Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Sep 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3671598)   #1226
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caddy is cheating? Nope. Just play by their own rules. I think more manufacturers should do what they are doing. What really needs to be done is GT3 Pro just for one off factory GT3 cars and then GT3 Am for ones they sell to anyone. That would provide a much better on track product. IMSA does it, they just call it GTLM and GTD. For PWC all they need to do is pull some ballast and open up the restrictors a bit and you have a GT3 Pro class, that as fast as GTLM.

Just like GTS. Having kit cars adds to the diversity. Plus having cars that are not even legal for driving in the US is good too. That's why someone needs to get a Factory 5 Cobra Coupe for GT4 Homologation or maybe a Holden V8 Supercar. One is a kit car and the other is not legal to drive in the US. No different than a KTM or a Ginetta.

Brandon Davis Mustangs? Where did that come from? We might as well start talking about the Tri-Point Mazdas and the current TC class. Even though GT and TC share the same nomenclature, they are not even close to being the same classes as they were just a few years ago.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3671613)   #1227
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Jorge De La Torre is back in the car for the first time today testing the Aston at MSR Houston. Awesome to see that.

That's fantastic to hear after what he went through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Awesome. Any news on Palmers progress?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They say no news is good news but...

Haven't heard anything from the family recently and there words are the only ones worth listening to about his condition. I hope he's on the mend.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3672395)   #1228
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't PWC going to release the 2017 schedule this weekend?
Old 14 Sep 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3672400)   #1229
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
Isn't PWC going to release the 2017 schedule this weekend?
That's what they were shooting for
Old 14 Sep 2016, 21:32 (Ref:3672409)   #1230
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's actually better to not sell a GT3 car to customers. That way, you can develop what you want while everyone else can't. Who's going to know if Caddilac hasn't changed something mid season. If you are racing a Porsche and one team shows up with some different parts as opposed to the others or even dare to develop the car, you can imagine the problem that can create. So, having 100% control on everything from information to the car design is the best option.

Plus you can pretty much dictate the BoP because it's hard to tell if the the driver is not on his A game or the tried and true formula for BoP manipulation. That's the typical, come out of the box really fast and get in a few good finishes. Then get BoP'd and run mid to back of the pack for the middle of the season and shut up the rest of the whiners in the paddock. Get BoP'd back up front and get more good finishes. By the time everyone starts whining again, the season is over. It's better to do well for 2/3 of the season as opposed to 1/3 as the rest get. Then next season starts and we all forgot what happened 5 months ago.

Cadillac is doing it correct and I hope Acura is watching as that's what they need to do too. Selling GT3 cars to customers is not the best option. It's better to keep it all to yourself. I know that's not the spirit of GT3 but it really doesn't matter. As for Lexus, who knows as the most action the car has seen is on the Lexus TV ad.
The RC F GT3 has run in the GT300 class in Super GT for the entire year and two are running SPX class VLN races with good performance (from the Farnbacher car). Hope they run in PWC next year sometime.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 04:15 (Ref:3672725)   #1231
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GMG has apparently received the first of the GT4 homologated Porsches in the US.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKW5Pj5B...n-by=gmgracing
Old 16 Sep 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3672820)   #1232
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
worst kept secret in the paddock - realtime w/ 2 NSX GT3s and MSR w/ 2 in IMSA http://nasportscar.com/gt3-acura-ann...lans-for-2017/
Old 16 Sep 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3672822)   #1233
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
worst kept secret in the paddock - realtime w/ 2 NSX GT3s and MSR w/ 2 in IMSA http://nasportscar.com/gt3-acura-ann...lans-for-2017/
Great news, it's a fantastic looking car.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3672921)   #1234
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Nice to see that it's finally official. They will be a great addition to the PWC grid next season.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 00:18 (Ref:3672922)   #1235
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/gt/world-cha...des-at-sonoma/

Hopefully Montecalvo will be able to put together something better for 2017.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 00:57 (Ref:3672927)   #1236
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
http://sportscar365.com/gt/world-cha...des-at-sonoma/

Hopefully Montecalvo will be able to put together something better for 2017.
I was confused by the team sounding like they aren't getting a new chassis and looking to see what they can learn from the bent one. And if they sent something to AMG to have them look at the chassis, how is it still racing?

