Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Jul 2008, 07:30 (Ref:2249012)   #26
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83
Setups go here:

C:\Users\your name\Documents\rFactor\userdata\your name\Settings\track name

Rfactor Central is the best site i've come across
is that in vista or have you installed rfactor in your documents folder?!!

rFactor/UserData/Hepatic@[GP]/Settings/Oulton for example, not necessarily in the C:/ drive
Old 14 Jul 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2250812)   #27
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is in Vista, I don't know how installations on other operating systems differ.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2251070)   #28
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83
It is in Vista, I don't know how installations on other operating systems differ.
They Work!
Old 20 Jul 2008, 03:03 (Ref:2254211)   #29
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK, I just downloaded a new carset, and now when I open rFactor, the menu music plays but a blank screen displays. What have I done wrong?
Old 20 Jul 2008, 15:59 (Ref:2254630)   #30
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK, so my last post for some reason didn't update the thread's position on the forum. Any help?
Old 20 Jul 2008, 20:45 (Ref:2254809)   #31
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which carset is this? Also have you got the FIA GT mod in rfactor, this tends to give an error on menu showroom when you put a new carset in. If you alt+tab when no car appears in the menu, it should go back to windows and show a little box with an error message, if you post it here i'll try helping
Old 20 Jul 2008, 22:26 (Ref:2254882)   #32
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
I installed the rF Open Wheel Racing 2007 (IndyCar Series) mod.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2267727)   #33
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just bought rFactor.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2267894)   #34
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have gone off this game now a bit

Most of the people wh tend to play that I have com across are a little too nerdy!!

And often the mods I like noone plays at all!

Most people tend to play F1 mods or Meganes, thats about it!

Champ Car is beautifully done, but again the physics just dont really get it for me, too GTR'y, no slide ruule all the time.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 01:45 (Ref:2268184)   #35
YZ250
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
YZ250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mate I think you need to look around a little and broaden your Server Searches, we have regularly 30 + Drivers at each of our Rounds, we run varying Tin Top mods.

Ohhh and were far from Nerdy, what kinda generalisation is that Mannnnnnnn
Old 13 Aug 2008, 07:34 (Ref:2268285)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually I like the Meganes..........
Old 14 Aug 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2268853)   #37
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Actually i despise the Meganes...!

Chunder, what would you like to run? Was in the Skodas with rockmunky last night, was fun to get back in them again but my favourite is still the F1 Classic (67) cars, them slide until i can't grin no more
Old 14 Aug 2008, 18:53 (Ref:2269199)   #38
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
Actually i despise the Meganes...!

Chunder, what would you like to run? Was in the Skodas with rockmunky last night, was fun to get back in them again but my favourite is still the F1 Classic (67) cars, them slide until i can't grin no more
'67 F1 cars on Rfactor? I haven't seen that mod! Linky please??
Old 15 Aug 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2269594)   #39
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a very bad conversion (ilegal too!) of GPL to rFactor.

For physics like that, we already have the various Toca Fake Drivers gamies for little kiddies
Old 15 Aug 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2269721)   #40
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Excuse me? Which version have you tried, 'cos the 1.5 i have is every bit as good as the GPL one its based on, and looks far better thanks to the changes in IT since then. Yeah, it's kinda illegal sort of, the GPL guys said yes to the conversion and update to rfactor but then comms went a little mental and all of a sudden the OK got pulled. Shame as it has the opportunity to bring the GPL fans to a current day mod.

That said, they are freely available at http://autosimsport.netfirms.com/F1_Classic/catalog/
Old 17 Aug 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2270681)   #41
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Ever tried GPL?

Ever really tried GPL?

Like going negative at Spa with the Cooper, or sub 8m at the Ring?

Then compare it with the "n" versions of that pile of s***.

And it was pull-out because the guy was not giving a c*** about physics and authenticity. That's a no-go in GPL (and, I'm afraid, that doesn't matter to the arcade racers that literally invaded rFactor )
Old 17 Aug 2008, 23:23 (Ref:2270714)   #42
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hehe, and the above post is the reason why I dont play these games anymore!!

Try racing against these guys and you will see what I mean, pointless really! Might as well just play arcade games!!
Old 18 Aug 2008, 13:19 (Ref:2270942)   #43
The Shrew
Rookie

England
Cheshire
The Shrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only got Rfactor last week and so far i think its a great game. The lads on race connect site have been real helpfull. The site seems really well organised run some great races series. Thats coming from someone who is far from a geek.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 03:45 (Ref:2271305)   #44
YZ250
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
YZ250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shrew
I only got Rfactor last week and so far i think its a great game. The lads on race connect site have been real helpfull. The site seems really well organised run some great races series. Thats coming from someone who is far from a geek.
Exactly Shrew, jump on our servers whenever you feel listed under Adrenalin Factor
Old 19 Aug 2008, 07:59 (Ref:2271380)   #45
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira
Ever tried GPL?

