Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Apr 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3816509)   #51
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
The idea was to visit in 2018 to see the last of the V8s prior to the turbod edition.
How wrong I was

2019 looking even better !!!!!!!!
Hehehe you never know the V8s may get the gig they have been threatening to get supporting the Singapore GP and you can kill two birds with one stone.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3816595)   #52
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hehehe you never know the V8s may get the gig they have been threatening to get supporting the Singapore GP and you can kill two birds with one stone.
Thats the plan going forward for me E.B after this event
Old 20 Apr 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3816613)   #53
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thats the plan going forward for me E.B after this event
Probably easier (and no more $) for you to get to Singapore than Bathurst from your side of the country
Old 20 Apr 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3816642)   #54
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Probably easier (and no more $) for you to get to Singapore than Bathurst from your side of the country
Hmmm Singas can be quite pricey at times.
Bathurst isnt an expensive deal for me, the most expensive thing for the trip is the corporate ticket !!!!! The rest is cheap as chips
Old 6 May 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3820317)   #55
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Question:

Anyone purchased memberships to take advantage of Bathurst options? if so ? Preferably HOLDEN Teams for me
Old 9 Jun 2018, 09:16 (Ref:3827800)   #56
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
PIT Tour Booked and Confirmed for 888 RBRA

tick !
Old 10 Jun 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3828059)   #57
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would Renee be coming?
Old 11 Jun 2018, 04:43 (Ref:3828262)   #58
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Would Renee be coming?
She wishes
Old 29 Jun 2018, 04:36 (Ref:3833531)   #59
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
I believe Camp Site applications opened up today for anyone who is interested
Old 29 Jun 2018, 04:43 (Ref:3833532)   #60
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
and more additional sites as well

https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...hurst-1053059/
Old 29 Jun 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3833630)   #61
Kris!
Rookie

Kris! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys,

Me and 2 friends are coming over to watch in October and have booked Flights, Tickets, Campground and booked a Motor-home for the trip

When the Motor-home Campground tickets went on sale earlier today most had already been pre-booked, meaning there was only 24 spaces left and they sold out within minutes.
Luckily I was sat waiting so bagged a spot before they went.....phew!!!

Cant wait as it's our first time, and to make it a bit different from the norm we are coming over from the UK for 7 days just to watch it
Old 30 Jun 2018, 00:30 (Ref:3833701)   #62
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Kris,

Just don’t wear sandals and sox at the mountain!

Apart from that you will have a great time, just watch out for drop bears and HRT fans.
Old 30 Jun 2018, 05:08 (Ref:3833712)   #63
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

After subscribing to ticketek notifications for camping and checking every day for weeks I'm a little disappointed I missed out on a Motorhome Park spot.

So i had a look at the new Orchid site and grabbed the last powered site.
My concern is it states it is small and we will be in a 3berth campervan.

Any thoughts or comments from Bathurst campers about the sizes of the circuit campsites ??
Old 30 Jun 2018, 05:27 (Ref:3833716)   #64
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Hi All

After subscribing to ticketek notifications for camping and checking every day for weeks I'm a little disappointed I missed out on a Motorhome Park spot.

So i had a look at the new Orchid site and grabbed the last powered site.
My concern is it states it is small and we will be in a 3berth campervan.

Any thoughts or comments from Bathurst campers about the sizes of the circuit campsites ??
Just found this, and might be of use to others....
http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net...AMP18_FAQs.pdf

The Orchard Campground
Located outside the circuit an extension of the Chase Campground. These are new sites in 2018.
Perfect for easy camping with reasonably flat ground, toilets and showers available on site. With
close to 100 of these sites offering power (15amp single connection per site). The smaller powered
sites are approximately 7.5x7.5m with the larger sites being approximately 15x6m, perfect for
Motorhomes. All sites on Grass. Campsite entry is available via Gate 15A with the best event entry
being via Gate 19 and Gate 21.

The camper is 7metres so should be all good

Thanks also to SANDGROPER for posting the info and link to new site

Getting excited!
Old 30 Jun 2018, 06:37 (Ref:3833720)   #65
Kris!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Hi Kris,

Just don’t wear sandals and sox at the mountain!

Apart from that you will have a great time, just watch out for drop bears and HRT fans.
Luckily I am not at the 'Sandal and Sock' wearing age yet so I should be fine

Quote:
Hi All

Like you I was on the Ticketek waiting list and never had any notifications, so was lucky I kept checking back every couple of days!

Last edited by Kris!; 30 Jun 2018 at 06:42.
Old 30 Jun 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3833753)   #66
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris! View Post
Like you I was on the Ticketek waiting list and never had any notifications, so was lucky I kept checking back every couple of days!

