van der Garde 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Sep 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3307400)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race- Singapore Grand Prix

Who is your driver?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3307422)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sebastian Vettel. The on-form driver. How can anyone deny he's one of the best now? Seriously? Are people deluding themselves?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3307426)   #3
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's so good it's bad for the sport.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3307427)   #4
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi's charge earned him my pick.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3307429)   #5
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Sebastian Vettel. The on-form driver. How can anyone deny he's one of the best now? Seriously? Are people deluding themselves?
Who knows until we see him race another top driver in similar cars? Sadly it doesn't look like he or Marko will ever allow that.

Alonso deserves it this weekend, if only for tyre management.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:21 (Ref:3307432)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kimi, right on the tail of Alonso...
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3307437)   #7
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Second Grand Chelem for Seb in an incredible weekend. You just can't beat that....
He drove so well that even Webber made fireworks for him

HM for Kimi, he was fantastic considerinthe back pain and all and almost voted for him. And HM for Alonso too, who recovered again from an average qualifying.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3307442)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST View Post
Who knows until we see him race another top driver in similar cars? Sadly it doesn't look like he or Marko will ever allow that.

Alonso deserves it this weekend, if only for tyre management.
And Alonso? The only times we've seen him race a superquick driver, he was beaten. So it's not a fair argument. I agree to some extent it would help if we could see, though.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3307444)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
How on earth can that be bad for the sport?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3307469)   #10
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Because he can't overtake and it's all down to Adrian Newey.

Seriously, Seb was just in a class of his own today. Phenomenal pace. Able to get a massive leads and he made it look so easy.

I'll give Alonso runner-up. Bad another monster start and had a decent race.

Kimi gets third place as a decent drive from 13th to 3rd - and with an injury to hamper him.

I'll give a special mention to Jenson Button for at least dragging his McLaren into the points again. He was on for a podium - if his tyres had lasted! Outdriving the machinery that he had there.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3307489)   #11
Noodoo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
Noodoo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it to Alonso. I know I should have given it to Vettel, and I know it's petty, but I don't like him. Taking him aside, Alonso's magic start pretty much got him his 2nd place and was the best move completed during the race IMO.
HM to Webber, Rosberg and Hamilton moving their way up the grid at the end too.
HM also to Webber's engine for spicing up two seconds of TV.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3307490)   #12
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My heart says Alonso or Kimi but my eyes say Seb once again. Cool head at the start, grand slam & a 30 second lead, the rest were lucky to not be lapped.

Too bad about Mark, he may have challenged Kimi and good job from Nico once he woke up. He clearly had the goods on Hammy this weekend.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3307563)   #13
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It always really annoys me to see Alonso fans pick him over Vettel when Vettel constantly hammers him by 20 seconds per race. I don't think that's entirely down to Adrian Newey guys...

...as for me, it was either van der Garde or Vettel, and it's pretty damn obvious which one!
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3307564)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi for me. Half way through I was thinking 'I'll actually vote for Vettel this time' but when he just creamed it away from the pack after the safety car as if they were all taking part in the support race - sorry. Yes, he's 'great', we know all about that now but the lack of any kind of challenge to him is making this such a bore. As others have said, this track is a study in tedium anyway. Nigh-on a waste of time even watching the highlights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
It always really annoys me to see Alonso fans pick him over Vettel when Vettel constantly hammers him by 20 seconds per race. I don't think that's entirely down to Adrian Newey guys...
But do you really think Vettel is 20 seconds better than Alonso?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3307568)   #15
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Crap. I wish I could change my vote.

I voted for Vettel because of the borderline ridiculous domination. I don't know that anyone else could have beaten him this weekend had someone tied cinder blocks to the back of his car.

However, after submitting my vote I thought I should instead have voted for Kimi. He put on a terrific drive, especially for an injured driver.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3307569)   #16
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nigh-on a waste of time even watching the highlights...
Shouldn't take long to watch the highlights though, about thirty seconds I should think.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3307606)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post

However, after submitting my vote I thought I should instead have voted for Kimi. He put on a terrific drive, especially for an injured driver.
I voted for him out of sympathy really - I have a very bad back today as well......
Old 22 Sep 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3307616)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I voted for him out of sympathy really - I have a very bad back today as well......
The sympathy vote.

