Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 Aug 2000, 23:28 (Ref:28824)   #1
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A few years ago, a Volvo driver misjudged his approach to a set of traffic lights, and tagged the car in front. After waiting a moment for the inevitable irate driver to come out of the other car to remonstrate, our man became concerned by the lack of movement inside.

He got out, and went to his victim's car to investigate. He was horrified to see the other driver, blood pouring down his face. He opened the door, anxious to offer assistance.

"My God, I'm so sorry. I never imagined I hit you so hard. What happened, head hit the windscreen?"

"No", came the muffled reply. "I was picking my doze."

Why recount this tale? Because yesterday on the M6 motorway north of Birmingham, I was damn near taken off the road by a speeding nose-picker. I saw the car, a silver late-model BMW 320i, coming up behind, the driver clearly visible in my mirror, agitating nasal debris.

He jinked to the right to pass me, without indicators, but then what do you expect from a late BMW? But then he got it wrong. He overcorrected, touched the soft shoulder on the central reservation, and weaved back into my lane. Only at this point, as I was braking and dodging, did he finally "remove the digit".

You hear dire warnings about using a mobile phone in the car, don't you? But when was the last time RoSPA demanded action against itinerant nosepickers?

I think we ought to lobby for the police to throw the book at them. Better still, why not organise a special squad to get these people off the road? They could be called the Bogey Men.
Old 6 Aug 2000, 23:44 (Ref:28826)   #2
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Tim, but you have just made me laugh for the first time on a Monday morning!!

Bogey Men? *dies laughing*

ok - to the serious nature of this thread.... no action need be taken, as I think there is more to worry about with this particular group of people, than their driving style...*L*

One day though, I suspect they will have an accident, and probably after re-constructive surgery on their nose, choose to concentrate a little harder on the road...

Old 7 Aug 2000, 03:51 (Ref:28876)   #3
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If God didnt want us to pick our noses while driving he wouldnt have given us two hands.

and automatic transmissions.

and self cancelling turn signals.
Old 7 Aug 2000, 03:55 (Ref:28878)   #4
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It sucks Tim....but that was actually a very funny story. He he he.....But there will always be some stupid drivers that are doing something else when driving. Over here you can usually find some idiot that thinks that he can grab the cell phone with one hand and talk while cornering and shifting with the other....I've almost crashed with those jerks several times.