Yes receiving no notifications was poor but good for you bud, you nabbed a spot.
I was watching too so am grateful I got a powered site in the end, literally the last blue square available.
Feels good to have it sorted
Old 30 Jun 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3833755)   #67
Kris!
Rookie

Quote:
Yes receiving no notifications was poor but good for you bud, you nabbed a spot.
I was watching too so am grateful I got a powered site in the end, literally the last blue square available.
Absolutely....I think the other 2 in my group thought I was being a bit over the top by waiting online for the minute the bookings went live, but it proved to be a wise move after all

That was the last piece in the puzzle for us (I think anyway) so just counting down the days now
Old 1 Jul 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3833977)   #68
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Great news you all got your camp site accommodation.

Me personally doesn't actually stay at the track. I stay about 50 mins away from the circuit.

Hi Kris, I think I have 3 Bathurst threads for my 3 journerys travelling from Western Australia I had so many questions for my own trip. This being my 3rd I feel well educated with much assistance from our fellow tentenths viewers. If you need any questions answered please dont hesitate to ask.

IM all sorted now, just counting down the weeks.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3834013)   #69
Kris!
Rookie

Quote:
Great news you all got your camp site accommodation.

Hi Kris, I think I have 3 Bathurst threads for my 3 journerys travelling from Western Australia I had so many questions for my own trip. This being my 3rd I feel well educated with much assistance from our fellow tentenths viewers. If you need any questions answered please dont hesitate to ask.

IM all sorted now, just counting down the weeks.
Much appreciated and i'm sure I will have a few questions in the coming weeks (Will have a look over some of your previous trips as well as i'm sure there's loads of stuff I've not though about for the trip)
Old 2 Jul 2018, 03:00 (Ref:3834254)   #70
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well done lad.

I thought I was quick off the mark but the powered sites were gonski.

Found a pair of 7.5x7.5 sites so that allows stacks of room...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 2 Jul 2018, 04:34 (Ref:3834260)   #71
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I registered with Ticketek, it was the only reminder I got - there were bugger all sites available on the top of the hill, I wanted 4 sites together, I had no hope, the 'system' wouldn't let me book 4 at once, so I missed getting any on the top of the hill. I was getting ****ing angry. I have done this before, but a few years ago and it was pretty simple.

After an hour and a half of trying and getting angrier and angrier I rang Ticketek Newcastle (an interstate call for me) and booked them through them, the lady at the other end had all sorts of trouble as well, in the end she had to ring head office to get them - she was pretty ****ed as well. I finished up getting 4 in a row in The Chase

All the top of the mountain was sold out in 30 mins on Friday arvo - the only way to get 4 sites together was to ring Ticketek direct

Seriously considering just buying one site each year just to stay at the top of the list, even if we don't go
Old 2 Jul 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3834262)   #72
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I registered with Ticketek, it was the only reminder I got - there were bugger all sites available on the top of the hill, I wanted 4 sites together, I had no hope, the 'system' wouldn't let me book 4 at once, so I missed getting any on the top of the hill. I was getting ****ing angry. I have done this before, but a few years ago and it was pretty simple.

After an hour and a half of trying and getting angrier and angrier I rang Ticketek Newcastle (an interstate call for me) and booked them through them, the lady at the other end had all sorts of trouble as well, in the end she had to ring head office to get them - she was pretty ****ed as well. I finished up getting 4 in a row in The Chase

All the top of the mountain was sold out in 30 mins on Friday arvo - the only way to get 4 sites together was to ring Ticketek direct

Seriously considering just buying one site each year just to stay at the top of the list, even if we don't go
Good work Trev, sometimes Technology just cant cope and the phone call is the simple solution. We always wonder around the top of the mountain camp sites on Friday or Saturday to see the weird and wonderful sites, decorations and the people. Love the smell of the campfire.

Glad you got it sorted.
Old 2 Jul 2018, 04:50 (Ref:3834263)   #73
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crazy system.

If you want 2 together you have to book one and pay for it.

Then log out and log back in to buy the second one and hope like hell someone else hasn't already bought it...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 2 Jul 2018, 05:55 (Ref:3834266)   #74
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Crazy system.

Then log out and log back in to buy the second one and hope like hell someone else hasn't already bought it...

yep Yep tried that for a number of the ticketing websites. Painfull
Old 2 Jul 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3834342)   #75
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Crazy system.

they were going that fast I didn't have a chance to do that, most times it wouldn't let me back, just a red box at the top of the page. Plus the bloody system randomly selected sites so the chances of getting 2 or more together was almost impossible

I wonder how many complaints Supercars will get - heaps I hope