Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 30 Jul 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1367319)   #1
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
advertising on the rear of your car

i was pulled at oulton earlier this season for having a small amount of lettering at the top of my rear window with our website[non advertising],and was told i had to remove it or i wouldnt be able to race!i havnt seen many saloon/sports cars that dont have any rearward facing logos. bit jobsworth dont you think!?
Old 30 Jul 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1367607)   #2
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that it's because it was on the window. You need to specify it in your regs and then it's OK.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1368434)   #3
Ali Rushforth
Racer

England
Nr Wantage, Oxfordshire
Ali Rushforth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was pulled a couple of years back for having my surname at the top of the rear screen. Scrutt told me I wasn't allowed any form of writing, beit my surname or advertising. I asked (argued) that BTCC cars run with surnames in rear screen, to which he said they run to different rules. True, but having read the Blue book before hand, it didn't say I wasn't allowed, the regs for the championship didn't say it wasn't allowed.

I did as I was told, for the same Scrutt to come to me at the end of the day and appolgise saying having read the blue book himself during lunch, it seems I was allowed to run with my surname in the raer window!!

All this in the back of a MINI!!! Plus, I had the graphics made so as to fit them on the inside!!! So it was a pain in the ar5e to take them out!!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1368526)   #4
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Colin if you would have read your blue book you would know that you are not allowed anything on windows (apart from your name and a sun strip on the front). Its for your safety after all.
And were have you seen all these cars with rearward facing adverts???
Old 1 Aug 2005, 07:28 (Ref:1368772)   #5
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got done at Snetterton a few years back for the same thing.

Dumb rule given that you can quite happily race a GT car with no rear window at all but rules is rules!

Unless of course you have lots of money and a touring car!
Old 3 Aug 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1370996)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we're not allowed advertising in historics as its not period
having said that when someone offers the organisers some hard cash we get our cars plastered with stickers.

it seems to have settled at a smallish single design incorporating all the names now though
Old 3 Aug 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1371041)   #7
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
ye i remember when i used to race with the pre 65s in the 80s and they first allowed advertising.some of the cars looked crap!!then we got race tyres and the steel wheels bent,then alloy wheels,then lost the bumpers,and most of the cars!
Old 3 Aug 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1371045)   #8
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
brickicker iv just noticed your reply.. will remove the garages name from the back window of my road car immediatelly should it render the car unsafe!! [sorry].
Old 4 Aug 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1372233)   #9
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since when has a racing driver ever looked through his rear window?
Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1374464)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder if oneway window graphics like we can produce for buses etc would be seen as OK as you get good vision from the inside out. I remember before this type of material was available a guy in our club entered a four door Colt Lancer with a beautiful multicoloured graphic of a Samuri warrior over the side of the car going up over the rear door windows. Looked fantastic and was a work of art being done in cut vinyl before printable systems were about. Of course he was made to remove it which if you think about it was ridiculous because in the same race I was running my Camaro 2 door coupe and had far less side glass area and outward vision but rules is rules I guess.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1374480)   #11
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not for you looking out its for people looking in, if you have a smash and the marshal comes from the rear he wont be able to see if your moving or not. Colin that is the sort of answer I would expect from someone with no common sense.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1374497)   #12
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
yes ok. true. wonder if the scrute that made me pickle off the very small letters from my car had the same reasoning in mind. anyhow. rules are rules and common sense is obviously lacking here! noticed some very large graphics adorning some rear windows this weekend.enough said!