are they!
Old 6 Feb 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3501983)   #303
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
s'fair enough i suppose. although not being funny, but on this point:

Quote:
"So what were the finances? When would they go to a 2015 car?"
not exactly in a position to criticise there are they!
Bella, I have a gut feeling that the Strategy Group "volunteered" Force India to be the sacrificial lamb and that they would be good candidates to "take one for the team".

I also believe that the statement concerning Marussia re-applying was more to do with PR spin than reality - they don't really want the public to know what utter bar stewards they are in the Piranha Club. This way they are seen to be showing some consideration for the plight of those less fortunate than themselves.

I can almost see the master puppeteer pulling the strings in the background.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3502012)   #304
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Surprising that VJM and FI are so chipper...

The State Bank of India is trying to seize his prized Goa retreat, host to many of the tycoon’s lavish parties over the years and pledged as collateral against some of Mallya’s loans.
The move is unusually aggressive from India’s banks but they are determined to come down hard on businessmen who fail to service their debts and don’t adjust to a more modest existence.
United Bank of India has gone the furthest, declaring Kingfisher and Mallya a “wilful defaulter”. The tag can be devastating for anyone looking to do business in India because it shuts out access to credit within the financial system.
Mallya has managed to keep the banks at bay for two years so it would be premature to write him off, but with a shrinking and a system that has turned against him, the king’s colourful reign looks to have ended.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...-Times.htmlAnd that's before we even consider Sahara Roy!
Old 6 Feb 2015, 19:10 (Ref:3502027)   #305
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since that article was published in December, there has been court action for contempt of court taken in India by his creditor banks, who are chasing debts arising from loans made to Kingfisher Airlines but which appear to have been underwritten by guarantees by his brewery business as well as personally by him.

At least he is at liberty at present, unlike his sometime business partner Mr Roy.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3502049)   #306
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Until yesterday I quite admired Force India.My sentiments now are nearer contempt.I expect Bob Fernley voted as he was told and it speaks volumes about his owners that they fear Marussia and are so desperate for a share of what would have been Maussia's prize money.

I would hope that the final decision regarding participation in the championship rests with the FIA rather than any other body composed of organisations that may have their own interests as the primary concern.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3502064)   #307
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Until yesterday I quite admired Force India.My sentiments now are nearer contempt.I expect Bob Fernley voted as he was told and it speaks volumes about his owners that they fear Marussia and are so desperate for a share of what would have been Maussia's prize money.

I would hope that the final decision regarding participation in the championship rests with the FIA rather than any other body composed of organisations that may have their own interests as the primary concern.
I think that you are being somewhat unfair to Fernley and Force India; they probably were doing no more than any of the other teams would have done. In fact, it was Red Bull and Toro Rosso that first indicated that they would not agree to Marussia running with a 2014 car, and then the other teams piled in to add their dissent. This seems to be about the only thing that all the teams have been able to agree on recently.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 22:26 (Ref:3502112)   #308
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... if Manor has paid its 2015 entry fee... And the FIA accepted it.. Surely all Manor has to do is show up in Melbourne & race...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Feb 2015, 22:55 (Ref:3502118)   #309
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Let Manor race if the team has the essentials required to race. The governing body should see that that happens. End of story.

The teams who are only interested in packing their vaults with as much cash as they can - are blind to the interest of the sport as awhole. That's inevitable given the fast paced, cash intensive nature of the sport but it also means such types are unsuited to exert as much influence as they do.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3502125)   #310
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Manor Hits Back

Work continues on a 2015 chassis...
Old 6 Feb 2015, 23:48 (Ref:3502138)   #311
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Let Manor race if the team has the essentials required to race. The governing body should see that that happens. End of story.
yeah, exactly. that's what it boils down to. simples. why should they provide evidence they're loaded enough to compete? if they're not and they bail out then the remaining prize money goes back in the pot.

if the other teams aren't man enough to compete with a team that'll be operating its 2014 car as an interim solution, well...
Old 7 Feb 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3502165)   #312
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
yeah, exactly. that's what it boils down to. simples. why should they provide evidence they're loaded enough to compete? if they're not and they bail out then the remaining prize money goes back in the pot.

if the other teams aren't man enough to compete with a team that'll be operating its 2014 car as an interim solution, well...
Shall I finish the sentence for you, can the auto sensor handle a 9.0
On the richter scale ...
Old 7 Feb 2015, 03:48 (Ref:3502217)   #313
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Can Force India survive the same probity/insolvency test? Or Lotus? Or Sauber?

