Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Closed Thread

Old 10 Feb 2003, 19:44 (Ref:502644)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GPL - Extra Praccy Races!

As you'll see from the League thread, Spudgun will shortly be hosting an open Silverstone race - no chassis limitations.

Come one, come all!
Old 10 Feb 2003, 23:09 (Ref:502840)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got WinVROC. But, i can't get it to log in because i don't know what SOCKS is.

Even if i could log in, what do i do next.

When is the race, cos i can't do school nights.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 07:56 (Ref:503033)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race is tonight from 8 pm Pirenzo. Your SOCKS problem is probably because you haven't deleted the "riche" (whatever it is) dll from your GPL folder.

Well, it was a strange affair last night, wasn't it? Before I disco'd (having warned Spud that I might have to), qually went well, I managed to get the pole even against the non-10/10ths opposition. I noticed during practice that the latency was very high and a Ferrari was warping VERY badly early on, disappearing and then re-appearing 100 yards up the road.

On the starting grid, I was perplexed because I couldn't see any cars, either beside me or in my mirrors. At the drop of the flag, I made a reasonable getaway, but halfway down the straight I still couldn't see anyone else. I suddenly though, "Damn, I've been disconnected" and eased off, only for another Lotus (I thought it was Spud at first - was it?) came flying past me from nowehere.

I chased whoever it was for a few laps but as I couldn't see anyone else behind me, my concentration was on whether we had a problem and not the race, and I nearly dropped it at Copse on the second or third lap. It was then that cars started to appear from nowhere (again) all over the place.

I kept going for a few more laps but then had to go anyway to pick my lad up. I have to say that I lost heart when I overtook a Lotus (again, I thought it was Spud because he was wearing my custom helmet and as the host he had the No. 4 car) at Stowe and was then amazed because I had to overtake him again a few seconds later just before Abbey!

So it seems the server was under some stress, eh Spud? I don't know whether we had some people join us who had poor connections or who weren't getting a solid 36 fps, and that caused the problem?

Certainly something we may need to watch out for if numbers rise above the current 5-6 racers in the TTFL races.

But I'll be back again tonight.......
Old 11 Feb 2003, 08:22 (Ref:503053)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
O well, got Biology coursework tonight
Old 11 Feb 2003, 08:31 (Ref:503059)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Surely you can give yourself an hour off? Just one little hour........
Old 11 Feb 2003, 09:09 (Ref:503087)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm.. We did have 12 people on at one point.

I'm not sure if it was just the server load or the quality of some of the connections slowing everything down.

It's something to keep an eye on that's for sure, although I was told that 12 cars were a safe limit.

Tony, if you see this have you any ideas?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 09:54 (Ref:503127)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I really can't risk it, because the hand in date is tomorrow. GPL has already prevented me from doing it at the weekend, so i must get on with it.

Although, i'm not in school today cos i have a sore throat and a cold, so maybe i can do my coursework this afternoon, i don't know.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 10:05 (Ref:503142)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BTW, anyone got the new GPLEA Cooper?

Hmm, New Cooper or Eagle respray 2nite?

Has anyone ever done a Rob Walker Lotus?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 12:49 (Ref:503302)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is the GPLEA Cooper out yet - it wasn't yesterday. I'd better go and take a look.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 12:51 (Ref:503304)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
IT IS - IT IS!!!!!! Out today.

I will nab one of those for myself when I get home tonight for sure!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Feb 2003 at 12:51.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 12:59 (Ref:503308)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The archive of the new Cooper is damaged, can download it but it doesnt extract properly...
Old 11 Feb 2003, 12:59 (Ref:503309)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
excellent stuff! I'll go have a look...
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:02 (Ref:503311)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
There are a few descrepancies in the views (roll hoop and In car swapped around, but nearly identical anyway) which i've mentioned on their forum, and also if you want to use GPLAIM or GPLSCM there is an error so you have to install manually, although i think there might now be a correction for that, i am not sure
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:27 (Ref:503343)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I never use GPLAIM (although I've got it) or GPLSCM. I always install manually - it's so easy. You just delete everything in the car folder except the dat file and install the standard version of the car and then any other "extras" - easy-peasy.

I believe the problem with the file is if you are using the version for 2D helmets. I always use 3D anyway. I believe there is a fix for this already posted and you can bet that a revised version will be up on GPLEA's site within hours anyway. There's also a version 2.0 to come very soon as well...... marvellous
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:28 (Ref:503345)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I get this error message every time i try to extract (not install) it: 'Unable to extract: archive is damaged'.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:30 (Ref:503349)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Have you tried downloading it again? I've had that once or twice, but clearly many people have succeeded, so perhaps something went wrong in your download?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:43 (Ref:503366)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

I tried it about 10-12 times now, i installed it manually but 1 file is missing, and i don't know which one.
Just downloaded it with the firewall turned off, but still the same problem.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 11 Feb 2003 at 13:45.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:44 (Ref:503370)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's reference to a problem file on the forum at GPLEA - apparently the name of the file has one or more gaps in it which it shouldn't have. I'll take a look.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:46 (Ref:503374)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
This is what it says

"just needed to change text to '2dhelmetversion' with no spaces - working perefctly fine now Oloap"

There's also a zip there to download.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:48 (Ref:503377)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

Which thread is it in?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:56 (Ref:503391)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The one that talks about a problem with the Cooper - posted by Oloap. I believe. I can't give you a link because for some reason my browser here at work doesn't recognise it.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 14:09 (Ref:503404)   #22
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I always manually install as well, it's just that there were alot of people on the GPLEA forum saying that they had problems with the GPLAIM etc
Old 11 Feb 2003, 14:52 (Ref:503421)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

Okay, i've had it now...
Getting the 'could not load track' error and after reverting to the older car, the same error message.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 15:26 (Ref:503437)   #24
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Hard luck ®îjñtjûh
Old 11 Feb 2003, 15:27 (Ref:503438)   #25
ASCII Man
Veteran

Are you insulting me?!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 11 Feb 2003 at 15:29.
Closed Thread