Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Aug 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1690201)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
W.R.C. to Brisbane..(Qld)

Posting this up so when it's moved you will see it...

Quote:
BRISBANE is set to replace Perth as home for the Australian leg of the world rally championship from next year.
A
Quote:
new promoter has won the right to stage the event in Brisbane for the next five years - pending approval from the international governing body, the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) announced today.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Aug 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1691080)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah thanks Retro , Now in future can you place it in the correct location please
Old 25 Aug 2006, 02:14 (Ref:1691162)   #3
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker

It will never be as good as the Rally in Perth! I wasn't suprised but I was very anoyed when I heard it went to a Eastern state. At lease it didn't got to NSW or VIC. Stupid useless WA goverment. Thanks for nothing. Its reaons like this that this is a boring state. No Motor Racing or anything else. I live in a state that is about as exiting at NT. At least theres a round in Australia. I thought there wasn't going to be a round in Australia on next years calndar.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 04:32 (Ref:1691176)   #4
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never had the chance to make it to Rally Australia but have done RoQ a few times. What stages did you go and see? Is the super stage any good or are they better out in the open?

I don't know where in Brisbane it will be but I can't wait to get out and see these bad boys in anger .. only ever seen mockup cars at the motorshow. Still need to get confirmed for '07.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 03:09 (Ref:1691868)   #5
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookleft
I never had the chance to make it to Rally Australia but have done RoQ a few times. What stages did you go and see? Is the super stage any good or are they better out in the open?

I don't know where in Brisbane it will be but I can't wait to get out and see these bad boys in anger .. only ever seen mockup cars at the motorshow. Still need to get confirmed for '07.
I have only been to a Rally once. I went to last years Rally Australia. I watched the Perth City Super 1 and Perth City Super 2 on Thursday and the Perth City Super 5 and Perth City Super 6 on Saturday. I also met some drivers at the Rally show on Thursday. I thought it was great. I also plan on going this year too.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1699176)   #6
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So 50km from Brisbane at a permanent venue - that has to be a typo - more like 150km. Since when has a WRC had a "permanent venue" or do they mean service park/super special stage.

Can anyone shed any more light on this event or when we might get more information. Who are the new promotors appointed by CAMS ?. Surely the governing body would not sign such a long term deal with unknowns.

Would they ?
Old 1 Sep 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1699214)   #7
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook
So 50km from Brisbane at a permanent venue - that has to be a typo - more like 150km. Since when has a WRC had a "permanent venue" or do they mean service park/super special stage.

Can anyone shed any more light on this event or when we might get more information. Who are the new promotors appointed by CAMS ?. Surely the governing body would not sign such a long term deal with unknowns.

Would they ?
As we reported in last weeks In Pit Lane the company IQG Rally Events was only registered last Wednesday week the day before the announcement, CAMS refuse to give any details about the company and the people behind it who are two men from Western Australia. Each own one share of the company for $1.00!
Queensland Major Events knew nothing of the plan and in fact asked me to send them a copy of the release. CAMS say that more info wil be made available during this years rally apart from that it's definatly No Comment.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 05:48 (Ref:1753259)   #8
spook
Veteran

Change of Venue ??

I noted that Bill Woods mentioned quite a few times during the Rally Australia telecast that the new home of the WRC Round in 2008 would be the "Gold Coast, Queensland".

Seems BrisVegas has fallen off the radar !

Still no "official" Press Release yet.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 06:13 (Ref:1753268)   #9
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest rumour is that the event will be on the black stuff and not gravel.!!!!!
Old 30 Oct 2006, 06:25 (Ref:1753269)   #10
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find that hard to believe.
Not saying it couldn't happen, but Aus has no provenance with tarmac... no cars either
Besides, there are already too many tarmac events!
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1753359)   #11
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift
I find that hard to believe.
Not saying it couldn't happen, but Aus has no provenance with tarmac... no cars either
Besides, there are already too many tarmac events!
MMmmmm...Targa Tasmania, Classic Adelaide, Mt Buller and the soon to be Sun Coast Classic in Queensland to name a few!!! and there has been lots of discussion of running an ARC round on tarmac!!!

Not sure what you mean about no cars? But just have a look at what Subaru Aust. and Mitsubishi Aust. are doing at present........

