Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 May 2000, 23:00 (Ref:1904)   #1
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now with those comments it is easy to tell who has developed an Ego problem.

Now it is simply a matter of who will be the best of two evils for the world championship.

Mika you should be shamefull

This may make it davids last year at Mclaren I guess.
Old 26 May 2000, 10:03 (Ref:1903)   #2
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-Mika Hakkinen has said that David Coulthard will never be able to challenge his supremacy in the McLaren team. Speaking in today's Autosport Hakkinen said: “David is at the limit with his speed, and with that he is behind me. End of discussion. Even if he wins a few races, he would become a better, but not quicker, driver. Coulthard is upset that Hakkinen chose to make the comments in public and it’s clear that the Scot feels betrayed by the world champion. “He’s entitled to his opinion,” said Coulthard, “Naturally, it’s not one I share. I am very disappointed. After everything I have done for him, I can’t believe that he would say something like that.”-(itv-f1.com/news)

I don't know about you, but this looks pretty serious to me...
Old 26 May 2000, 12:17 (Ref:1905)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Mika should indeed be shameful - the last grain of respect I had for the man disappeared when I read that in Autosport the other day.

Can you imagine how DC must have felt when he heard that, coming from his own team-mate?

Mika needs to buck up his ideas - he's hardly starred so far this season, unlike DC, who has impressed even me so far in 2000. Perhaps this season DC will show us what he can really do in the McLaren.

DOWN WITH MIKA, YOU NASTY NASTY MAN.

Old 26 May 2000, 16:10 (Ref:1906)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When a driver goes public and shouts down the capabilities of a competitor, he only does it for one reason - they're worried. It has become part of F1 in recent years that drivers try to out-psych each other off the track, as well as on - remember Hill vs Schumacher ? Prost vs Senna ? If Hakkinen is trying to psych out Coulthard, he is only doing it for one reason - he knows his crown is slipping and wants to unsettle DC. Unfortunately for him, I think that DC is made of sterner stuff nowadays.
Old 26 May 2000, 21:00 (Ref:1907)   #5
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right: a desperate man indeed. What ARE you playing at Mikka. I happen to think you've over stepped the mark. Your simply playing into Schumi's hands.
Old 27 May 2000, 00:17 (Ref:1908)   #6
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fatbloke is right. These are the words of a man who's lost a bit of self-confidence.
When everything is going like planned and you know you don't have to fear your team-mate, he's probably your 'best friend'.
But whenever it doesn't go your way and your team-mate seems stronger than ever you become frustrated.
Could this be the first sign they won't be driving for the same team next year?
Old 27 May 2000, 01:35 (Ref:1909)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One of the things that I always liked about Mika was that he seemed to be fair and to be a gentleman- oh well.
DC has certainly shown that he's got a lot more grace this season.
Old 27 May 2000, 01:39 (Ref:1910)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this a red flag to the bull or what? Will DC be qualifying his heart out in Monaco, and will he finish the race ahead of The Crankier Than Ever One, and will he bring this up in the Press Conference?

DC will not bring that up again. But I would.
Old 28 May 2000, 00:54 (Ref:1911)   #9
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is being written is probably out of context, I can't imagine Mika saying that. I cant imagine he uses a word like "supremacy" or more that 3 word per intreview.

But I kinda hope that he actually said it, it was a long time we seen a feud among team-mates in the top, I think it would make this season come alive. And hopefully some new drivers in the MacLaren for next year.
Old 28 May 2000, 10:39 (Ref:1912)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fatbloke you are right !
And we can see that DC is overcoming, Cranky Mika is losing his ground. We can remenber his Monza breakdown, and for me at least, he is in a mind game with himself. It is a well known tactic trying to get self confidence destroying the mate's.
I know it doesn't seen Mika's way he is out of his bounds...
Old 29 May 2000, 06:16 (Ref:1913)   #11
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree entirely with the context of this topic... Hakkinen is obviously starting to feel uncomfortable. Which bunny is chasing which now?

Is it my imagination...or is Coulthard driving a little better since his plane accident?

Who WILL be the drivers at McLaren next year? who is young and talented, but insecure enough to be Ron's whipping boy?
Old 29 May 2000, 08:04 (Ref:1914)   #12
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we have to recognize that these guys are all supremely egotistical and, when threatened, defensive and ruthless.

Mika's comments reflect his insecurities: You can bet your last dollar he knows DC is right on his gearbox now just waiting for the right moment.
Old 29 May 2000, 15:51 (Ref:1915)   #13
Jo
Rookie

Jo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion of Mika is slipping more and more - I think he's completely losing the mental battle that's going on and all the time Coulthard is coming into his element. We've alreay seen him outqualify Mika - that alleged master of qualifying. The more DC outdoes his team mate the better. Mika's sportmanship has gone and he knows this is the first year he could have been world champion not by default - and there's no chance of that!!!
Old 29 May 2000, 16:19 (Ref:1916)   #14
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or could it be...

Mika is trying to motivate his teammate. Or is that giving to much credit for having some brains in the McLaren camp!
Old 3 Jun 2000, 17:40 (Ref:1917)   #15
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, he succeeded! He's either motivated or pbeeped! Supposed Mika is overtaking Frenzy, what next? Austria anyone?
Old 3 Jun 2000, 18:30 (Ref:1918)   #16
Redneck
Racer

Reporter: Mr. Hakkinen... how does that shoe leather taste?

Mika: ..mmmpphh hdfuhtl mmmmrrrphhh

Reporter: Do you think that you will be able to save face by passing your team mate at Monaco?

Mika: ....pphh rmmppphhh rrr mmmmpppphhh!!!!

Reporter: Thank you Mr. Hakkinen for that most intriguing response. We will be sure to follow up with more of your intelligent perspectives.

[This message has been edited by Redneck (edited 03 June 2000).]
Old 3 Jun 2000, 18:34 (Ref:1919)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And do you think the menu at McLaren tonight will include hefty servings of CROW?

Thanks Rednek that was hilarious!
Old 4 Jun 2000, 22:46 (Ref:1920)   #18
Redneck
Racer

POST RACE INTERVIEW:

Reporter: Mr Hakkinen... you were lapped by your teammate. Do you still stand behind your pre-race statement?

Mika: mmmrrrpphhhaaaatt fowuuuuuu!!!!

Reporter: He was even gracious in his post race interview and still considered you to be the No. 1 driver on the team. How do you respond to that?

Mika: ppphhhhrrrroommmmm isssssssss mmmurrrrrphrrrrmmm
Old 6 Jun 2000, 14:26 (Ref:15826)   #19
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have loved to see DC show some hand signals as he lapped the Finn.
Probably a fine for that though.