Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Aug 2000, 06:01 (Ref:27996)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

paul morris broke 3 vertebrae in a v8 supercar championship race at oran park on sunday....morris is now in a wheelchair and has been told that he will be out of action for 4 weeks, it will be interesting to see what happens considering round 4 of the super touring championship is on in 2 weeks.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 07:11 (Ref:28000)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The hot tip is that he is going to enter his wheelchair...he'll still win by a lap...

From what he says, he is going to defy medical orders to go racing....
Old 3 Aug 2000, 12:10 (Ref:28037)   #3
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would anybody be particularly surprised if he did go racing, let alone in the wheelchair? On the other hand, he could use the Bimmer in the V8s - I'm sure he could take on the field in that!!

Is he in any sort of state to talk about what will - seriously - happen in the V8s? Surely the team won't bother to rebuild the VS; are they going to start working on a VT? HRT or not, they're going to need a new car, I'd assume.

Also, giving some light as to how big the shunt was, it made the front news pages of Autosport...
Old 3 Aug 2000, 12:26 (Ref:28045)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Morris has a spare VS which has been ready to roll all season ( i spotted it in the back of their transporter at QR) so even if they dont get the HRT VT, they can still make the field.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 12:36 (Ref:28048)   #5
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ever the eagle eye, aren't we? I'd rather see Morris in a new car, of course; just imagine what Big Kev would look like on a VT!!

Craig, we may have another candidate as to whom 'fatbloke' is!!
Old 3 Aug 2000, 12:41 (Ref:28052)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Nah, i dont think so...

I think Big Kev is more obese than fat. Heck, the team had to build a modified golf cart with fat tyres and stiffened suspension so they could haul his wide arse around the paddock..

Old 3 Aug 2000, 16:51 (Ref:28093)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I dont think he should be racing ..Im no doctor but thats a pretty serious injury so I wouldnt risk it..even if he clips a kerb to hard it could jolt his whole body badly and then hes stuffed to put it mildly.

but ya have to give the guy credit and it would be good to see him there.

do we have a "sid watkins" in V8's ...possibly he wont be cleared to drive anyway ????

as for the wheelchair thing..can we line him up next to Frank Williams..would make a hell of a race