Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Oct 2016, 09:34 (Ref:3681879)   #1
David Owen
Racer

David Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell Park 2016 Thank You!

The letter reproduced below has been sent to all those who have marshalled at Cadwell Park car meetings in 2016 for whom I have either a full postal or email address, for those for whom I have neither read on...

Thank You for your help at Cadwell Park in 2016
Dear Colleague,

Once again it is time for me to write to thank you for your help and support as a marshal at Cadwell Park during 2016. This year saw our calendar return to a more spaced out series of events ending in mid September which certainly made my life easier.

It is the expertise and efficient team working of yourself, all marshals, race control, assembly, start-line and pit-lane, fire, rescue, recovery, safety car, medical and circuit crews working together that makes me once again proud to be associated with you all. As always without the expertise, patience and flexibility of all our volunteers, often working to duties you hadn’t volunteered for we wouldn’t have had the successful season we have had. Many a Clerk has praised the team for resolving an incident quickly, efficiently and safely. On reflection I do not believe we have significantly run beyond the timetabled finish once this year. So WELL DONE EVERYONE!

The words “thank you” seem much less than is deserved when considering your invaluable assistance as a volunteer official at Cadwell this year. Whether you were with us all season or just for one day, that help has been gratefully appreciated and I hope we made that clear at each and every meeting. Each and every club has asked at the end of every day that their thanks be extended to you all and I happily repeat their thanks once more here on their behalf.

The 2017 season is not really that far away and I shall soon be busy collating dates for the events to be run at Cadwell next year. Don’t forget the MSA sanctioned Training Days on 30th October and 19th February where all are welcome, details can be found on numerous internet websites or by contacting ne.training@marshals.co.uk . Once I know all next year’s dates with reasonable certainty I shall be publishing them in the usual way and I hope that I can count on you marshalling with us again in 2017, and beyond.

In the meantime, thank you once again, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours and I hope to see you at Cadwell Park again in 2017.

Yours sincerely,
David Owen
David Owen – Cadwell ES Team.