Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 10 May 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2459568)   #26
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Well another day of Club100 has passed.

How did you get on Tony? I saw you pounding round the middle of the A Final was it? Nice to see Damon Hill there supporting grass roots motorsport with Josh!

I had a bit of a howler. Bruised my ribs pretty badly (Having trouble breathing!!) hitting the kerb coming onto the short back-straight. One of my contact lenses fell out during the final meaning i couldnt see naff all! Went backwards after that and finished 13th in the B. Hurting and Grumpy, but cant wait for the next one!
Old 11 May 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2460475)   #27
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was an interesting A final. started 12th but of course in the middle of the middle of the 26 car grid it was manic. just involved with a couple of scraps then got a bit of clear air and just managed to get past one guy in the last corner!!

Damon comes occasionally and is just like any father watching his child race. Josh actually pulled a great (grumble) pass on me into turn 2, the right hander before going up the hill. took me by suprise as i don't lift through the left hander and then he was there on my inside.... then the other 2 behind him tried to get past me too so i lost 3 places in that one lap. lol

Whilton is really bumpy on the striaghts , but not as bad as last year. you know what they say in briefings... keep off the curbs!!! lol

see you at Bayford next time out!
Old 18 May 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2464633)   #28
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
dwf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
COVKARTSPORT

I saw the notice about is C100 worth it and I would only know through British Uni KArting Championship a few years ago but the other arrive and drive series I race in is COVKARTSPORT. 45 pounds a round with 7 rounds in the series, counting up to 21 races altogether. Full 3 race winter series too. Just incase anyone can't afford what C100 do give you (which is great for the price!) but this is slightly cheaper but not so good karts.

P.S. Forgot the website: http://www.covkartsport.com
Old 18 May 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2464641)   #29
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a very good alternative isnt it? Although I guess it depends on the circuits own hire karts also to a certain degree. But its certainly affordable. I guess their prices are absed on bulk buying from the circuits operating the Championship. £350 for a seasons cheap as chips, you would spend a lot more travelling to the circuits but if a few people clubbed together for instance that could be very cheap motorsport.
Old 18 May 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2464657)   #30
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, thanks for that, really helpful!
Old 18 May 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2464821)   #31
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All Ive edited the thread title to encompass the wider discussion and also stuck it so anyone considering starting or joining one of these championships has a point of reference. For those people who dont want the hassle of running their own kart or dont have the space these can offer a very viable alternative to get yourselves out there racing.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2499099)   #32
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
If anyone is intrested in the covkartsport championship, either e-mail me at david-whitehouse@hotmail.co.uk or if you live near red lodge, the next round of the championship is there on sunday. starts 9am
Old 19 Oct 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2565009)   #33
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
I was glad to see at least one or two tenths members at the covkartsport round at Rye House. Hope more of you will be interested for our final round at Ancaster on the 22nd November. Please inform the club if you would like to be a guest driver.
Old 26 Dec 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2605263)   #34
Helms
Rookie

Helms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any other arrive and drive championships known of? mainly in southern England...
I think im going to do Club100 next year, just seeing what else is out there.
Old 27 Dec 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2605291)   #35
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Its that or Covkartsport really...
Old 27 Dec 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2605412)   #36
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Yeah there arn't many around that change circuits....for example Sutton Circuit near Hinckley runs one but that is only round one track. If you want to race around the country on different tracks then ghinzani is right. Club100 or covkartsport are the best. Just depends how far your willing to travel I guess.
Old 3 Jan 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2607760)   #37
Helms
Rookie

Helms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
found out about something called Daytona Max.
think i will do a few rounds of that aswell as club100.
Anyone else racing next year?
Old 6 Jan 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2609033)   #38
happyhammer
Rookie

United Kingdom
Poole
happyhammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be interested to know what that is like, especially whether the karts have electric starts.

Managed to put my back out this year when someone booted the throttle on a C100 TKM while I was pushing it and the engine sprang to life rather than flooding! However, I am quite sure that some of my better results were due to spinners waiting for the pusher karts.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2610063)   #39
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right! I'm definitely going to be in this years covkartsport championship! Assuming of course there are still places ^_^. I think it'll be "Heavyweight Novice" on my application form as the only race I've done so far was an arrive and drive GP indoors at Daytona Manchester!

Looking forward to meeting some of you from here. Anybody going to the first round of the winter series?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2611973)   #40
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Right! I'm definitely going to be in this years covkartsport championship! Assuming of course there are still places ^_^. I think it'll be "Heavyweight Novice" on my application form as the only race I've done so far was an arrive and drive GP indoors at Daytona Manchester!

Looking forward to meeting some of you from here. Anybody going to the first round of the winter series?

Yeah plenty of people will be there mate. You doing the charity race on sunday at Priory Park?? If not look for the tall chap with the white mosquito helmet at sutton
Old 11 Jan 2010, 23:48 (Ref:2611980)   #41
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1 View Post
Yeah plenty of people will be there mate. You doing the charity race on sunday at Priory Park?? If not look for the tall chap with the white mosquito helmet at sutton
Unfortunately no, I wont be able to make it down to Priory Park this weekend. I'll keep an eye out for you at Sutton, I'm getting a new kart suit to celebrate so I'll probably look like the Stig
Old 20 Oct 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2777505)   #42
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
COVKARTSPORT will be announcing their 2011 events at the Kartmania show in Coventry on the 30th/31st October. I'll be there on sunday to answer any questions but there will be others there on saturday too.
Old 20 Oct 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2777602)   #43
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Club100 has announced its 2011 dates.

RD 1 SAT/SUN 26TH/27TH FEB BUCKMORE PARK
RD 2 SAT/SUN 26TH/27TH MAR TEESSIDE AUTODROME
RD 3 SAT/SUN 9TH/10TH APRIL WHILTON MILL
RD 4 SAT/SUN 14TH/15TH MAY BAYFORD MEADOWS
RD 5 SAT/SUN 28TH/29TH MAY CLAY PIGEON
RD 6 SAT/SUN 25TH/26TH JUNE LLANDOW
RD 7 SAT/SUN 13TH/14TH AUG ELLOUGH PARK
RD 8 SAT/SUN 17TH/18TH SEPT RYE HOUSE
RD 9 SAT/SUN 15TH/16TH OCT WHILTON MILL
RD 10 SAT/SUN 29TH/30TH OCT BAYFORD MEADOWS
RD 11 SAT/SUN 12TH/13TH NOV BUCKMORE PARK

Booking open some time in November.

One to mention is the 3rd round at Teeside. If any of you northern folk are interested in dipping your toes in the 2-stroke waters, get yourself signed on!

Seeing as i started this thread, i'd best give you all an update:

Did about 6 rounds of the C100 Sprints last year and got well and truly hooked. Doing the full sprint series this year with a few Enduros thrown in at circuits i wanted to get to know. Currently sitting 10th in the Heavyweight Championship, loving every minute of it!
Old 20 Oct 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2777649)   #44
Masher
Rookie

Masher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, i'm based abit more north and just about finished my first season in 4stroke hire-kart championship at Teesside Autodrome, I had looked into Club100 but seems that so many of the circuits are based south, Good to see a Teesside round though.

Is there a provisional calender for COVKARTSPORT?

I'd ideally like to commit to a full season.
Old 20 Oct 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2777656)   #45
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masher View Post
Hi, i'm based abit more north and just about finished my first season in 4stroke hire-kart championship at Teesside Autodrome, I had looked into Club100 but seems that so many of the circuits are based south, Good to see a Teesside round though.

Is there a provisional calender for COVKARTSPORT?

I'd ideally like to commit to a full season.
Think they will reveal all at Kartmania, welcome to the forum btw. Big fans of the arrive n drive here, trying to get the message out to all.
Old 20 Oct 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2777658)   #46
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
EDIT: 2nd Round at Teeside, not 3rd as i had put.

And for some more plugging of Club 100, check out some of the vids: http://www.club100.info/club100tv.htm
(Several rounds get filmed and our resident production guru breathes his magic on them)
Old 20 Oct 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2777659)   #47
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Club100 has announced its 2011 dates.

RD 1 SAT/SUN 26TH/27TH FEB BUCKMORE PARK
RD 2 SAT/SUN 26TH/27TH MAR TEESSIDE AUTODROME
RD 3 SAT/SUN 9TH/10TH APRIL WHILTON MILL
RD 4 SAT/SUN 14TH/15TH MAY BAYFORD MEADOWS
RD 5 SAT/SUN 28TH/29TH MAY CLAY PIGEON
RD 6 SAT/SUN 25TH/26TH JUNE LLANDOW
RD 7 SAT/SUN 13TH/14TH AUG ELLOUGH PARK
RD 8 SAT/SUN 17TH/18TH SEPT RYE HOUSE
RD 9 SAT/SUN 15TH/16TH OCT WHILTON MILL
RD 10 SAT/SUN 29TH/30TH OCT BAYFORD MEADOWS
RD 11 SAT/SUN 12TH/13TH NOV BUCKMORE PARK
Thanks for posting these!

I currently race/practice regularly and am fairly experienced at Buckmore park and lakeside, and am aiming to compete in select rounds of the c100 sprint championship next year, probably the Buckmore, Bayford and Ellough rounds (The tracks I know and are a bit closer to home!)

I also plan to do the pre season test, which was at Buckmore this year, do you know if it will be around the same time next year?

Thanks for the info

BH

ps didnt mean to put the silly exclamation mark at the top of this post
Old 20 Oct 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2777661)   #48
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Hi BH.

Testing dates will be announced in due course, its remarkable that the 2011 calender is out already to be honest.

Would you be looking at lightweights or fatties with me?
Old 20 Oct 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2777662)   #49
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Hi BH.

Testing dates will be announced in due course, its remarkable that the 2011 calender is out already to be honest.

Would you be looking at lightweights or fatties with me?

ok thanks for the info , and the lightweights! Am I correct in thinking there is a minimum weight requirement, which, if you are below the lightweight weight limit (hope that makes sense!), you reach by means of lead ballast?

EDIT: just had a closer look at the website http://www.club100.info/sprint_advice.htm seems like I have a lot of weight to put on over the winter if i need to reach 75kg with ballast! (Yes i dont weigh much! ;-) !!)

Regards
Liam (Brands Hatch or BH )

Last edited by brands hatch; 20 Oct 2010 at 21:23.
Old 21 Oct 2010, 06:36 (Ref:2777779)   #50
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
It might be an idea if you have the chance to pop down to the next round of LW sprints at Buckmore on the 7th Nov. You will be able to see what ways people ballast themselves. LW's are on in the morning, racing usually commences around 10am ish.

There are ballast posts located to drivers left on the karts, but they are only really designed for small denominations of lead (<10kg). The most common method is to use builders roofing lead either wrapped around and attached to a seat insert, or simply a slab of it wedged between the seat and a foam insert (that you can borrow from C100). If you weigh as little as you say you do, im going to assume your quite small, thus the latter method with foam insert will probably suit you best.

If you come to Buckmore, you will see what i mean.

Hope that helps.

Pete