Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Sep 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3300227)   #51
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He'll do that anyway, John!
Old 9 Sep 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3300955)   #52
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still have 1 more double room available at the Ship Hotel in Chichester for the Revival. It is a 3 night package. Please let me know if interested.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3300981)   #53
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All rooms now gone.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3302588)   #54
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
A friend has tickets available if needed. PM me.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3302659)   #55
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having been on the look out for tickets I have now ended up with spare ones for Friday and Saturday. I am leaving this pm to go there for the w/e so call me on 07949 192 562 if interested.

Thanks Roger, for the offer of rooms etc but I did not have tickets at the time i could have accepted your offer - I now have accomodation and tickets !
Old 12 Sep 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3302662)   #56
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
pack your sou'wester for tomorrow!
Old 12 Sep 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3302953)   #57
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
pack your sou'wester for tomorrow!
Old 12 Sep 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3302968)   #58
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Mrs S and I will be there tomorrow probably huddling under a brolly
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Sep 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3302973)   #59
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saturday only for me
Old 12 Sep 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3302986)   #60
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Breaking News - Delta to race in this year's Revival

A smiling Delta appeared at the cricket match this afternoon sporting his 'driver' tag.

A last minute call from John Chisholm means that Iain will be in the Lotus 18 as John has done his back in.

Will be interesting to hear how he gets on with the Lotus's infamous queerbox - no doubt we'll hear in due course.

Lastest weather forecast is a little more promising. Hopefully will be dry for my practice at 10.10 tomorrow.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3302993)   #61
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear John is out, he really has had more than his fair share of bad luck since Goodwood 2013, but wonderful to hear Iain is in.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3303055)   #62
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Iain. It's an ill wind and all that.......but about time!

I wasn't planning to go but if you now find yourself with a spare mechanic's armband ......
Old 13 Sep 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3303117)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just leaving home for Goody and it is pouring down here. Hopefully drier by time I get to circuit.

Chuffed that John C has offered the 18 to Iain, looking forward to seeing him in race suit rather than mechanics gear!

Old 13 Sep 2013, 14:30 (Ref:3303383)   #64
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Qualifying times so far:-

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club&...eventid=133721
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3303401)   #65
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Free live video on http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/re...streaming.aspx

Spotted Joe's car just now.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3303420)   #66
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Eww, that's made a mess of the Maserati.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3303427)   #67
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Again, isn't that? Just in practice, too, not even qually.

Which race is Iain in?
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3303436)   #68
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same livestream on Youtube, if you i-Device doesn't like the Goodwood page (like mine does).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb33wwHBYBY
Old 13 Sep 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3303445)   #69
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Is this streaming on all weekend, excellent if it is as it saves watching the useless ITV4 program.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3303447)   #70
midgetman
Veteran

The best part is it focuses on the racing, not what everyone's wearing
Old 13 Sep 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3303456)   #71
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Managed to get a ticket for Saturday at the last minute, does anyone know if there is an entry list somewhere?
Old 13 Sep 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3303463)   #72
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A pleasing qually for Iain by the look of things, 12th and the gearbox lasted 9 laps!
Old 13 Sep 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3303493)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
A pleasing qually for Iain by the look of things, 12th and the gearbox lasted 9 laps!
Iain's qualifying session was short as red flagged after few minutes. He looked smooth in the car coming through chicane but was not happy about his handling of the 'queerbox'! But as we know he is a bit of a perfectionist....

Watched James hrstr5 spin the Elva turning into Woodcote, and then having another moment on half damp track! All in one piece though.

Unfortunately sounds like the Lotus X of my friends Malcolm Paul and Rick Bourne was pushed off into the bank during very damp Freddie March race at end of day. Only going from radio commentary as was leaving car park at the time. Don't know how Brian A was getting on in his Lotus. Will get onto YouTube!

Edit- just looked at TSL. Brian P7 on Madgwick Cup grid.

From weather now looks like left the circuit just in time....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 13 Sep 2013 at 18:42. Reason: Addition
Old 13 Sep 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3303520)   #74
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Any minuit now Mrs Delta going to wake me up. This must all be a dream,Im at Goodwood in assembly area ,just going to drive th ex Jim Clark Lotus 18, Sir John Surtees on my left in his old Lotus 18,on the right is Sir Stirling with Tony Brooks in an Aston Martin. Anyway me and Stirling exchange thumbs up and he shouts over,"have you done the wheel nuts up"
Old 13 Sep 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3303536)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Definatly a dream as I bumped into Gordon