Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Nov 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3685077)   #101
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well in the last week, booked le mans camping and tickets, spa accommodation and silverstone travel lodge , lets hope 2017 wec does not get cancelled
Old 4 Nov 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3685172)   #102
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just arrived home to a parcel from UPS containing my tickets for the 2017 Le Mans 24 Hours. Must be some kind of a record!
Old 4 Nov 2016, 09:02 (Ref:3685276)   #103
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Just arrived home to a parcel from UPS containing my tickets for the 2017 Le Mans 24 Hours. Must be some kind of a record!
Already? are you sure they are not 2016

anyway should get mine soon then, i know nadine has never let me down, but i still worry until i get them in my hands
Old 5 Nov 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3685480)   #104
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well in the last week, booked le mans camping and tickets, spa accommodation and silverstone travel lodge , lets hope 2017 wec does not get cancelled
Where are you staying for Spa? Fair few 2017 plans up in the air here but one way or another figure a Spa trip will likely to take place in some shape or form.
Old 5 Nov 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3685498)   #105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
we have booked the same place as we did for the classic, domaine long pre

it is a sort of country park near stavalot (kind of centre parks) chalets were basic, but not in them apart from sleeping really and the reception area has a basic restaurant and reasonable bar. The park is very rural and some facilities like swimming pool. main advantage is it is cheap got a 4/6 person chalet for 4 nights for 200 euro,s we will go thursday but might go back sunday or monday 4th night was basically free.

http://www.domainelongpre.be/en
Old 5 Nov 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3685564)   #106
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
it is a sort of country park near stavalot (kind of centre parks) chalets were basic, but not in them apart from sleeping really....

Good grief, you're going motor racing and staying in a chalet, you're going soft on me Simon......
Old 5 Nov 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3685570)   #107
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Looks like flying Lufthansa via Munich and arriving at CDG at a decent time of day with the TGV station a 10 min walk away is about 20 Euros cheaper than flying low-cost to Beauvais and arriving god-knows-when.
Old 6 Nov 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3685896)   #108
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Good grief, you're going motor racing and staying in a chalet, you're going soft on me Simon......
i know but in my defence camping at le mans is in cleanish well run sites with hundreds of friends and overlooking the great race, and it is warm, camping at silverstone/spa is not as appealling (but have done it).
Old 6 Nov 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3686044)   #109
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
If the weather in the Ardennes in May wouldn't be the weather in the Ardennes in May, I'd camp as well. But it being like it is, I'm happy being a namby pamby in my Gîte!
Old 6 Nov 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3686049)   #110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
i know but in my defence camping at le mans is in cleanish well run sites with hundreds of friends and overlooking the great race, and it is warm, camping at silverstone/spa is not as appealling (but have done it).
Me too, warm it certainly wasn't.......
Old 8 Nov 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3686557)   #111
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Looks like flying Lufthansa via Munich and arriving at CDG at a decent time of day with the TGV station a 10 min walk away is about 20 Euros cheaper than flying low-cost to Beauvais and arriving god-knows-when.
You planning to arrive on Wednesday, Victor? Staying in the international camp? I'll be arriving to that camp on Wednesday. Our crew gets to France on the Friday before scrutineering. I'm also flying through Munich.

See you there!
Old 9 Nov 2016, 07:24 (Ref:3686683)   #112
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
You planning to arrive on Wednesday, Victor? Staying in the international camp? I'll be arriving to that camp on Wednesday. Our crew gets to France on the Friday before scrutineering. I'm also flying through Munich.

See you there!
Tuesday, and yes, via Munich.
Old 15 Nov 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3688247)   #113
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferry booked!
Old 15 Nov 2016, 19:47 (Ref:3688335)   #114
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
ups email arrived so tickets should be with me tomorrow
Old 16 Nov 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3688570)   #115
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Happy bunny here, tickets just delivered, now in my grubby hands are 4 priceless tertre rouge camping passes and 4 ge's
Old 20 Nov 2016, 17:32 (Ref:3689770)   #116
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Happy bunny here, tickets just delivered, now in my grubby hands are 4 priceless tertre rouge camping passes and 4 ge's
I remember, not so long ago, it was very stressful waiting for our tickets to arrive only few weeks before start of LM 24. Haha ha those were the days
Old 20 Nov 2016, 18:39 (Ref:3689781)   #117
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes it seems very strange having the tickets in hand with 7 months to go until the race, but what the heck saves all that "have i got what i asked for" worries
Old 21 Nov 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3689937)   #118
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually... I haven't heard back from Nadine yet ... off to chase now.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3691918)   #119
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Got confirmation from my agent (1st Tickets) that Tertre Rouge and Dunlop are allocated to me - so it's not quite at Simon's stage of having them in hands but pretty confident I know where I'm likely to be in mid-June.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 08:35 (Ref:3691989)   #120
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Got confirmation from my agent (1st Tickets) that Tertre Rouge and Dunlop are allocated to me - so it's not quite at Simon's stage of having them in hands but pretty confident I know where I'm likely to be in mid-June.
good news have you sorted silverstone and spa yet?
Old 29 Nov 2016, 10:39 (Ref:3692022)   #121
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
good news have you sorted silverstone and spa yet?
Haven't sorted those two yet - couple of detail elements of 2017 still up in the air, but should resolve themselves in next couple of weeks and then I can get things booked up.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3692030)   #122
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Once I arrive, set up and catch up with Kenn's group, I shall meet you guys as well for a drink on Tuesday evening next to the campsite then.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3692056)   #123
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Once I arrive, set up and catch up with Kenn's group, I shall meet you guys as well for a drink on Tuesday evening next to the campsite then.
on tuesday you will probably get into TR without to much trouble
Old 29 Nov 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3692128)   #124
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
on tuesday you will probably get into TR without to much trouble
I think we're not planning to get there until Wednesday. However I've never visited TR campsite, I'd like to check it out if possible.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3692154)   #125
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I think we're not planning to get there until Wednesday. However I've never visited TR campsite, I'd like to check it out if possible.
you will be warmly welcomed, on wednesday/thursday you will usually see someone watching qually outside the main entry gate to the campsite you will know, but we will almost certainly be camped against the wall directly opposite the entrance. will let you know cars so that you can spot us when i know what we are taking. security is usually tight but most people manage to convince them they are only visiting and get let in.