Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 19 Dec 2003, 06:47 (Ref:815799)   #51
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by rustyfan
And what about Airton Dare? He's fully healed now (as far as I know anyway) and he's a very capable driver as well. Speaking of Dare, I think AJ Foyt should drop AJ Foyt IV (or at least send him back down into the IPS for another go) and put Dare in the car instead. That's assuming Foyt will be back next year of course.
I've posted about AĂ*rton DarĂ© in this thread a couple of weeks ago (you can read it here) and according to an interview with him only one thing is certain about his future and that is that he will never drive an A.J. Foyt challanger again! At the Foyt team he felt a bit betrayed and is negoiating with two teams that he consider "more professional"
Old 19 Dec 2003, 08:58 (Ref:815863)   #52
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to hear he is in talks with some teams. Any ideas who?
Old 19 Dec 2003, 09:29 (Ref:815881)   #53
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I were to make some wild guesses (which I'm quite good at ), I'd say it's Mo Nunn and/or Bobby Rahal.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 12:16 (Ref:815998)   #54
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could be Rahal, but Nunn seems unlikely because they'd need more funding to run a second car, and Airton doesn't seem to have any.

Has Giaffone been linked to any other drives? It'd be a shame to see him thrown aside.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 18:17 (Ref:816289)   #55
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just had a visit to the Panther Racing forum (if you haven't been there by the way, do check it out because John Barnes and Tomas Scheckter are regular posters) and JB is saying that Ed Carpenter has landed the second Cheever seat.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 11:07 (Ref:816710)   #56
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
Just had a visit to the Panther Racing forum (if you haven't been there by the way, do check it out because John Barnes and Tomas Scheckter are regular posters) and JB is saying that Ed Carpenter has landed the second Cheever seat.
Not surprising to hear - there have been several signs pointing towards that for weeks now, which I think is good considering Carpenter did real well despite the lack of resources while driving for PDM.

I'll wait with updating the list until we see something officially announced though.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 23:45 (Ref:824038)   #57
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Buhl is confirmed ar D&R, with a new contract from Purex as well for the #24 car. No mention of Sarah Fisher, looks like D&R won't have a place for her on the team.

http://irl.autoracingsport.com/2003_...urex_buhl.html

Last edited by Down F0rce; 30 Dec 2003 at 23:47.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 00:13 (Ref:824069)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sarah Fisher's car was sponsored differently though wasnt it, thru GMAC Financing if I remember rightly. It doesnt mean she is gone from D&R, just that this sponsor hasnt said she is coming back...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Jan 2004, 13:53 (Ref:829431)   #59
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On Jan. 5, Cheever Racing confirmed via a formal announcement that Ed Carpenter will be their second driver in 2004...

Sourece: Indy Star

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Jan 2004, 17:29 (Ref:829649)   #60
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So am I right??

Conf...
Scott Dixon
#1 Target Chip Ganassi Racing
Mark Taylor
#2 Panther Racing
Helio Castroneves
#3 Marlboro Team Penske
Tomas Scheckter
#4 Panther Racing
Sam Hornish Jr.
#6 Marlboro Team Panske
Bryan Herta
#7 Andretti Green Racing
Scott Sharp
#8 Kelley Racing
Darren Manning
#10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing
Tony Kanaan
#11 Andretti Green Racing
A.J. Foyt IV
#14 A.J. Foyt Enterprises
??
#15 Team Rahal
??
#23 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
Robbie Buhl
#24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
Dan Wheldon
#26 Andretti Green Racing
Dario Franchitti
#27 Andretti Green Racing
Alex Barron
#51 Red Bull Cheever Racing
Ed Carpenter
#52 Red Bull Cheever Racing
Roger Yasukawa
#55 Super Aguri Fernandez Racing

PLUS
Tora Takagi
#12 Mo Nunn Racing or A.J. Foyt Enterprises
Greg Ray
#13 Access Motorsports

AND PART TIME RUNNERS
Hemelgarn Racing, PDM Racing maybe Sam Schmidt Motorsports.

Two questions:
1. I've read about Tora moving to Foyt's team is it true??
2. Is D&RR running two car effort?? Is it confirm

Thx
Old 6 Jan 2004, 18:38 (Ref:829711)   #61
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting point regarding the numbers - has Scotrt confirmed that he will take the #1? And will Sam keep his favoured #4, perhaps swapping it with Tomas Scheckter?

No word on D&R running two cars - safest thign to say is that they'll need funding which isn't yet confirmed. Chevrolet might up the anté to ensure that Sarah remains on the grid.

Hemelgarn, PDM and Schmidt are pure rumours, we've heard nothing from any of those camps so far.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 21:29 (Ref:829866)   #62
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
AFAIK in November Scott was testing with #9 plate, but it was still 2003
The same with Junior #4 plate...

