Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 May 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3641588)   #51
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
with valve spring in pocket I trust!
Probably not in good time unless they have a very long and late lunch.

I thought these things were delivered by private jet these days - McLaren style.
Old 14 May 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3641608)   #52
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain's asked me to pass on his news. He eventually qualified 13th overall in the 61-65 F1 grid - 3rd in class, so he's pretty chuffed. He got straight out of the car and fixed Sir John Chisholm's head gasket, which had caused his retirement from the Junior heat.

Not all F1 drivers are prima donnas, it would seem...
Old 14 May 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3641623)   #53
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Iain's asked me to pass on his news. He eventually qualified 13th overall in the 61-65 F1 grid - 3rd in class, so he's pretty chuffed. He got straight out of the car and fixed Sir John Chisholm's head gasket, which had caused his retirement from the Junior heat.

Not all F1 drivers are prima donnas, it would seem...
Good result especially if uncomfortable.

How did this car not qualify and race widely back in the day? Obviously a practical genius was absent.

Will Sir John be able to take part tomorrow? Is he a "reserve" awaiting the inevitable first corner car-nage?

Looking at the qualifying results - when was the last time anyone saw a Stanguellini at the forefront? On the odd number heat, beating a Lola and the very quick Terrier?

Yet long time Stanguellini chauffeur Jan B was down the field.

How does that come about?
Old 14 May 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3641625)   #54
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grant, Chris Drake was well ahead in the Terrier but had to serve a drive through for a jumped start. Still a good result by the Stanguellini though, as you say
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 14 May 2016, 21:48 (Ref:3641652)   #55
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Grant, Chris Drake was well ahead in the Terrier but had to serve a drive through for a jumped start. Still a good result by the Stanguellini though, as you say
Ah ha!

Thanks John.

I assumed that something odd must have happened based on fastest lap, etc.

Not an easy penalty from which to recover in a short race.
Old 14 May 2016, 22:45 (Ref:3641659)   #56
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe Colasacco, who is a very good driver, has won the Monaco Junior race in the past with that Stanguellini - it seems to fly out of corners in a much more sprightly manner than most Fiat-powered cars. Iain says that Sir John will be able to race. The Junior race starts at 08:00 UK time, with the 61-65 F1 race at 10:10
Old 14 May 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3641663)   #57
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Joe Colasacco, who is a very good driver, has won the Monaco Junior race in the past with that Stanguellini - it seems to fly out of corners in a much more sprightly manner than most Fiat-powered cars. Iain says that Sir John will be able to race. The Junior race starts at 08:00 UK time, with the 61-65 F1 race at 10:10
Hmm. Just found the PDF for the grid.

42 cars. "Busy" probably does not describe how it will be.

RBM seems to be having a solid and consistent run.
Old 15 May 2016, 04:29 (Ref:3641676)   #58
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Morning all . The F J race will be a rolling start. I'm well chuffed with our result . Fingers crossed for the race
Old 15 May 2016, 09:12 (Ref:3641698)   #59
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Darned grid camera seemed to skip Iain as they went down the lines. How could they do that with such a distinctive car to broadcast?
Old 15 May 2016, 10:11 (Ref:3641704)   #60
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Darned grid camera seemed to skip Iain as they went down the lines. How could they do that with such a distinctive car to broadcast?
I think that the grid was being cleared to the right at that point, if that makes any sense. Still, at least he got some good airtime during the race whilst chasing Stirling Moss-Hibberd and imho, a great result.
Not a bad morning for springs and assegais. Well done to all concerned.
Old 15 May 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3641716)   #61
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Iain, 12th place good result, & running 10th early on.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 15 May 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3641768)   #62
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
As well as Motors TV there is one internet feed available:

http://www.monacochannel.mc/Le-Direct

Currently commentating in various langauges (had Italian & German in last few minutes) but swapping with English (Ian Titchmarsh) every now and then.
This has been great - until this afternoon. Seems they have 2 commentary streams - the international one and entirely French version and it seems to flip[ to the French one all the time no matter which "Language" one sets for the page.

I managed to get non-French for about 5 mins but Titchmarsh was missing throughout that period. He's not covering the Spanish GP is he?

Moreover the attempts at providing results on the even web page are both slow and, form the last lot I looked at, not very informative since Iain's race.

Smart site and looks nice but some information included too would be rather nice for we who follow from afar.

Or is this just a Firefox problem of some sort? The Live Timing does not work at all on my notebook (shows the page OK but no content) but works fine on my phone using its Chrome browser.

I guess a few people in the back room had a "good lunch".
Old 15 May 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3641770)   #63
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks for all your support . I'm a bit disappointed as I was just lining up The 18 for a lung down into the chicane out of the tunnel . Blooming chequered flag came out early . The owner has had a new engine built so hope to get an invite to Goodwood . All the Delta juniors finnished so we all happy
Old 15 May 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3641772)   #64
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Or is this just a Firefox problem of some sort? The Live Timing does not work at all on my notebook (shows the page OK but no content) but works fine on my phone using its Chrome browser.
On IE11 (Windows 10) you need to allow non-secure content to be able to load the live timing. Obviously, like the DVLA's site, the site builder felt that security wasn't a major problem (to access some of the online facilities on the DVLA site, you have to reduce the security level to complete applications)!
Old 15 May 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3641773)   #65
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Many thanks for all your support . I'm a bit disappointed as I was just lining up The 18 for a lung down into the chicane out of the tunnel . Blooming chequered flag came out early . The owner has had a new engine built so hope to get an invite to Goodwood . All the Delta juniors finnished so we all happy
Well done Iain.

Good job nothing failed out on the circuit.

They just dropped a McLaren off a crane from about 10 ft up. Not a great reason for throwing a red flag.
Old 15 May 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3641774)   #66
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And a well done too to Iain from me, also.
Old 15 May 2016, 16:39 (Ref:3641825)   #67
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Live timing worked fine for me on Firefox.

Result are VERY slow sill waiting for serie D Formula Junior Results, the race finished 9 hours ago.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 15 May 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3641880)   #68
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I had assumed you only let Hibberd Junior by in the first place so he didn't learn from your lines.

Old 15 May 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3641881)   #69
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
Live timing worked fine for me on Firefox.

Result are VERY slow sill waiting for serie D Formula Junior Results, the race finished 9 hours ago.

How very strange.

The whole thing became very unstable for me by mid afternoon. Have you installed the latest Adobe Flash update? I did a couple of days ago. That might have been a mistake (it usually is but you FF complains if you are too far behind) but it seemed OK to start with.

Odd that I discovered that I could load the French version when the "Universal" one failed.

Something left hanging around in Cache I suspect.
Old 16 May 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3642120)   #70
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Grant Are you on Fibre broadband I'm & just checked my broadband speed I'm
getting 60Mps download & 20Mps upload.