Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3726724)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
But Bottas is closing the gap round by round.
Acid test will be his 1st corner, 1st lap and the in and outs of his pit stops. Assuming he can get to the 1st corner in the lead!

Elsewhere kudos to Enstone but it is a 1 car operation.... Hulkenberg is showing what might be possible. Palmer is showing what might be possible for other drivers!
Old 15 Apr 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3726740)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
But the rules are still the same. Nothing has changed. A precedent was set in China.
Not really, it doesn't quite work on the basis of precedents. A situation was noted, clarification post-race has been issued, and drivers now know what will happen in future. It happens in quite a lot of sports, where the officials will advise that future indiscretion will be penalised, but they don't retrospectively apply punishment.
In any sport, there doesn't need to be a change in the rules for a change in the way they are applied to happen.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 23:10 (Ref:3726747)   #28
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey did anyone hear on Bottas slow down lap after getting pole what was said? I could have sworn it was "f--k Nico [beeped out]"

Maybe just my ears playing tricks on me the engineer could have just mixed up the names again. Though why the late censor?

Anywho, good job media and sky team reporting Ferrari have a 0.2sec advantage here. It really looked like it in qualifying didn't it, I mean with Ricciardo ahead of Kimi. Ferrari must have been just sandbagging on purpose right?
Old 15 Apr 2017, 23:51 (Ref:3726751)   #29
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Hey did anyone hear on Bottas slow down lap after getting pole what was said? I could have sworn it was "f--k Nico [beeped out]"
Yes, Tony Ross was a bit excited. He was congratulating VB and at the end said "....f**k Nico, BOOM!!". Toto will not be happy about that.

Well done to VB on pole. LH made a mistake in the middle sector and lost out. The start will be interesting as the driver in P2 has had very bad starts so far for the support races. P3 gets away much better. So SV should get a better start than LH.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 06:51 (Ref:3726796)   #30
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Elsewhere kudos to Enstone but it is a 1 car operation.... Hulkenberg is showing what might be possible. Palmer is showing what might be possible for other drivers!
I know i have been the Palmer cheerleader on here many times before and at the risk of sounding like a stuck record i think you are being a bit harsh there chunt, yes he has had an iffy start to the season, but lets not forget, Hulk is very very good, that was a phenomenal qualifying session from him, Jolyon made a hash of his Q3 lap but the main thing is he was in Q3 to begin with, i hope he has a nice steady drama free race and picks up a few points today, we all saw last year what he can do when he is comfortable, he was more than a match for KM in the second half of the season.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 07:15 (Ref:3726803)   #31
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
The only reason Palmer is still at Renault is cause Magnusson quit. He won't be there next year.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3727016)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks like all the drivers made it for the national anthem, so that's a relief.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 15:05 (Ref:3727028)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a very clean start, with Vettee getting the better of Hamilton.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3727049)   #34
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
second incident for Stroll in successive weeks.

Sainz should've slowed for the turn.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3727082)   #35
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So looks like team orders are back at Mercedes
Old 16 Apr 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3727084)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
You could hear Bottas lift and coast on the in car replay.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3727087)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
No FCY as Ericsson retires, just a local.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3727090)   #38
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You could hear Bottas lift and coast on the in car replay.
Just as I thought, that's what they hired him for.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3727092)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Vettel. Did the 5 second penalty help? Possibly but I don't think that takes anything away from a good drive and this win.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3727093)   #40
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Just as I thought, that's what they hired him for.
In that situation any team would have done the same, I'll wait till they are heading for an easy one two and are told to swap before I complain.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3727106)   #41
bobec
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
In that situation any team would have done the same, I'll wait till they are heading for an easy one two and are told to swap before I complain.
Or maybe they could have given Bottas a strategy that would have allowed him to fight for the win, instead of grooming Hamilton to be their champion.

Still can't forget Hamilton's shenanigans in the last race of last season. And that after Rosberg did let him through in Monaco.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3727144)   #42
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sainz gets a 3 place grid penalty for the next race.

too bad Max had brake faillure, could have been another podium.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3727150)   #43
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Or maybe they could have given Bottas a strategy that would have allowed him to fight for the win, instead of grooming Hamilton to be their champion.

Still can't forget Hamilton's shenanigans in the last race of last season. And that after Rosberg did let him through in Monaco.
Not a Hamilton fan then!
Old 16 Apr 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3727193)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What was Sainz thinking? He was never gonna make that turn without hitting Stroll

Anyway well done Valterri on pole, shame the tyre pressures let him down
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3727206)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Fred was hilarious as usual, glad to see both Renaults up there in quali and Massa seems rejuvenated again
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:55 (Ref:3727214)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The problem is that they have paralysed themselves so much because they feel have to be fair to both. If inherently they thought of the team first they would have split Hamilton's and Bottas's strategy early on. They didn't because they wanted to be fair. That is the fans fault for whinging all the time.

Eventually they saw sense and gave themselves a chance, but it was too late.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 23:51 (Ref:3727225)   #47
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Let's get real. VB is not in the same league as SV and LH. That was evident when he was on softer tyres than LH, but yet could not catch SV and was holding up LH.

Mercedes realise VB doesn't have what it takes to take it to SV or LH. But they gave him every chance to win by putting him on the softer rubber than LH. His mission after the first stop was to get past SV. But he failed to pass SV, and managed to hold up LH. VB is not a championship contender.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 00:20 (Ref:3727229)   #48
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously

VB was on the same tyre strategy as SV, which proved to be the winning strategy. And he had 2 new sets of tyres as opposed to the 1 new set for LH. VB on new supersofts was much slower than LH who was on used supersofts in the last stint! AND he finished 20+ sec behind SV!!
Old 17 Apr 2017, 02:55 (Ref:3727238)   #49
bobec
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Let's get real. VB is not in the same league as SV and LH. That was evident when he was on softer tyres than LH, but yet could not catch SV and was holding up LH.

That's what I thought of him when Mercedes hired him, but you have to give him a chance.
It was a very weird race for him. He should have had the advantage, but was instead losing pace. A siatuation like this can't be easily explained with superior and inferior driving skills, at least assuming Bottas is not a very poor driver (which I believe he isn't). According to Bottas the car wasn't handling well and apparently there was massive oversteer. I'm really curious what could have caused it. There is an explanation for part of it:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...rt-bottas-race
Old 17 Apr 2017, 03:04 (Ref:3727241)   #50
bobec
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Not a Hamilton fan then!
Have never been a true Hamilton fan to be fair, but I did support him for most of 2014. After that......

But that's not the point. Above all, I'm a fan of good and fair racing.