Ever really tried GPL?

Like going negative at Spa with the Cooper, or sub 8m at the Ring?

Then compare it with the "n" versions of that pile of s***.

And it was pull-out because the guy was not giving a c*** about physics and authenticity. That's a no-go in GPL (and, I'm afraid, that doesn't matter to the arcade racers that literally invaded rFactor )
Yes i have thanks, in fact i had GPL a very long time before i had any other games on a PC. Why can't the GPL brigade move on tho? In it's time it was a leap ahead of anything we'd seen before but times change and so does technology.

If slimjim had been given the support and he'd not released a version way before it was ready we'd be applauding it now, but no we just get the pro-GPL camp banging on about how good it was and the rest of us just cursing it's not been moved in to a mordern day platform that it's worthy of.

And if you care to actually spend some time looking for mods in rfactor, rather than just picking what's top of the list in the servers ( like the poxy Meganes) then you'll find there is a world of great mods out there. The PCC997 is fantastic, Aussie V8s too. There is a quality Formula NIppon there as well as a Truck mod that sadly doesn't get the time online it deserves.

And if you pick the right mod, you'll get the right kind of players online too. Pick an arcade mod and you'll get the arcade drivers. Thats why GPL was such a high quality online - its so flipping hard to drive the arcadey lot stayed away!

I love GPL, but times move on sir. Maybe you should too
Old 19 Aug 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2271785)   #46
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Obviously you don't know me.

Firstly, I didn't speak about other mods (even though, to tell you the truth, I loathe those megane thingies, way harder to drive than GPL LOLOL).

Actually, I've been driving a lot in rFactor (I'm just not in the mood for GPL, as the leagues were I used to drive oblige me to spent too much time with it, and being an auditor and fiscal consultant, I don't have enough time for driving a different car in GPL every fortnight or so).

Mods?
- GP79 (love it!!!!!)
- HistoriX
- Spirit of 76

Any of these is way better than that crap made by that f***-up (he f****-up as well with his other mods, he just not cares about getting the right permission and stuff).

GPL is really long in the tooth, even sooooo, there are some tracks that are missing in rFactor (solitude and clermont 67 are high on my list, as well as the "new" authentic Isle of Man and the Little Madonie!!!!!).

The new kid in the block? iRacing (I suck there way higher than in GPL or GP79.........arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Old 20 Aug 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2272020)   #47
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish

Not sure about solitude but i'm sure i have clermont 67 somewhere, i'll have a look tonight. i'm not saying the F1 "Classic" is perfect, but the way it's gone i fear we'll never see it in rfactor which is a massive shame. F1 79 is a blast if you can find the right server and the Historix is just unreal. I loved GTL but hated the way it played online, so by mixing a better platform with those models we have one hell of fun time

Nowt like drifting a Mustang round Brands or a Cortina at Nurburgring...
Old 20 Aug 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2272133)   #48
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got Rfactor some time ago, but I haven't yet spent much time on it, or taken the plunge of adding mods, circuits, cars, etc. That side of things is all a bit new to me, but there's a bunch of circuits I'd really like to have a go at. I shall have to go searching soon for instructions and places to get the downloads from. All help and advice will be much appreciated!
Old 20 Aug 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2272323)   #49
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if you ever need some pointers, gimme a shout. It's simple once you've done it a few times.

Old 20 Aug 2008, 20:13 (Ref:2272345)   #50
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic

Not sure about solitude but i'm sure i have clermont 67 somewhere, i'll have a look tonight. i'm not saying the F1 "Classic" is perfect, but the way it's gone i fear we'll never see it in rfactor which is a massive shame. F1 79 is a blast if you can find the right server and the Historix is just unreal. I loved GTL but hated the way it played online, so by mixing a better platform with those models we have one hell of fun time

Nowt like drifting a Mustang round Brands or a Cortina at Nurburgring...
You'll have to come and and have a look at Race-Connect H, we are running the Historix GT's and TC's on Sunday nights starting Sept 7th the GT race on the GP circuit and the TC on the Indy at Brands. All other rounds will comprise of long and short versions of the circuit choice each fortnight. We also run CDTP F1 2005, Meganes and a series comprising lesser known mods on British tracks. We also use GTR2 and Race07 and have series planned for the eventual release of GTR Evo