Any news about who will sub. for Brack in first part of 2004, a number of guys is without drive...
Old 7 Jan 2004, 05:21 (Ref:830206)   #63
dirtfan
Racer

dirtfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An anonomyous source just told me Jacques is being looked at by 2 teams, and Buddy is considering retiring and becoming a millionaire ski bum.
If this comes to pass, you all owe me a beer.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 10:31 (Ref:830327)   #64
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Ho-hum, perhaps I should finally get around to update my list as well;

Access Motorsports
-----------------------------------
#1 - Greg Ray, USA
#2 - ?

(No known changes. Reports suggest the team would like to field a second car if possible.)

AJ Foyt Enterprises?
#1 - AJ Foyt IV, USA?

(Sponsorless? With the problems his NEXTEL Cup team currently is experiencing (also losing its sponsor), which series will he try to stay in - NASCAR or IndyCar? Will AJ really stick with AJ Foyt IV?)

Andretti Green Racing
#1 - Tony Kanaan, BRA
#2 - Dan Wheldon, GBR
#3 - Dario Franchitti, GBR
#4 - Bryan Herta, USA

(Drivers and sponsors signed for 2004. Some rumors suggest, however, that Franchitti is desperately trying to get out of his contract. Bryan Herta is confirmed as the team's fourth full-time driver.)

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#1 - Robbie Buhl, USA
#2 - Sarah Fisher, USA?

(Buhl and Purex secured for 2004. Some reports suggest that Fisher, granted sufficient sponsorship can be found, will be back with the team for 2004.)

Hemelgarn Racing
#1 - Richie Hearn, USA?

(Lazier out. Hearn in? Sponsor out? Team stepping down to a partial schedule?)

Kelley Racing
#1 - Scott Sharp, USA

(Scaling back to a one-car team for 2004.)

Marlboro Team Penske
#1 - Helio Castroneves, BRA
#2 - Sam Hornish Jr., USA

(De Ferran retired. Sam Hornish Jr. takes his place. No other changes.)

Mo Nunn Racing
#1 - ?
#2 - Tora Takagi, JPN?

(Giaffone and Hollywood out. Scaling back to a one-car operation? Mo Nunn leaving IndyCar for CART?)

Panther Racing
#1 - Tomas Scheckter, RSA
#2 - Mark Taylor, GBR

(Hornish Jr. leaves for Penske - Scheckter comes in to take his place, leaving Ganassi. Panther merges with Menard, bringing up IPS Champion Mark Taylor to take the seat.)

Patrick Racing?
#1 - Al Unser Jr., USA?

(Reports suggest Pat Patrick is looking at selling off his CART team to Emerson Fittipaldi, while launching a new IndyCar team campaigning Al Unser Jr. for 2004.)

PDM Racing
#1 - ?

(Ed carpenter is off to Team Cheever. Partial schedule most likely. Driver unknown at this point.)

Red Bull Cheever Racing
#1 - Alex Barron, USA
#2 - Ed carpenter, USA

(Going back to a two-car effort for 2004. Alex Barron and Ed Carpenter signed.)

Super Aguri Fernandez Racing
#1 - Roger Yasukawa, USA?
#2 - Kousuke Matsuura, JPN?

(No solid reports as of yet. SAFR is hoping to enter a second car, depending on sponsorship. Matsuura has been testing for the team at Phoenix.)

Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#1 - Scott Dixon, NZL
#2 - Darren Manning, GBR

(Tomas Scheckter leaves Ganassi for Panther Racing. Darren Manning joins the team, coming in from CART.)

Team Rahal
#1 - ?
#2 - ?

(Kenny Bräck is recovering from injuries sustained at Texas, and with Bryan Herta going to AGR it is a total guess to whom might substitute for Bräck. Buddy Rice to sub? Rahal has expressed interest in launching a second team granted sponsorship can be secured.)
Old 7 Jan 2004, 15:52 (Ref:830628)   #65
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Late last sumer, we were hearing talk from Richard Childress himself that he has an interest in setting up an IRL team...

I haven't seen anything on it here in Indy...

Have any of you heard more or seen anything about this???

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 Jan 2004, 15:55 (Ref:830633)   #66
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Found this article, nothing new I guess but it's something to read. Seems like there is hardly any news so far this year...

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=04579571

Last edited by Down F0rce; 7 Jan 2004 at 15:59.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 08:29 (Ref:832414)   #67
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
A.J. Foyt IV has backing from Conseco and will be on the grid with #14 Team Conseco Toyota/Dallara from A.J. Foyt Enterprises, they are starting their program with testing late January. It seems Conseco has re-sign with Foyts.
Information from www.foytracing.com
Old 9 Jan 2004, 10:04 (Ref:832449)   #68
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Thanks for the heads-up Alex!

(Bold text denotes most recent confirmed change/addition/confirmation.)

