Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Mar 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2645693)   #76
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it the original Log Book? If its a replacement,it could well be that the previous owner has had the engine bored and put that capacity in the box.
Could be a sixty thou O/Bore which should come out at around that figure.
Unfortunately I cannot remember the colour of the Block,it might have been a 'Gold Seal' short motor from the factory.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2645701)   #77
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not familiar with the UK's "DVLA Log Book" system, they scanned and emailed one page which I assume to be "new", but don't know about what else they have. They wondered a bit themselves and didn't mention that it was a GoldSeal, so they are assuming that it is a typo. But it seems to me that is a bit of a strange "typo" to make from 1498.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2645709)   #78
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokystove View Post
I'm not familiar with the UK's "DVLA Log Book" system, they scanned and emailed one page which I assume to be "new", but don't know about what else they have. They wondered a bit themselves and didn't mention that it was a GoldSeal, so they are assuming that it is a typo. But it seems to me that is a bit of a strange "typo" to make from 1498.
It does indeed. But Terence's explanation is a logical one and it could well be the answer.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2645712)   #79
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
Yes, now it does seem logical, that's exactly what I was wondering but didn't know what tolerances that particular block would be "normal" to bore out to. Terry, it could explain why Grahame had been enjoying driving the car so much, in theory it could have a couple extra needed horses above the average ZA...
Old 5 Mar 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2645787)   #80
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That block should go out to eighty thou Earl.My explaination is only a guess obviously,but I seem to recall the block being a different colour.
Certainly a rebore to 60 would help 'pep' things up a bit,especialy if the head has been taken down a bit as well.Lets hope this to be the case,saves doing it later and will be helped even further with what you have planned next.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2645805)   #81
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Lets hope this to be the case,saves doing it later and will be helped even further with what you have planned next.
App. J Magnette! All I need to do now is learn to drive one properly
Old 6 Mar 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2645982)   #82
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Let's not worry about that just yet Earl.