Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Jun 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2475289)   #26
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
insert ''Gran Turismo doesnt have it though, therfore it is crap'' in. And that would be a fanboy comment

Apparently, the Mazda Coupe LMP2 car will be in the game. AND, we should be able to paint race cars

Also, new PI system, C class is the new S class, D is A and E is B. I think that B will become R4 and A will become R3, which means that Road car to Race car conversions will take place..

anyway, some gameplay videos (or lots)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...torsport/50406
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_11302_en.html
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...llyourcar.html
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6211100...opslot;thumb;4
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...ariaction.html
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...ckpitview.html

Enjoy!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2475362)   #27
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ooh, that other track (the second track on the Gamespot video) looks influenced by Paul Ricard (in terms of the runoff, etc.)

EDIT: NAd I'd also like to see the return of the large New York Circuit from the Original Forza, or maybe even the Rio circuit, as they are fun to drive!!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 15:42 (Ref:2475397)   #28
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the new test track, called Ladera
Old 4 Jun 2009, 15:45 (Ref:2475401)   #29
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
nice, it's better than the old one, as it isn't apallingly mickey mouse, so that's a good sign.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2475591)   #30
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's all looking fantastic. I just got an email fro Fanatec yesterday saying that my wheel is delayed until September which is a shame, but as a sweetner I'll be recieving a free copy of Forza3 on release! Which is nice.

Having watched all of the reveal vids of Forza3 and GT5 that I can over the last two days I am totally undecided...they both look brilliant so I guess by being given a free copy of F3 I'm grateful that now I don't have to make a choice, I'll just buy GT5 anyway and have the best of both worlds.

My only doubts so far is:

Forza3's

Decidely childish and poor looking Drift vid that has given cars the ability to defy gravity.....but hopefully that'll be limited to Drift only (which holds no relevance in my life) as I am loving the look of the racing physics.

And that by the looks of it F3 will only have 8 players online compared to GT5's 16

GT5's

Damage....... I took this screenie:

And you have to admit that damage looks sensational....

BUT!!!

I'm getting the impression that if they had damage as cool as that across the whole game then they'd want to shout about it from the rooftops....and what better way to do it than show a massive NASCAR pileup to give them bragging rights about the liscense, the awesome looks, physics etc and show off the carnage at a NASCAR race.......but they haven't, which has left me expecting damage in only the WRC events.

BOTH!

Release Dates seem to slip massively more as a rule than an exception in gaming land these days. So I'm not going to expect to see Forza3 until January at the earliest and even more worryingly PD haven't even given a date for GT5, even though we've all been waiting 4 years for one.

We could see them hitting the shelves at around the same date which will really polarise the fanboys more than ever!

I'm just looking forward to all of it.

Perry McCarthy
Old 5 Jun 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2475674)   #31
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For all those who wanted a fanboy free discussion, I completely agree as there are way too many of them all over the internet as is and I did not mean to turn this into one as well. Honestly I love forza 2, mostly for its wide selection of ALMS cars and I will probably love forza 3 as well. For me though I've always felt that the GT series just was more fun to play and in many ways more sensible. For instance, I'm really into time trials and could sit in my room doing laps around the same track for hours trying to see what kind of time I could achieve. However, when I went to friends house and tried out forza for the 1st time. I was disappointed to see that there was some silly rule that made it so that you would get penalty time for going off track. I think that going off the track would be the penalty in itself. In GT you get the lap disallowed only if you go far off the track or if you shortcut. To me thats a more logical way of going about solving the same problem.

Yes there are like 100 skylines and yes there are many cars that are not as enjoyable as some others that could have been put in in their place. But in many ways, that reason that people complain about GT is the same reason Fanboys like me stick with the series to the grave. I think its cool that there are cars that you would never find in any other game, in this game. Many of which you could see out on the road or even on a track day. For many people (not including me as I'm not old enough to drive yet) taking a car they drive around all the time and driving it around the nurburgring, albeit a virtual version of it, is a very mouthwatering prospect.

I've held the opinion that the Forza series is more of a racing simulator, a game where everything revolves around big races with big crowds and with much more of a race weekend feel to it. Where as GT is more of a driving simulator. I tend to enjoy starting of the game in an old junker miata and going to track days as if you were part of a car club at your local race track. Then slowly working your way up to the 24h of Le Mans racing an Audi R8 race car. For some people, jumping right into a race car just after you get the game or at least a short while after is what they prefer. But for me personally, I like the "slowly working your way to the top" feel of Gran Turismo.

I try to have an open mind. I very much enjoy many other racing games such as Race Pro, Grid, and yes, even Forza (Probably more than the other 2 mentioned). However, I grew up with the GT franchise and always find myself coming back to it as I personally believe it was the first and to this day, the best. Thats just my opinion. Feel free to express yours.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 01:44 (Ref:2475697)   #32
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm interesting. I had a PS1 with GT1 and GT2, then got an Xbox because of the multiplayer element. X360 came naturally after that. Forza 1 and 2 are both great games but IU'm bitterly dissapointed by the Xbox experience., I'm on my second console, and this one is junk too. It can't rn a game for longer than 10min without crashing, and makes horrible griding sounds. Many of my friends have had similar experiences.

