Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 7 Nov 2007, 20:56 (Ref:2062435)   #1
Barberouge
Rookie

Western Sahara
Barberouge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
FIA Cost Cutting - Paris

The technical directors and sporting directors held a two day meeting in Paris last week to discuss cost cutting.

Apparently they came up with the following proposals, all to be introduced over the next 3 seasons;

3 year chassis freeze
5 year gearbox freeze
3 year freeze on 'corners' (upright brakes etc.)
Single tyre
No re-rueling
2 day race meetings
wind tunnel use limited to 40hrs per week
Old 7 Nov 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2062455)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Source?

I must have missed that this meeting was about to take place.
Old 7 Nov 2007, 21:40 (Ref:2062459)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
3 year chassis freeze
Hmm ... maybe 2 would be better.

Quote:
5 year gearbox freeze
Maybe three.

Quote:
Sounds alright.

Quote:
Single tyre
Not new.

Quote:
No re-rueling
Hell no! The start of the race will just be watching over-fuelled cars.

Quote:
2 day race meetings
Hmm ... I assume that will be by cutting out supports. Should be good if the Friday is used for testing.

Quote:
40hrs per week? I'd say 150hrs per season or so. Or, at the risk of being tar and feathered, a control aerodynamic package (front + rear wings and a ground effect undertray).

Better still would be customer chassis and cutting some of the non-European races.

Last edited by duke_toaster; 7 Nov 2007 at 21:43.
Old 7 Nov 2007, 21:50 (Ref:2062467)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Between the changes proposed here and in the this thread.... http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101532

Why not go the whole hog and put a freeze on Drivers, paint schemes and team ownership.

Cut costs by all means but don't cut innovation. It's what F1 should be all about !!

Allow new part designs but insist they have to last several races without so much as a teardown. Or introduce an Innovation window half way through the season at which point newly designed parts are allowed...but only 2 per team.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 7 Nov 2007 at 21:54.
Old 7 Nov 2007, 21:59 (Ref:2062474)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
This doesn't appear to be on the FIA's website...I'd be really interested to know where the story has come from.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 7 Nov 2007, 22:04 (Ref:2062477)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
If they're serious about cutting costs they should stop holding meetings in Paris. Modest conferencing facilities are available at my local Travelodge at very competitive rates.
Old 7 Nov 2007, 22:06 (Ref:2062480)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't know, I think a trip to the North East would be a shock to the system.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 7 Nov 2007, 22:11 (Ref:2062486)   #8
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I don't know, I think a trip to the North East would be a shock to the system.
Having stayed at the Travelodge by the Tyne in Newcastle on a Saturday night, I know what you mean.
Old 8 Nov 2007, 00:18 (Ref:2062567)   #9
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Save money on wind tunnels....? Make all aero parts standardised.... no developments necessary for any of the teams...
Old 8 Nov 2007, 00:31 (Ref:2062576)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barberouge
The technical directors and sporting directors held a two day meeting in Paris last week to discuss cost cutting.

Apparently they came up with the following proposals, all to be introduced over the next 3 seasons;

3 year chassis freeze
5 year gearbox freeze
Single tyre
No re-rueling
2 day race meetings
Link please..
Old 8 Nov 2007, 00:44 (Ref:2062588)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Link please..
He probably knows a man who's married to his cousins friend,who knows a friend whose sisters boyfriend knows a man who once said he knew Max Mosely's uncle.

I'm assuming that "No re-rueling" means 'No re-fueling',in which case I hope that there's some substance to these claims.
Old 8 Nov 2007, 00:52 (Ref:2062592)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yawn...

THREAD CLOSED

Lack of evidences...