Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jul 2015, 22:03 (Ref:3555279)   #51
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Been lucky to drive lots of cars but I had the best fun ever in the little Arnott at the weekend .. We had the spare rebuilt engine in and I had hoped for great things . Sadley not to be as it would not pull over 5000 rpm . The car is so much fun to drive and all the 500 Croud are just do nice and helpfull . In qualy I broke down at the hairpin and as I pulled of the track there was another 500 parked up and then we were joined by our. Rey own rudolf . Lots of banter with Marshall's and recovery guys great job and thanks if you read this . Anyway ended up p7 just behind a slim Stuart SW. Ballistics . The great thing about a 500 is when it fires up . You need a started that spins the engine this is done by driving the rear wheel after you have put the engine on compression . All very complicated if line me you don't know what your doing . Assembly area and just before we go on 1 minut board she does not want to go . I got out on track at the tail end and should of worked my way through the field vack up to p7. Don't know why but I thought I will stay at the back . Had a great race passed a couple of cars and then with a couple of laps to go caught up Andrew Turner son of the winner John . Not enough time to get pass and added to the fact that after 20 min in the car being shaken to death I had double double vision and was not sure which apex I should of been driving on . I said to Alan that coming of a five week trip of racing around Europe I might be disappointed to race at Cadwell . I was wrong . Thanks again for the pictures Gazza