Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Sep 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2764636)   #1
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marquees/Gazebos

There are so many types out there, just wondering what brand/make marquees you guys are using. I once bought a cheap one from halfords and destroyed itself in the wind... Need to get one this wee so views and oppinons would be great.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 10:27 (Ref:2764638)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
If you have a Costco card then they do a good one made by Caravan, very sturdy and the same as the far more expensive EZup ones. Don't go for the cheap Chinese ones from ebay.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2764691)   #3
RF_Racer
Veteran

Im looking at two..

http://www.gazeboshop.co.uk/gazebo_s...t-shelter.html

or

http://www.tfhgazebos.com/3x4.5m-Com...Gazebos/69.htm

If anyone has any view about these?
Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2765040)   #4
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

I've PM'd you. I've just checked back through my old emails and this is the one I have....

http://www.galatent.co.uk/more_detai...ItemCode=06347

It was fine the one time I remember using it, but the bottom of the paddock at Brands on a nice weekend in May isn't the stiffest test!

Edit - or this one - http://www.galatent.co.uk/more_detai...ItemCode=08774 I've got a "Pro", but I don't know which!
Old 27 Sep 2010, 08:15 (Ref:2765297)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
This lot are quite good:

http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/

They're motorsport people too and have sponsored events so worth supporting
Old 3 Oct 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2768589)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Even the most expensive can be wrecked in a gale ! so a cheepo could be more cost effective even if it means buying a couple a year.
Some are heavy and take longer to put up and lug about than others, it really is a can of worms IMHO.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Oct 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2768636)   #7
RF_Racer
Veteran

Tell me about it.. I experienced that this weekend at Silverstone, the winds on Friday lifted my new Gazebo and moved it into the field from the copse paddock.. Even some of the all metal frame ones were moved about. I guess next time Ill find some shelter between a few trucks
Old 4 Oct 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2769077)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
We came back to the service area at Millbrook to discover our gazebo had leapt over the top of the transit. What made it slightly more disturbing was the fact that there was a wheel tied to each corner They really need nailing to the ground if possible.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2769112)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I normally tie them to the trailer/racebox/tow van or anything that wont move !
I had one wrecked in a freak storm at Snetterton when we were watching a race.
I asked the guys who were parked next to us why they didn't try and stop it, they said you must be joking, as they were trying to save there own it picked two of them up about 6ft in the air before they had to let it go !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !