Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jun 2006, 03:17 (Ref:1628944)   #1
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winton to go?!

just read in AA that winton could be off the calender next year! It would be a shame to see it go after such a brilliant weekend!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 03:38 (Ref:1628953)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could Shanghai be back on the cards?
Old 7 Jun 2006, 04:16 (Ref:1628959)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
Could Shanghai be back on the cards?
Very unlikely, the Chinese spent a fortune to make that happen and by most accounts, the return was very poor.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 05:36 (Ref:1628973)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
may be tc's homebush street race.i would like that them racing arroung the olympic park could get some good pictures.as i only live 10 minute away from eastern creek thats only another 10 so its only a 20 minute drive from my house so i will go every year.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 05:50 (Ref:1628978)   #5
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hrt Kid
just read in AA that winton could be off the calender next year! It would be a shame to see it go after such a brilliant weekend!

It didn't take long....
Old 7 Jun 2006, 05:56 (Ref:1628980)   #6
Flameho
Rookie

Flameho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shanghai will not come back. I just wish VE$A would admit it wasn't the raging success they purport it to be. Logistically it was a triumph however, and for that, I dips me lid.
Winton is a good little circuit, I wouldn't mind it to stay. BUT instead of SYD will we see a Townsville race?
And for heavens sakes, lets have a decent interval. 4 WEEKS is very average!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 06:33 (Ref:1628996)   #7
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would VESA be game to do it again. The fans voted with their attendance to Winton so why should it go. I think they would receive a backlash like never before it they did it again.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 06:59 (Ref:1629002)   #8
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was only back this time to fill the gap left by China....I don't think it was ever "back".
Old 7 Jun 2006, 07:20 (Ref:1629014)   #9
BigDaddy
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
BigDaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James63
It was only back this time to fill the gap left by China....I don't think it was ever "back".
you would know this because.....
Old 7 Jun 2006, 07:21 (Ref:1629015)   #10
Peak Revs
Rookie

Peak Revs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year was only ever promoted as a "one off", but options are always open eh?
Old 7 Jun 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1629057)   #11
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The official announcement that Winton was substituted for Shanghai had the term "once off" or equivalent about 17 times... however unless they are completely insane it will have to stay, surely!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1629082)   #12
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i think there needs to be a go between round somewhere between Sydney and Melbourne.. Maybe Winton and Wakefield Park could alternate
Old 7 Jun 2006, 09:27 (Ref:1629109)   #13
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Been to Wakefield Jason?
Old 7 Jun 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1629119)   #14
Flameho
Rookie

Flameho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, in between Melbourne and Sydney round eh?
Can anyone say Canberra???? Just like an argumnet on where to put a nations capital maybe?
Back to where the reverse grid began? Or one of its earliest forms anyway!

Yes, I am kidding
Old 7 Jun 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1629151)   #15
kosher_pig
Rookie

kosher_pig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much money has Qld gov got? eh?
Old 7 Jun 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1629213)   #16
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely with that record crowd (funny that) Winton has earnt its place on the calender.

But then again with VESA logic.........
Old 7 Jun 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1629532)   #17
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
Between Winton & Wakefield
Adam Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought things went extremely well
Old 7 Jun 2006, 23:08 (Ref:1629602)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
So did I , a very enjoyable weeend.

I sure hope its back at Winton next year
Old 8 Jun 2006, 04:57 (Ref:1629688)   #19
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
by all accounts here the event went very well......alll very nice.... lots of people... nice weather....lovely drive up or down......all the toilets worked....the car park was accessable...etc

but lets face it...from a TV views perpective it was boring uneveventful and really just cars driving around in indian file....that track is very hard to pass at second only to the gold coast and you wouldnt watch that if the indy cars werent there. Some people are passionate about this track because its very " technical" and has been around for a while but. It might be okay for go karts or car clubs but its not up to scratch for the V8's.

This race should have been at Eastern Creek...although the sydney sideres are a bit fickle and have a lot of trouble supporting local sporting events.

Please no more Winton
Old 8 Jun 2006, 06:03 (Ref:1629696)   #20
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT
...from a TV views perpective it was boring uneveventful and really just cars driving around in indian file....that track is very hard to pass at second only to the gold coast and you wouldnt watch that if the indy cars werent there. Some people are passionate about this track because its very " technical" and has been around for a while but. It might be okay for go karts or car clubs but its not up to scratch for the V8's.

This race should have been at Eastern Creek...although the sydney sideres are a bit fickle and have a lot of trouble supporting local sporting events.

Please no more Winton
It doesn't matter which track they're at, there are limited overtaking opportunities: the cars are so grip dependent and sensitive that if you're off the rubbered-up racing line, you've got no hope, so there go your braking opportunities for overtaking, there go your switchback opportunities. Make 'em less grippy so that being in the slot isn't so critical, and your overtaking opportunities multiply... even at Winton. I'd much prefer to see them there than the Paperclip, or the Creek...
Old 8 Jun 2006, 06:07 (Ref:1629697)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It might be okay for go karts or car clubs but its not up to scratch for the V8's.

Please no more Winton
You are kidding aren't you ?
Old 8 Jun 2006, 06:34 (Ref:1629706)   #22
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Silver GT]by all accounts here the event went very well......alll very nice.... lots of people... nice weather....lovely drive up or down......all the toilets worked....the car park was accessable...etc

but lets face it...from a TV views perpective it was boring uneveventful and really just cars driving around in indian file....that track is very hard to pass at second only to the gold coast and you wouldnt watch that if the indy cars werent there. Some people are passionate about this track because its very " technical" and has been around for a while but. It might be okay for go karts or car clubs but its not up to scratch for the V8's.

This race should have been at Eastern Creek...

Have you been to Eastern Creek?you can't see anything close up or get an overview to watch a dice,except maybe in the cold south-facing grandstand if you cough up more $$$.Its a great place for a pit wander at the historics or muscle car masters,but as a venue for something like Bathurst Lite its useless-thats why the Sydney people have learnt not to go,apart from the 101 ways they find to park you a kilometre from your intended viewing spot,stop you bringing in your own beer then provide 2 outlets for warm VB in a plastic cup for $5 and at the end of the day send you around and out one half opened gate to wait in the traffic.Forget it.Then you get home and see what you missed on the news...END OF RANT.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1629708)   #23
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
by all accounts here the event went very well......alll very nice.... lots of people... nice weather....lovely drive up or down......all the toilets worked....the car park was accessable...etc

Please no more Winton
there was plenty of passing there and there were some great scraps all through the field. Winton which is located in the country pulled a massive crowd, something that a circuit in the biggest population in australia couldnt do. Winton has provided some of the best racing this year and in the past! Go follow water polo or something silver gt.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1629747)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
he dosnt need to follow water polo, hes going to EC he be coping with all the rain they seem to have every time the v8's gp there

Do we remember Ingall and Skaife in 2003, all because skaige couldnt get passed, returned serve the next year and it was follow the leader ( just ingall didnt nerf him)
Old 8 Jun 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1629899)   #25
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep I have been to eastern creek.....actually I have been to nearly all the current race tracks.....and done laps at a few as well.

All I am saying is that from a viewers (TV) point of veiw......the racing at Eastern Creek is boring......maybe water polo would be more exciting to watch....i dont know

If you are satisfied with the racing as it was on the weekend then I guess you must be easily satisfied..........I for one was not nor were the people who I was watching the racing with.

I was suggesting Eastern creek as In my opinion provides a better spectical........actually I'm from Melbourne....so my preference would have been either Philip Island or Sandown....but not Winton