Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 May 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3637903)   #26
rbm
Racer

rbm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Mrs and Miss Delta coming to Monaco . I need to buy them tickets to get into the paddock . When I look on the site it just says about grandstand tickets for sale . Any idea's please . Not sure what my allocation of passes will be so I want to get passes and tickets sorted for them before I head off.
seems to say you get two mechanics per car - so we are short as well.
Old 4 May 2016, 17:08 (Ref:3638501)   #27
sublimao
Rookie

Italy
Alassio Italian Riviera
sublimao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One week to go

At present the weather is very hot as well as the entries of the top races.
Very interesting is Paolo Barilla with his newly restored Ferrari 312B winning with Clay Regazzoni at Monza 1970, the restoration was done with the help of Mauro Forghieri, sadly is missing the Brabham Alfa...Usually the paddocks are open to all on Thursday. Hopefully the race with the old F3s will be reintroduced in 2 years time.
Old 5 May 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3638766)   #28
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, I have checked and grandstand tickets get you into the paddock area.

For the pit lane you will need the mechanic tickets
Old 5 May 2016, 13:02 (Ref:3638781)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Nuthall View Post
Iain, I have checked and grandstand tickets get you into the paddock area.

For the pit lane you will need the mechanic tickets
Thanks Will, I got your plugs in the truck. Will get you a beer in Stars and Bars.
Old 6 May 2016, 09:25 (Ref:3639098)   #30
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On Sunday races C, D and G will have rolling starts (due to the number of cars on the grid this is considered safer). No overtaking before the line but in fact the pole position person can start accelerating as soon as he (or she) passes the pit entrance, and the SC goes into the pits (i.e. before Noghes), so the cars should be spread out when they reach the start line.

The Juniors (i.e. D) will have a standing start for their heats on Saturday and a rolling start on Sunday (however I understand they will all start the race on Sunday, i.e. they dont have to qualify by finishing positions in their heats).

Also the entry to the second chicane (i.e. swimming pool exit chicane) will be faster than before (by this I mean the right hand turn in will be wider - the exit will be the same). There won't be those horrid speed bumps across the inside if you have to cut the chicane - but of course you will have to give back any place you make, and probably your time will not be counted on that lap if you try to take advantage.

Marcus
Old 7 May 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3639378)   #31
rbm
Racer

Gents,

what are the pits like at Monaco, I read an article a while back which mentioned stuff going missing?
Old 7 May 2016, 22:11 (Ref:3639941)   #32
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be delighted if the grandstand tickets get you in to the paddock this year. At the last event two ago, they got you in on Friday, but not Saturday or Sunday.
It seems the "rules" change as deemed fit at he time!
Old 8 May 2016, 05:20 (Ref:3639987)   #33
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Never had anything stolen from Monaco Richard . It's more like loosing stuff as we will be cramed in next to each other . You must be getting excited . I'm of this afternoon. We are going to Le Luc to test on Tuesday . I'm looking forward to that as much as Monaco. Never been there and heard about all the F1 teams in the past stopping of for shake down runs
Old 8 May 2016, 14:05 (Ref:3640118)   #34
rbm
Racer

Yep fairly excited, looking back to buying the Junior in the dark days after the 500 accident - I don't think I would have ever imagined that I would be going racing at Monaco.

good luck for the testing

Richard
Old 10 May 2016, 07:50 (Ref:3640571)   #35
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like there'll be extensive live coverage of Monaco again on Motors TV.
Old 10 May 2016, 07:58 (Ref:3640572)   #36
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Looks like there'll be extensive live coverage of Monaco again on Motors TV.
Thanks Alan, I hadn't noticed that. I seem to remember it was surprisingly good quality last year - and had Marcus Pye commentating I think. Hope it's the same this year.
Old 10 May 2016, 08:02 (Ref:3640573)   #37
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed this Delta-related article yesterday:

http://www.thegentlemanracer.com/201...at-monaco.html

A beaming Iain is described as a 'guru'.

Above link seems temperamental so try this one if it doesn't work:

http://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/new...-this-weekend/

Last edited by gary396; 10 May 2016 at 08:05. Reason: Pros with link
Old 10 May 2016, 08:03 (Ref:3640574)   #38
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Unfortunately the commentary team were working from a bedroom in Northampton last time (really!) and were subject to a 10s delay in receiving the video, resulting in the commentary not keeping up with what we were watching on screen.
Old 11 May 2016, 16:15 (Ref:3640919)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
So far so good stressed with scrutineering from hell but all delta cars passed . Pizza and beer here we come
Old 11 May 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3640921)   #40
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
So as you drove down into Monaco did you feel like a polished Lord Brett Sinclair or a rather brash Danny Wilde?

#ThePersuaders
Old 11 May 2016, 20:21 (Ref:3640972)   #41
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hmmmmm . I was excited Gaza . It's a special place . Bed time now listening to the sea . Then up early cup of tea and a few laps on the push bike .
Old 12 May 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3641171)   #42
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So far so good stressed with scrutineering from hell but all delta cars passed . Pizza and beer here we come
The scrutineering is all part of the "show" isn't it?

I seem to recall madmen trying to make people get ready to cross to the pits about 2 hours before it was necessary. Lots of arm waving and gallic threats.

I've just seen the pics and testing video of the Eiffelland March 721 that should be there. Crazy looking thing and looks fabulously prepared by Liaz at Zul.
Old 13 May 2016, 10:26 (Ref:3641316)   #43
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ye Gods, I'm so envious of the 1950s sports car grid (series C). Truly incredible:-

http://acm.mc/en/grand-prix-de-monac.../engages-2016/
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 13 May 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3641424)   #44
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Results are slowly appearing here... https://acm.mc/en/grand-prix-de-mona...esultats-2016/

Live timing will apparently happen here... https://acm.mc/en/grand-prix-de-mona...e/live-timing/

RBM had a good run in the Juniors and Iain seems quite happy - he said nobody passed him in his session. Just waiting for the times to appear.

...also good to see Anthony Olissoff, who fulfilled a dream by touring Europe last year with his quirky Elfin Junior, in P3 in his first session. The Elfin is FWD, using a Beetle gearbox.
Old 13 May 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3641465)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Not sure how to explain this but really cheesed off . The Assegai is a great little car but I am so uncomfortable in the car . I want to cut out two chassis tubes under my seat . They are doing absolutely nothing but the owner is adamant that I can't . I have never been so cross and fed up . Very nearly at the point of telling him to stick it . Also anyone got any ideas on how to gat a bmc valve Spring out here by dinner time tomorrow.
Old 13 May 2016, 22:03 (Ref:3641469)   #46
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Also anyone got any ideas on how to gat a bmc valve Spring out here by dinner time tomorrow.
I'll email a good picture of one for you
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 May 2016, 07:13 (Ref:3641532)   #47
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
As well as Motors TV there is one internet feed available:

http://www.monacochannel.mc/Le-Direct

Currently commentating in various langauges (had Italian & German in last few minutes) but swapping with English (Ian Titchmarsh) every now and then.
Old 14 May 2016, 07:44 (Ref:3641535)   #48
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love the 70s F1 grid
Old 14 May 2016, 07:57 (Ref:3641536)   #49
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I'm on 1 pm flight to Nice on way to Antibes from Gatwick
Old 14 May 2016, 08:59 (Ref:3641545)   #50
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I'm on 1 pm flight to Nice on way to Antibes from Gatwick
with valve spring in pocket I trust!