As much as my heart tells me to get my 360 fixed ($$$) and go for Forza 3, my head tells me its a waste of time and that I should just get a Wii to make the wife happy.

Old 5 Jun 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2475826)   #33
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
My xbox should be returning today actualy.

Free repair for either an E74, or a RROD.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2475959)   #34
Grandprix
Rookie

Grandprix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me, the debate is simple. If you have a 360, get Forza 3. If you have a PS3, get GT5. If you have both, get both. There should be enough of a time difference in terms of release dates to justify getting both.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2476687)   #35
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was looking forward to Forza 3, but after seeing this trailer my expectations for the game have been lowered considerably. As if that's not bad enough, I later saw this other trailer which has nearly killed any enthusiasm I had for the Forza franchise. If I wanted to perform impossible drifts and put 24 inch rims on my Cadillac Escalade then I would've bought Need For Speed Undercover. Honestly, it's looking like "Pimp My Ride: The Game" at this point...

I'm only being this harsh because I had a lot of fun with the previous two Forza Motorsport games and I fear that they are going to focus more on customizing and the online community instead of the actual racing. Microsoft could've put on a much better debut for their flagship driving franchise, and in my opinion they failed.

That doesn't mean I'm about to completely abandon Forza 3. However, it does mean that it might not be the "must buy on launch day" game I was expecting it to be. In terms of creating excitement at this year's E3, I'd have to go with GT5 only because of the inclusion of the WRC license.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2476848)   #36
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Well, the customisation element of Forza 3 is also very similar to that element in Forza 2, and there is still a focus on the racing, with the presence of so much content, that two discs are required along with the install feature of the 360, accross 2 DVDs, though admittedly that could have been avoided with the presence of a BLuRay disc drive addon, as well as an edition that plays on a BluRay disc.

Yes, there's now a rewind button and other arcadey aids, but you can alter it so it stays like the sim it always was. they were only intrduced so it opens it out to anyone for play, and it's something people new to the franchise will appreciate, whilst keeping sim fans happy due to the amount of options that are available to tweak to make the game as styled to you as possible.

As for Drifting, it's always been there as a part that a lot people globally want to access. Take Team Blackjack, whow ere represented in one of theose videos, for example. the same type of drift videos were present in Forza 2. It's just a positive factor to the style of the Forza community, that people want to reach in and unleash their creativity in different ways.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Gran Turismo franchise, they are great games to play, and look equally as stunning as Forza 3, but I feel that the dynamics of the GT community just isn't as diverse as Turn 10 has managed with both of their previous games, because of the added customisation aspect that Forza has with a powerful livery engin, as well as the auction house. It's this community style that convinced me to buy the first two games, (though the liveries I've produced aren't as good as nicky's, I admit), but I have countless cars in my garages on both games, that, while being the same car, (example, 4 Audi TT quattros), have visually different aspects going for their liveries.

Regards,

Tathrim
Old 7 Jun 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2476873)   #37
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
The PI system, the customisation, the livery editor, these all work together in online legue racing and sometimes you get amazing cars that produce great racing. I did a series of BTCC where everyone had to use replicas, and it was like playing a BTCC mod.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2477101)   #38
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathrim View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love the Gran Turismo franchise, they are great games to play, and look equally as stunning as Forza 3, but I feel that the dynamics of the GT community just isn't as diverse as Turn 10 has managed with both of their previous games, because of the added customisation aspect that Forza has with a powerful livery engin, as well as the auction house. It's this community style that convinced me to buy the first two games, (though the liveries I've produced aren't as good as nicky's, I admit), but I have countless cars in my garages on both games, that, while being the same car, (example, 4 Audi TT quattros), have visually different aspects going for their liveries.
I'm not against customization, and I agree that Turn 10 have truly embraced their community while Polyphony has ignored theirs. I'm even fine with drifting (although the drifting in that video took it waaaay too far). One thing I really appreciate about the Forza series is that there is no set path to take - you can progress through the career mode in a variety of ways. You can race, but you can also design liveries and tune cars and sell your creations on the auction house. No other game does that as well.

However, when you're making something as deep and engaging as Forza or Gran Turismo or any simulator, it's very easy to lose sight of what should be your main focus: the racing itself. It all comes down to the physics. I believe that Microsoft was set on appealing to the casual market at E3 with those two trailers I cited in my earlier post. I could see why they'd want to appeal to a broader audience - it's the same reason why Sony picked up the NASCAR license. But since all we have to go by now are those trailers, screenshots, and gameplay videos, that's the way I'm seeing it. I'm sure that once we see some real material (not CG cutscenes or anything), my opinion will be different.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2480986)   #39
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read somewhere that there was a lot of debate inside Turn10 about the drifting trailer shown at E3 - many thought it was not what the game was about, and didn't want to show it.