Access Motorsports
#1 - Greg Ray, USA
#2 - ?

(No known changes. Reports suggest the team would like to field a second car if possible.)

Team Conseco Foyt Racing
#1 - AJ Foyt IV, USA

(Seems the troubles for the NEXTEL Cup team hasn't affected the IndyCar effort, which will be back in full swing for 2004.)

Andretti Green Racing
#1 - Tony Kanaan, BRA
#2 - Dan Wheldon, GBR
#3 - Dario Franchitti, GBR
#4 - Bryan Herta, USA

(Drivers and sponsors signed for 2004. Some rumors suggest, however, that Franchitti is desperately trying to get out of his contract. Bryan Herta is confirmed as the team's fourth full-time driver.)

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#1 - Robbie Buhl, USA
#2 - Sarah Fisher, USA?

(Buhl and Purex secured for 2004. Some reports suggest that Fisher, granted sufficient sponsorship can be found, will be back with the team for 2004.)

Hemelgarn Racing
#1 - Richie Hearn, USA?

(Lazier out. Hearn in? Sponsor out? Team stepping down to a partial schedule?)

Kelley Racing
#1 - Scott Sharp, USA
#2 - ?

(Scaling back to a one-car team for 2004. Hoping to find funding for a second car?)

Marlboro Team Penske
#1 - Helio Castroneves, BRA
#2 - Sam Hornish Jr., USA

(De Ferran retired. Sam Hornish Jr. takes his place. No other changes.)

Mo Nunn Racing
#1 - Tora Takagi, JPN
#2 - ?

(Giaffone and Hollywood out. Scaling back to a one-car operation? Mo Nunn leaving IndyCar for CART? Tora Takagi set for 2004, according to article in AutoWeek.)

Panther Racing
#1 - Tomas Scheckter, RSA
#2 - Mark Taylor, GBR

(Hornish Jr. leaves for Penske - Scheckter comes in to take his place, leaving Ganassi. Panther merges with Menard, bringing up IPS Champion Mark Taylor to take the seat.)

Patrick Racing?
#1 - Al Unser Jr., USA?

(Reports suggest Pat Patrick is looking at selling off his CART team to Emerson Fittipaldi, while launching a new IndyCar team campaigning Al Unser Jr. for 2004.)

PDM Racing
#1 - ?

(Ed carpenter is off to Team Cheever. Partial schedule most likely. Driver unknown at this point.)

Red Bull Cheever Racing
#1 - Alex Barron, USA
#2 - Ed carpenter, USA

(Going back to a two-car effort for 2004. Alex Barron and Ed Carpenter signed.)

Super Aguri Fernandez Racing
#1 - Roger Yasukawa, USA?
#2 - Kousuke Matsuura, JPN?

(No solid reports as of yet. SAFR is hoping to enter a second car, depending on sponsorship. Matsuura has been testing for the team at Phoenix.)

Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#1 - Scott Dixon, NZL
#2 - Darren Manning, GBR

(Tomas Scheckter leaves Ganassi for Panther Racing. Darren Manning joins the team, coming in from CART.)

Team Rahal
#1 - Buddy Rice, USA
#2 - ?

(Kenny Bräck is recovering from injuries sustained at Texas - Buddy Rice will sub for Kenny until he returns. Rahal has expressed interest in launching a second team granted sponsorship can be secured.)

Last edited by rustyfan; 9 Jan 2004 at 10:11.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 13:42 (Ref:832645)   #69
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I heard Patrick is in advanced contacts with Giaffone for the second seat.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 13:53 (Ref:832655)   #70
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
From what I heard Patrick is in advanced contacts with Giaffone for the second seat.
That would be great - I hope it turns out to be correct
Old 9 Jan 2004, 16:33 (Ref:832801)   #71
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Little Al and Giaffonie, two car team at Partick Racing? that sounds good to me here's hoping for that to turn out.

Last edited by Down F0rce; 9 Jan 2004 at 21:00.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 16:38 (Ref:832810)   #72
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Any news on chassis and engine for Patrick, if rumours f his fielding a team turn out to be true?
Old 9 Jan 2004, 16:50 (Ref:832822)   #73
Kojima_KE007
Racer

Kojima_KE007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like Kosuke Matsuura will be confirmed at SAFR.

Roger Yasukawa is reported have begun talks with other teams and one of the rumoured team is Team Rahal (Honda).
Old 9 Jan 2004, 16:51 (Ref:832824)   #74
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
The strongest rumours have linked Pat with Chevrolet, who he's been involved with in the past, no idea as to the chassis.

As seen elsewhere, we now know that Buddy Rice will be filling in for Brack at Rahal, although it's unlikely to last beyond that.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 18:20 (Ref:832892)   #75
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Matsuura now confirmed at SAFR, in place of Yakusawa. The team is also switching from Dallara to Panoz/G-Force.