Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Dec 2016, 09:22 (Ref:3696066)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was going to mention the earth car too, but it's not F1 is it!

Being controversial, the very first Silk Cut Jag livery was bad, then they got it spot on I think.

Even though it grows on you the TicTac 962 is a real mess!!

AS was the Oreca Peugeot 908 diesel, the factory ones looked great, but that one was a real mess. Then Pesca made even the factory ones look rubbish!! Always liked his colour schemes.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 09:51 (Ref:3696070)   #27
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
With the recent FAST BMW and the release of the AXR cars today, I was wondering what do you guys think are the worst liveried sportscars of all time. I throw a few in just to get the blood flowing.

IIRC Intersport had a problem with the original car (Chassis 001) and they had to borrow a car from Hugh Chamberlain (Chassis 002) for a couple of rounds while the original car was rebuilt, which is why it has an odd livery, which a hybrid of the Intersport and the Works Team livery.

edit here are some links from the DSC archive from the time :-

http://archive.dailysportscar.com/su...ms/alms168.htm
http://archive.dailysportscar.com/su...ms/alms169.htm
http://archive.dailysportscar.com/su...ms/alms173.htm

Last edited by rdjones; 14 Dec 2016 at 10:04.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 10:19 (Ref:3696080)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I was going to mention the earth car too, but it's not F1 is it!

Being controversial, the very first Silk Cut Jag livery was bad, then they got it spot on I think.

Even though it grows on you the TicTac 962 is a real mess!!

AS was the Oreca Peugeot 908 diesel, the factory ones looked great, but that one was a real mess. Then Pesca made even the factory ones look rubbish!! Always liked his colour schemes.
The XJR-6 was the first Silk Cut one I think. Had loads of white and not in the right proportion. By the XJR-8 they had it sorted.

I really like the ORECA 908.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 12:05 (Ref:3696105)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Awesome on account of intakes being leaping fish.

We need more intakes painted like fish in sports car racing today
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Figures - bayou swamp gator like.
ROFL!
Old 14 Dec 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3696128)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I painted (and adapted) that entire livery to an Audi R10 in rFactor. Hardest most time consuming livery I've ever done in any game.

Generally I find any car that has a naked woman on a bit pathetic and poor. Goes along with my feelings on grid girls really.

The Honda Earth car has to be nominated.

Other than looking horrible, the whole concept of it was ridiculous.
I'm amazed that you were able to replicate that in a game.

Concepts and artsy designs boil down to your opinions of the concepts and the eye of the beholder. While it's not as detailed or elaborate as the Audi, the Honda is "not terrible".
Old 14 Dec 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3696129)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Awesome on account of intakes being leaping fish.

We need more intakes painted like fish in sports car racing today
See, I didn't even see that! Pretty cool.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3696146)   #32
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
You have never seen Argentine liveries.

And those are the top professional drivers.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3696150)   #33
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Look at all those sponsors though.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 15:28 (Ref:3696152)   #34
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'm amazed that you were able to replicate that in a game.

Concepts and artsy designs boil down to your opinions of the concepts and the eye of the beholder. While it's not as detailed or elaborate as the Audi, the Honda is "not terrible".
Yeah, I'm personally a huge fan of the Earth car.

90% of paint schemes to come out of any series since like, 2006 have been terrible. The advent of the full vinyl wrap has ruined scheme design, imo.

Simple is better.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 16:12 (Ref:3696160)   #35
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
You have never seen Argentine liveries.

And those are the top professional drivers.
Dear god.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3696170)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The bodywork doesn't help either
Old 14 Dec 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3696196)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Dear god.
That was my exact thought when I first saw them!
Old 14 Dec 2016, 19:26 (Ref:3696203)   #38
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I personally think the cars themselves are awesome, and the naturally aspirated inline sixes they run sound incredible.

Paint schemes are a bit crap tho.

Look at this though, fully sponsored cars as far as the eye can see. I can't think of any other championship that can really claim that.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3696204)   #39
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Look at all those sponsors though.
I especially like the way that getting maximum sponsor logo coverage takes precedence over those annoying little details like the driver being able to see out of the car...
Old 14 Dec 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3696213)   #40
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
I especially like the way that getting maximum sponsor logo coverage takes precedence over those annoying little details like the driver being able to see out of the car...
Hey man, remember that this is the series that up until ~2007 still had two people in each car.

