Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Dec 2000, 00:49 (Ref:53090)   #1
project fresh
Rookie

project fresh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

With all the discussions about the new generation F1 drivers if they have and can get superlicences because of their experience, is it not time for this idea?

Create in England a new class for FF1600 junior drivers who can enter from their 15th birthday, like the T-cars in England which is from 14 years.
This way they can learn in FF1600 before moving into FFZetec then to F3. In this way they can gain 4/5 years experience before they move in F1.
Seems logic and gives them more then adaquate time to prove their talent.

Also this gives teams in FFZetec a chance to discover young talent.
For the constructors their is a bonus that they can build FF1600, there are still many FF1600 constructors around in England who might like the idea.

I noticed they race FF in Nz already at their 14th year.
Well anybody supporting the idea, let me know.

Project Fresh at rdpfresh@hotmail.com

Thanks
Old 18 Dec 2000, 13:50 (Ref:53162)   #2
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the concept is o.k. but Karting is competitive enough even at the upper levels. Just look at James Courtney. Do we really need to drag FF1600 out again? Is Formula First still active in the UK? I saw a race in '98 at the FF Festival and the young guys were really into it. If we really need a junior formula why not run de-tuned Zetecs,it would be the same as running a 1600 but without the dinosaur in the back. But I think most good Karters can handle Junior Zetec anyway.
Old 18 Dec 2000, 17:11 (Ref:53175)   #3
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If yiu do that Redback, you would only allow the rich kids because that's how racing is today. a cheap 1600 is the wayto go. also a home built chassis should be encouraged because it will give the new racers experience in the technical department aswell I think the new Getem 1600 is an excellent example on how diverse your field could be and diversity means excitement!
Old 18 Dec 2000, 19:41 (Ref:53201)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula First had its last year this term.. Will be combined with other single seaters next year due to shrinking grids...

Formula Ford will always expensive - as are T cars.. So starting youngsters early won't help the majority of potential racers. Racing needs to be broadened to help everyone start.. Formula Ford is a good way - but it's too expensive for 95 percent of people..

I've always thought the principles behind Formula Vee was the way forward.. Cars are slower, much stronger and built cheap and can be maintained cheaply.
Old 18 Dec 2000, 20:02 (Ref:53207)   #5
project fresh
Rookie

project fresh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice reply

Thanks Nelson, nice and goog reply.

Do your father the greatings.

Talk to you later
Old 19 Dec 2000, 12:34 (Ref:53301)   #6
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys I missed your point. I thought you were talking about running the old Kent engine again. I have seen discussions on the US forums about getting new blocks cast, alloy heads (same design as the old ones) and new cranks. What is the Getem 1600?

I checked out the Zip/Young Guns site a while ago. They are trying to get a new feeder category happening by the sounds of it. They estimate 25000 pounds for a new car. Running a 1400cc engine by Ford with a 1600cc option I think.

How popular is FVee in Europe? Why are Formula First, Formula Vauxhall and Vauxhall Junior not around anymore? I'm not being sarcastic, I don't live in the UK so I don't know the full story. Weren't these feeder categories?

What happens to the poor kids that compete in your junior category when they want to move up? There are a lot of good drivers around without the cash to move up.
Old 3 Jan 2001, 16:46 (Ref:55969)   #7
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a "poor" kid has what it takes to make it to the top he wouldn't be missed by any of the top managers and such.

Formula first, vee an Vauxhall ended because this is an over crowded category. their is no clear line to the top any more.

this how it should be:

Formula 1
Formula 3000
Formula 3
Formula Ford Zetec
Formula Ford Kent

And for the US

CART-IRL
Indy Lights
Barber Dodge
Formula Ford 2000
Formula Dodge