Kimi, 13th to 3rd with a bad back is pretty good going.

Great tyre management from Alonso and Button nearly pulled it off in that dog of a McLaren until his tyres went.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3307622)   #19
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel in excellence.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3307804)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has to be Mr Alonso. While Mr Vettel's win will be spoken of all round the world, the footage of Mr Alonso carrying Mr Webber back to the pits on his sidepod will make many more news bulletins & newspaper articles!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Sep 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3307817)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
Bad for the spectacle. Consideration of a sport does not demand a close battle. As a sport it is just there to find the best in a contest. That it did, Vettel and Red Bull won.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3307820)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could have voted for any of the podium, for different reasons. Dominant win. Great start and constancy. Battle from outside the top ten.

One did it with a bad back and without being finically rewarded , he gets my vote instead.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3307870)   #23
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well this'll be a long rant....

It surprises me that Vettel doesn't get just about 100% of the votes this time. He was in another race to everyone else.

He pulled out a thirty second lead over Rosberg, Alonso, Webber in just 13 laps. And he was on used mediums that had already done several laps before the SC. He was 2-3s per lap faster than everyone in the field, consistently doing between 1m 50.0-1m 50.3 on just about every lap.

It can't be all in the car, because what did Webber do? And Rosberg and Hamilton for that matter, as they were on similar strategy. Webber pitted 21 laps from the end, new mediums that didn't have to go as long as Vettel's stint of 25 laps and a lighter fuel load. Webber came out about 27 seconds behind Alonso and had 21 laps to close the gap, with Alonso on tyres getting worse by the lap. Remember Vettel made up 30s in 11 laps. Instead when Nico passed him I think Webber was still about 20 secs behind Alonso (he would have lost a few secs short shifting though). While Webber was still doing 1m51s, Vettel was out front on cruise mode yet still in the 50s and even put in a 48.5s, showing what he COULD do. Webber and the Mercedes' should have been able to fly through the field. My point is, if Webber couldn't lap within a second of Vettel, at a time when Vettel was told to cruise and Webber was pushing like hell, it's not all the car then, is it?

Also to note, Vettel before the last lap was over 35s ahead of Alonso. The gap was less than 5 secs after he'd pitted on lap 44, so Vettel again pulled out 30secs in 17 laps, even when he was in cruise mode (we assume). This is what Webber should have been able to do in his drive back up the field. Tough to pass? Not when a McLaren is doing 1m57s and you have car that can to 1m48s.

In normal conditions, without the safety car, where the drivers push 100% instead of nursing the tyres, I think Vettel would quite easily have been a minute ahead of everyone at the finish if he wanted to.

So as such, I can't even fathom giving DOTR to anyone other than Vettel.

Alonso made a great start, but the safety car handed him 2nd place when he was the only one in the top bunch to pit. Grosjean was clearly faster than Alonso, as was Rosberg.

Kimi was even luckier. I don't even think he was in the top 10 before the safety car was he? He would have had no result in that race if the safety car didn't gift him a free stop. He took forever to get around Jenson who was lapping slower than a GP2 in the end. The only thing Kimi and Fernando really did was make those tyres last a long time. Props for that, but no DOTR.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3307872)   #24
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll vote for Grosjean, since no one else has. He was doing very well, on for 3rd (team orders aside) if it weren't for his airbox problem. Vettel deserves it though, he was incredible.

Nico Rosberg was very good too, but unfortunately for him the safety car wiped out his 8 second gap to third, Alonso and the Lotii got a better strategy and Nico had debris stuck in his wing. Everything went wrong in a matter of minutes, through no fault of his own. I understand why he was ****ed at Merc near the end there.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3307920)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I'll vote for Grosjean, since no one else has.
Wouldn't you vote for him if someone else did ?