South American national series are like the Wild West of racing and I love it.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3696218)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Maximizing the sponsors on the cars themselves may be the best way to reduce commercial breaks.

I only recognize one sponsor: Firestone, but I'm not Argentinian. I am sure at least one of those is "red meat" related.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3696237)   #42
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Maximizing the sponsors on the cars themselves may be the best way to reduce commercial breaks.

I only recognize one sponsor: Firestone, but I'm not Argentinian. I am sure at least one of those is "red meat" related.
I'm sure Fox would find a way to squeeze in 20min/hr of commercials.

Edit - Me either but there is also the Biffle edition 3M car a few post up.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 22:13 (Ref:3696241)   #43
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Some of the best sounding racecars in the world too. Two of them have engines based on the Jeep Cherokee 4.0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGwCXse1GQ
Old 14 Dec 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3696243)   #44
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Some of the best sounding racecars in the world too. Two of them have engines based on the Jeep Cherokee 4.0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGwCXse1GQ
And absolutely crazy fans that come out in droves to support their series.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 00:39 (Ref:3696280)   #45
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I just did a search for "worst sportscar livieries of all time" and found a couple. Interestingly, the Pink Pig was mentioned. Funny how the wild ones can be "confusing" but certainly polarizing.

Here's a Chevy powered March 83G, run by privateers Kenper Miller and David Cowart in 1984 IMSA GTP. It is a fun take with a sponsor and as previously mentioned, I like red and white, but ummmmm. Awesome or Hideous?

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/10/24/...msa-march-83g/
That is hideously awesome. It is one of those liveries where you know it's ugly but it's so unique that you're actually kinda glad it exists. Fantastic way to make your car stand out and show off your sponsor.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 01:03 (Ref:3696284)   #46
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Funny how I like many of the liveries mentioned so far. I'm not too picky with liveries I think. After searching recent years, I've come up with the following.

Almost any car with an American flag on it. NASCAR is notoriously bad with this but American sportscar teams are guilty too. We get it, you're American and very patriotic. Like this. Others can be guilty of this too but it's no where near as common.

Then there is the Japanese and their anime liveries. Like this.

Hated Rebellion's liveries in 2010-11 but I have loved every livery since 2012, especially 2013.

I know there are more liveries that I hate but I can't think of anymore right now.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 01:11 (Ref:3696286)   #47
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
God, I hate with all my soul the argentinian TC. It's a core of corruption, manipulation, and applauded bad behaviour, running in very old designs tyres. That's the reason that the only angentinian good drivers, are those who goes to Europe or US while they are very young.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 01:39 (Ref:3696290)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
That is hideously awesome. It is one of those liveries where you know it's ugly but it's so unique that you're actually kinda glad it exists. Fantastic way to make your car stand out and show off your sponsor.
I was taken aback at first glance. Every time I look at it, I like it more and more! And my kids think it's fantastic, like being drawn to "cartoonish" type cars.

Recall the older boy saying the Falken tires "shark" 911 was his favorite at PLM a few years back. "The one with the teeth," he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Funny how I like many of the liveries mentioned so far. I'm not too picky with liveries I think. After searching recent years, I've come up with the following.

Almost any car with an American flag on it. NASCAR is notoriously bad with this but American sportscar teams are guilty too. We get it, you're American and very patriotic. Like this. Others can be guilty of this too but it's no where near as common.

Then there is the Japanese and their anime liveries. Like this.

Hated Rebellion's liveries in 2010-11 but I have loved every livery since 2012, especially 2013.

I know there are more liveries that I hate but I can't think of anymore right now.
Perhaps is due to my high school colors being red and gold, but that Rebellion is fantastic, I don't care what you say!

And the LMP Panoz with the Stars and Stripes is awesome. What you have said has highly offended me!

I draw the line at Anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
God, I hate with all my soul the argentinian TC. It's a core of corruption, manipulation, and applauded bad behaviour, running in very old designs tyres. That's the reason that the only angentinian good drivers, are those who goes to Europe or US while they are very young.
That's a shame to hear, especially since arguably the greatest driver of all time is Argentinian
Old 15 Dec 2016, 02:32 (Ref:3696301)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's a shame to hear, especially since arguably the greatest driver of all time is Argentinian
Ayrton Senna is Argentinian?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Dec 2016, 02:42 (Ref:3696303)   #50
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The crazy thing about argentinian TC, is that those crappy cars are very expensive. You need 500.000 american dollars per year to race. That will give you an idea about what I said about corruption.