Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Oct 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3314678)   #101
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hans, surely you are not suggesting his idea that a fully legal car that nobody else has thought of that can do a 2.42 is rubbish?
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3314731)   #102
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In 1950 Nino Farina put his 1.5 litre supercharged Alfa Romeo 158 on pole position for the Belgium Grand Prix in a time of 4.37. The lap was 8.749 miles in length.

In 2012 Jenson Button was on pole with a lap of 1.47.573. The lap was 4.352 miles in length.

To the best of my knowledge neither car was 'Historic'.

Well it does add something to the current discussion, which is becoming less interesting by the day, at least to the innocent bystander.

D. I. Sindress-Tedd. AKA ...you know....!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3314744)   #103
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Could it be a Lister Knobbly Chevy? I see Lister is to start producing them again.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3314753)   #104
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Only Lister that conforms is the Coupe.

It's for sale so perhaps Tel is doing a deal.

Only problem is that it would not break 2 50 so forget about it.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3314871)   #105
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Hans, surely you are not suggesting his idea that a fully legal car that nobody else has thought of that can do a 2.42 is rubbish?
I thought it was a 6.3L MGB with three 2.1L engines - as built by CMS in the 1990s - but not sure about the Italian connection unless that's the Euro HTP..........
Old 9 Oct 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3314976)   #106
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISCracer View Post
I thought it was a 6.3L MGB with three 2.1L engines - as built by CMS in the 1990s - but not sure about the Italian connection unless that's the Euro HTP..........
or maybe it has 1 forward and 5 reverse gears?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 07:04 (Ref:3314978)   #107
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As far as I can tell from previous postings, there the things we know, there are things we don't know, there are things we know we don't know, and there are things we don't know that we don't know.

A) 6 Hour Race. Confirmed.
B) Spa. Confirmed.
C) Postulated lap time 2.42. Confirmed.

Unconfirmed items.
D) When.
E) What.
F) Who.
G) Why.
H) Who the heck cares.

Have I got that right?

Answers may be addressed to Puzzled of Luton.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3314981)   #108
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
or maybe it has 1 forward and 5 reverse gears?
In which case it is Italian .....................................

.... a battle tank.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3314983)   #109
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bauble thank you for filling in the cracks, as the joke is older than any car in the 6 Hour I felt it did not need more than a reference to the punchline!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3314992)   #110
MylesC
Rookie

MylesC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Serenissima Spider?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3314996)   #111
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Bauble thank you for filling in the cracks, as the joke is older than any car in the 6 Hour I felt it did not need more than a reference to the punchline!
It may be an old joke, but then .............. so am I.

There probably some of the younger 'historic' types who have never heard it and probably don't understand it, so I felt there was a need to help out, much like the elephants and big ears joke from an earlier post.

Even I don't get it right every time.

Kind regards,

bauble ex-FSA regulated.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3315227)   #112
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It may be an old joke, but then .............. so am I.

There probably some of the younger 'historic' types who have never heard it and probably don't understand it, so I felt there was a need to help out,
Yeah, I used to get references to it chucked at me every day when I was at school in the 60s, It's still boring today
Old 9 Oct 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3315321)   #113
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Yeah, I used to get references to it chucked at me every day when I was at school in the 60s, It's still boring today
Tim, are you hinting that YOU have big ears?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3315370)   #114
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Tim, are you hinting that YOU have big ears?
Thanks, you didn't let me down and I've just won a fiver.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3315596)   #115
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Thanks, you didn't let me down and I've just won a fiver.
Glad to have helped Tim, although I assumed that you had seen service in the Italian army.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:54 (Ref:3315727)   #116
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Glad to have helped Tim, although I assumed that you had seen service in the Italian army.
Have I got eyes in the back of my head?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3315826)   #117
bauble
Veteran

England
No, but you could have your head on backwards.