I loved the hell out of FM1 and FM2, and still race in a weekly league running 1 hour endurance races (currently running a Porsche Cup series). I am sure FM3 will be more of the same. However, I am concerned about the direction the game is going... when you look at all the changes, very few of them focus on improving the RACING experience, which in FM2 lacked:

1) Reasonable Pit Stop Options
2) Changing Track Conditions (Line rubbering in, clag/marbles, debris from "offs")
3) Dynamic Weather / Time-of-Day
4) An appealing penalty and/or flag system
5) Only 8 racers in room

NONE of this appears to have changed for FM3. What the game promises instead are more cars (always nice, but honestly only ever used 10% of the cars in FM2!), better graphics (FM2 was good enough for me if the compromise means more cars on the track!), more race types (no comment to avoid controversy other than this doesn't add any value to me personally), better painting/livery creation (OK I guess, but not why I buy Forza), and more tracks (OK, this is good and it does help in the "Racing" department assuming they are closed-circuit and have a pit area).

Forza appears to be going more toward a car-centered theme and not toward a racing theme. It can be used for racing - and it will deliver as good as FM2 did - but it has not taken the racing part of the experience anywhere new, and to me personally that is a dissappointment.
Old 13 Jun 2009, 00:37 (Ref:2481329)   #40
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check out the official site for new details about Le Mans circuit and cars to appear in the game!

http://http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/introducing-circuit-de-la-sarthe.htm
Old 13 Jun 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2481447)   #41
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Yeas, that's true, bt there's no mention of night racing, which is a shame, but oh well.
Old 13 Jun 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2481521)   #42
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Neat shots, the 908 looks very odd though. Too bad they only included those big name prototypes and no Lola or anything similar.
Old 13 Jun 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2481798)   #43
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have a sneaky feeling that there will be Lola's on this game etc. I hope they do a Le Mans 24 race. Also I would personally like to see Monaco on FM3. A Bentley Le Mans going round Loews Hairpin. Wow
Old 14 Jun 2009, 05:38 (Ref:2482607)   #44
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have a feeling we will see a LOT more prototypes and GT car's than in previous game's with the partnership to LM now with Forza 3, it would not surprise me to see the Lola, Zytek, RS Spyder, Oreca and possibly the Pescarolo or Creation in the game along with the DBR9, V8 Vantage GT2 and the Spyker C8 GT2 but thats being hopeful.

as long as we can paint the Racing car's i will be happy as a lot of the proto's in Forza with a different lick of paint can reasonably mimick another proto, the R10 for example could pass off as an Oreca from a distance with a different lick of paint, hopefully we get to see some of the smaller cars from the great race, they are usually the one's with the most charm and personality.
Old 14 Jun 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2483068)   #45
deccy~LWS~
Rookie

England
infront of my computer
deccy~LWS~ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be really really cool if they made it like LFS where you could make your own engine noise, but that wouldn't happen because FM is more about the realistic side of sportscar racing (except for the street circuit in FM2)
Old 14 Jun 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2483101)   #46
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
being able to make your own engine noise would be a really cool idea, specially for the prototypes, some of which sounded horribly unrealistic in Forza 2, the Audi R8 LMP sounded like a Zytek or Mugen Engined Proto!

although, i can make my own engine noise to, vrooooooooooooooooooOOOOOoooommmM

haha
Old 14 Jun 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2483149)   #47
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems once again that little (huge) land in the middle of nowhere is forgotten again. No mention of Aussie tracks or cars (cars that are good enough to export all over the world )
Old 14 Jun 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2483262)   #48
deccy~LWS~
Rookie

England
infront of my computer
deccy~LWS~ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
being able to make your own engine noise would be a really cool idea, specially for the prototypes, some of which sounded horribly unrealistic in Forza 2, the Audi R8 LMP sounded like a Zytek or Mugen Engined Proto!

although, i can make my own engine noise to, vrooooooooooooooooooOOOOOoooommmM

haha
lol

i think if they did make it so you could make your own engine noises i would be making every car sound like the Listers used to, they sounded so sweet
Old 14 Jun 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2483356)   #49
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Seems once again that little (huge) land in the middle of nowhere is forgotten again. No mention of Aussie tracks or cars (cars that are good enough to export all over the world )
How about this then Stealthy:

http://oxcgn.com/2009/06/04/oxcgn-co...cars-included/

That should cheer you up.

Perry McCarthy
Old 15 Jun 2009, 02:23 (Ref:2483477)   #50
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
How about this then Stealthy:

http://oxcgn.com/2009/06/04/oxcgn-co...cars-included/

That should cheer you up.
Lol, i searched everywhere and couldn't find anything.

I wonder what changed, as it was apparently a licensing issue that held the cars back before (there wasn't any such licensing issues with tracks, which is what sucked)