Interesting point is that on rallysport magazine website last night there was an article regarding Rally Oz going Tarmac, but that article has since been removed. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1753467)   #12
Christopher
Racer

Australia
Peak Crossing, Queensland.
Christopher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

There's this road called the Lions Road between Beaudesert QLD and Kyogle in NSW that my brother and I think would make a great rally course and when we found out the WRC was heading to QLD we joked that it'll be on the Lions Road. Now it looks like it's heading to the Gold Coast, and rumours of tarmac (Lions Road all Tarmac) we're getting half excited that a few stages could be somewhere near Lions. After watching Rally OZ and learning that some stages are miles apart, it's making us getting our hopes up.

http://www.paramountpublicationhouse...eLionsRoad.htm
Old 30 Oct 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1753497)   #13
spook
Veteran

Location - Location - Location !

I heard only today that Kooralbin Resort is regarded as being in the "Gold Coast Hinterland". Plenty of space for a service park, and it's own Airport too !

Just down the road from the LIONS ROAD turnoff. !
Old 30 Oct 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1753582)   #14
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
The news just out sounds very interesting, no mention of a tarmac event but some other very interesting ideas and concepts. Check out the ARC web site for further details.
Roll on Sept 2008.......
Old 1 Nov 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1755169)   #15
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Rev
MMmmmm...Targa Tasmania, Classic Adelaide, Mt Buller and the soon to be Sun Coast Classic in Queensland to name a few!!! and there has been lots of discussion of running an ARC round on tarmac!!!

Not sure what you mean about no cars? But just have a look at what Subaru Aust. and Mitsubishi Aust. are doing at present........

Interesting point is that on rallysport magazine website last night there was an article regarding Rally Oz going Tarmac, but that article has since been removed. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Chardonney rallies don't really count... they are a long way away from ARC standard, leave alone WRC standard.
(This is not to belittle the logistical abilities of the organisers, indeed, Targa would be as hard as a WRC event to organise with 5 times the competitors and trying to close down an entire state, not just a limited area with alternate routes.)

No - no cars, how many of the cars in those evnts are FIA compliant?
Sure people could be expected to convert their gravel cars, but that will cost buckets for 1 event and it would not be any where near as good as a dedicated car, once 1 builds a dedicated car then 5 others need too.

Also Australia is a round of the PWRC, how many PWRC rounds are on Tarmac? Only the Monte, and that is special anyway
Old 5 Nov 2006, 01:43 (Ref:1758010)   #16
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift
Chardonney rallies don't really count... they are a long way away from ARC standard, leave alone WRC standard.
Would disagree with that point

No - no cars, how many of the cars in those evnts are FIA compliant? Are you saying that the cars Subaru and Mitsubishi enter in these events are illegal?
Sure people could be expected to convert their gravel cars, but that will cost buckets for 1 event and it would not be any where near as good as a dedicated car, once 1 builds a dedicated car then 5 others need too.

Also Australia is a round of the PWRC, how many PWRC rounds are on Tarmac? Only the Monte, and that is special anyway
Was.....we don't hold a round of the WRC at present, and the PWRC changes events all the time, so Aust. just wouldn't be included as a round of the PWRC, simple!!
Old 2 May 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1904957)   #17
spook
Veteran

So any news

It has been a while since we were promised an announcement - the silence is overwhelming.
Old 16 May 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1914966)   #18
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
an update

Queensland Rally Plans Near > http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23770,00.html

PLANS showing the location of the Rally Australia leg of the World Rally Championship to be held in southeast Queensland will be known by the end of June. Details of one of the biggest international motor racing events on the Australian calendar have been guarded closely since a consortium late last year won a 15-year contract to run the WRC round in Queensland from 2008. Queensland has filled the breach, with its first WRC round to be held in September next year.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 10:06 (Ref:1946151)   #19
spook
Veteran

Only a few days left for the big announcement - Stand by.
Old 14 Jul 2007, 23:46 (Ref:1963341)   #20
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook
Only a few days left for the big announcement - Stand by.
Anything ever come from this? Being a South-East QLD resident, it would be awesome if these boys came to town. I would be one of first one's out there!!
Any word of a location yet?