Sounds like Montecalvo is in touch with AMG directly as well (S365 article):

“When we didn’t receive the chassis before Mid-Ohio, I pulled out of the race because the car had not gone through a proper inspection by Mercedes prior to the race,” he said.

“Because Mercedes never received any photos or update on the chassis from Dime Racing, Mercedes was not able to give me approval to continue with the chassis, so I thought it was best not to race.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 05:27 (Ref:3672955)   #1237
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Hasn't this been a running story this year about the team trying to get a new car? Certainly dejavu to me.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 23:25 (Ref:3673267)   #1238
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Hasn't this been a running story this year about the team trying to get a new car? Certainly dejavu to me.
Yep, DIME kept saying they would have the new car at whatever the next round was. Weird situation for sure.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 00:09 (Ref:3673302)   #1239
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Acura, Bentley and Cadillac are giving factory support to their respective PWC teams.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 13:36 (Ref:3673673)   #1240
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Acura, Bentley and Cadillac are giving factory support to their respective PWC teams.
Not that much from Bentley, hence the team change
Old 18 Sep 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3673761)   #1241
jjvincent
Racer

Any word on the 2017 schedule?
Old 19 Sep 2016, 00:11 (Ref:3673864)   #1242
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Any word on the 2017 schedule?
Nope. Looks like we gotta wait until Laguna Seca in a few weeks
Old 22 Sep 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3674260)   #1243
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Dug into some numbers for the Long vs Parente title fight http://nasportscar.com/patrick-long-...ship-shootout/
Old 22 Sep 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3674262)   #1244
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for sharing!

Being a McLaren fan I'm Team Álvaro!

Bet most on here are Team Patrick right?!

Old 22 Sep 2016, 15:27 (Ref:3674276)   #1245
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Thanks for sharing!

I just want to see a great race between the two, don't really care who wins.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3674302)   #1246
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:

There may be more of an even split; most of the ALMS fans who are Long supporters are probably also Flying Lizard supporters.

Also Team Alvaro, by the way. Go K-Pax!
Old 22 Sep 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3674318)   #1247
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post

.....Also Team Alvaro, by the way. Go K-Pax!
Nobody would ever have guessed that.

Quote:
I just want to see a great race between the two, don't really care who wins.
My preference is the Lizard K-Pax team. But it would be cool to see Pat Long or either of the Cadillacs come back to win it also.
It's shaping up to be an EPIC battle!
Old 22 Sep 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3674322)   #1248
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
There may be more of an even split; most of the ALMS fans who are Long supporters are probably also Flying Lizard supporters.

Also Team Alvaro, by the way. Go K-Pax!

Thought that was a crop of a Porsche in your profile pic... Haha

Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3674333)   #1249
jjvincent
Racer

I'm just looking forward to the schedule that'll be announced at Laguna. Plus, how PWC will work out this whole points thing with Sprint X and non-Sprint X.

By my count, a Sprint X event for PWC will have 60 drivers standing on the podium for that event (66 if GTCup is a separate class). Count in the TC guys, there's 78 drivers standing on the podium for the whole Sprint X event. That seems like they need to plan out the podium ceremonies. Whoever gets the trophy contract for the year, will be retired by the end of 2017.

Just to top it off, there could be 14 PWC champions for 2017. That could be 20 if you count both drivers as champion for the Sprint X.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:30 (Ref:3674424)   #1250
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Nobody would ever have guessed that.
Quote:
Thought that was a crop of a Porsche in your profile pic... Haha
I suppose that would make it somewhat evident!

Actually love the Porsches too, and if EFFORT Racing were still fielding Pat's car, I might have a bit more trouble choosing.

Either way, it's going to be interesting!