Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Apr 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2453129)   #1
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Silverstone 9 & 10 May

Lets get this one started!

Entry list has appeared today on HSCC website with some familiar names from this forum and many of the usual suspects. Entry doesn't appear too much affected by Masters at Donington, or CSCC at Brands.

Looks like this will be a quality club meeting - a sector HSCC inhabits so well. Fun to be had by all. Last year this was one of the better meetings.

Hope to be busier on the Blue flag than the Yellow - both got plenty of exercise at Abbey last time. May Andy Shepherd spend more time on track and less on the sidelines and may more rubber stay on the tyres than on the track for those braking for Abbey!

See you all there.
Old 1 May 2009, 07:19 (Ref:2453399)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes I am reallly looking forward to this - two 1 hour races in two days and testing on the Friday. We are out on Saturday Guards Trophy in the Merlyn and Sunday' Flavien race in the Turner Climax
Old 1 May 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2453403)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Testing Friday Simon have we got you worried.
Old 1 May 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2453406)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
hahah no its more to make sure that the Turner works properly as the first time I sit in it is the Classic Media day on the Wednesday - Terry then said he might as well stay there for the weekend so the Merlyn might as well test as well ;o) Let me assure you it will not make me any quicker or braver in the race!!!
Old 1 May 2009, 07:33 (Ref:2453411)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Great stuff. I hope to catch up with some 10/10 people have not met yet.Well donefor getting this one started Flagie.Im in the yellow Elite in Guards race and Flavians if you want you can give me a wave with your blue flag. Eddy does that at Spa . "works well "
Old 1 May 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2453421)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
looks like a great entry. good to dee multiple entries of same/similar marques in sensible quantities, ie 3 or 4 in some races . . . should make for entertaining close racing through the fields
Old 1 May 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2453646)   #7
The Flagman
Racer

So that I can be fully prepared with my flag for Delta could I ask the audience whether he will be lapping everybody or being lapped?

Would love to meet up with other posters at lunch time but I don't think there will be one - either day! Might wear orange romper suit this year - last year it was too hot and reverted to Tshirt and shorts - definitely not on-post dress code.

With a bit of luck should be with my favourite Post Chief - if so be careful he is well observant and his neck can rotate like an owl - never misses a thing. Until I tell him what he should have seen.

Clerks give us targets for bookings so the fines can cross subsidise meeting costs - just like traffic wardens...Not enough collected so far this year - perhaps time for some nominees from the driver community?

Make sure you wave on slowing down lap or you may be on the list.
Old 2 May 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2454195)   #8
banbury
Rookie

banbury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`ll wave.

Car #57 70s Roadsports.
Old 4 May 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2455456)   #9
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And me car 5 hff 1600 you guys do a great job
Old 5 May 2009, 05:48 (Ref:2455589)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Can you let us know what post you will be on Flagman please.
Old 6 May 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2456475)   #11
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flagman, I promise to wave - thanks for your efforts, and I hope not to cause you or your colleagues any trouble!

James
HRS #31 Dark Blue TR5
Old 6 May 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2456495)   #12
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Can you let us know what post you will be on Flagman please.

Flagman doesn't know because I haven't done the allocations yet!!

See you all at the weekend. If your lucky I will not be giving any of the prizes out, however if I get bored and decide to push Grahame out of the way beware!!
Old 6 May 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2456503)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
Flagman, I promise to wave - thanks for your efforts, and I hope not to cause you or your colleagues any trouble!

James
HRS #31 Dark Blue TR5
James if we did not cause ant trouble our very dear freinds in orange would get blooming borred.
Old 6 May 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2456736)   #14
The Flagman
Racer

What Fay says about allocations is true - we don't actually know until sign on - all part of the mystery. I asked quite nicely so am hoping for a place with an ecclesiastical connection. Not Chapel cos we'll be on the shorter circuit. Not Church - thats another circuit.

On t'inside watching the latest of late brakers and trying to do the 270 degree vision thing.

It really doesn't matter where I am as long as the racers, supporters and all officials have a fun weekend - we all appreciate a bit of banter, maybe a little work to do and some interaction with other folk.

Cheers
Old 6 May 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2456786)   #15
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Flagman!
You can come and have a chat at lunchtime as I am back racing this year.
If I look like I am under pressure fron the others could you wave a yellow so they can not overtake?
See you on Friday Delta!
Trotty
Old 7 May 2009, 07:06 (Ref:2456970)   #16
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm considering entering 70s roadsports later this year. I can only get to Silverstone on Saturday. Does anyone know if any 70s cars will be in the paddock Saturday PM (their practice is Sunday) for me to have a sniff around?
Old 7 May 2009, 07:12 (Ref:2456974)   #17
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure to be some there from Sat lunchtime onwards
Old 7 May 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2457189)   #18
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD.T View Post
Hi Flagman!
You can come and have a chat at lunchtime as I am back racing this year.
If I look like I am under pressure fron the others could you wave a yellow so they can not overtake?
See you on Friday Delta!
Trotty
Hi Richard

I heard you were back. I guess you will be down to see us some time before your race!!

Fay
Old 7 May 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2457207)   #19
RICHARD.T
Racer

Hi Fay
We are the second race but I hope to see you at the start of the first to get my brain back into gear as it has been 18 months since my last race.
I look forward to seeing you!
Trotty
Old 7 May 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2457233)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
What Brain.
Old 7 May 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2457251)   #21
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Just a reminder, because I know you will all get it wrong. The 1 x 1 grid are the straight white lines. The 2 x 2 grid are the yellow markings on the same lines as the red markings (3 x 2). For rolling starts be behind each other, but you can use the yellow and red to show you how far apart you should be.

If you all get in the right position I will be amazed!!
Old 7 May 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2457259)   #22
simon drabble
Veteran

Are Guards and Flavien's race rolling starts? Weather looks like no rain all weekend with a small bit tomorrow lunch. Done my insuarance so now can relax and look forward to testing tomorrow!
Old 7 May 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2457272)   #23
RICHARD.T
Racer

I have just got the regs out to see what the grid formation is!
It is 1x1 whatever that means. I must look out for straight white lines! I think there might be a lot of straight white lines though.
Thanks Delta! The one I use to spell with.
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Old 7 May 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2457275)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Crikey Fay I'm Evan more confused.
Old 7 May 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2457289)   #25
simon drabble
Veteran

have the tickets gone out yet? I have been in London all week but they hadn't arrived last weekend