Opening Pandora's box around finances will hurt more than it will help
Old 7 Feb 2015, 06:04 (Ref:3502245)   #314
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If this is the Piranha Club, it's time to call an effective Marsupilami. Piranhas are Marsu's favorite food.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 10:10 (Ref:3502308)   #315
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Marussia/Manor To Return By China...

...with a 2015 chassis apparently
Old 7 Feb 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3502323)   #316
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to make a prediction, Marrussia to go bust by the end of the year again.

If they use the 2014 car they'll be 3 seconds slower (I think somewhere around there???) and if they build a 15' chassis they'll still be so far behind everyone else, even Force India. Basically Marussia look like the new HRT to me, and that's a real shame.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3502522)   #317
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look: Currently my weight is about 210 lbs and 11 years ago, after a regrettable action, I was expulsed from an amateur kart championship for reasons that better not to comment. In spite to clean my honour, I think to enter now in another amateur kart championship, despite my personal economic crissis, to a single date, no matter if I'll be last in it. Is a question of honour. Do you understand?
Old 7 Feb 2015, 22:16 (Ref:3502532)   #318
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Look: Currently my weight is about 210 lbs and 11 years ago, after a regrettable action, I was expulsed from an amateur kart championship for reasons that better not to comment. In spite to clean my honour, I think to enter now in another amateur kart championship, despite my personal economic crissis, to a single date, no matter if I'll be last in it. Is a question of honour. Do you understand?
no
Old 7 Feb 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3502535)   #319
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's a strange analogy, if that's what it's supposed to be?

Anyway, haven't Marussia auctioned off most of what was Marussia, except the last year's car?
Old 7 Feb 2015, 22:38 (Ref:3502543)   #320
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Anyway, haven't Marussia auctioned off most of what was Marussia, except the last year's car?
I believe that what they auctioned was mainly "fan" type stuff such as caps, clothes, etc., whilst the limited engineering and testing equipment that they owned was due to be auctioned online with the closing date of the 21st January. I also believe that the administrators also still have control of the team's fleet of trailers although I think that the tractor units might have been repossessed. Did they also have a simulator - I am not sure?
Old 7 Feb 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3502554)   #321
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i saw one of the trailers in autosport classifieds being advertised for sale by the manufacturers, so perhaps they (or at least some of them) were on loan.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 00:34 (Ref:3502580)   #322
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Marussia competing in F1 is different to you competing in your championship. I wish you the best of luck if you decide to enter your championship, but that's your money you're spending, whereas Marussia are spending someone else's (and it's a hell of a lot of money), and once that runs out people probably aren't going to be jumping at the chance to buy into that team, especially if they're constantly finishing last.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3502795)   #323
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Unfortunately i think no matter what some people are putting out the team are very unlikely to rise from the ashes the lack of assets and funds are very serious and why would sponsors support the team with huge sums when most of the other teams would welcome them with open arms and provide a much better and more certain way to get that advertising where they want it.
Old 9 Feb 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3503219)   #324
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
One thing the FI's, Lotus and Sauber's of the gird are forgetting is that what Marussia and Caterham did was to make them look good, but not being at the back of the grid!

Without them, the lower midfield runners will be scrambling around to avoid being the 1st ones knocked out of qualifying and trying to get themselves off the back row...

For us fans it will potentially make qualifying more interesting as we will have both the fight for pole and fight not to be last to play out.
Old 9 Feb 2015, 10:00 (Ref:3503228)   #325
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
With only 18 cars will it be 3 or 2 qualifying sessions i wonder