Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Oct 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3773672)   #1126
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Who says Lally is staying? With the way this silly season is going, anything is possible.
Well her previous codriver is staying at Scuderia Corse so she'll need a new codriver. Lally has been there, developed the car, knows the team so if she were to go to MSR I think it is safe to assume they would recommend him as her codriver and she seems to be dedicated to her race craft enough to know a good thing when it's in front of her. But have I used small enough words you could make a connection that most would have assumed already?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3773673)   #1127
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
So Penske's full line-ups are Castroneves-Ricky Taylor-Graham Rahal and JPM-Cameron-Pagenaud (with the third drivers joining for the enduros). http://www.teampenske.com/news/index...TE_IMSA_LINEUP
Well I guess that kills the international fan push for Jenson in the car for the enduros. But Graham, really??
Old 11 Oct 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3773679)   #1128
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So Penske's full line-ups are Castroneves-Ricky Taylor-Graham Rahal and JPM-Cameron-Pagenaud (with the third drivers joining for the enduros). http://www.teampenske.com/news/index...TE_IMSA_LINEUP
That's as strong as a line up will get!

Will be interesting to see who's gonna replace Ricky at WTR, V/d Zande maybe?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3773680)   #1129
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rahal is surprising, he has been very mediocre in Indycar for a long time now
Old 11 Oct 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3773685)   #1130
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Erm, not for the last 3 years he hasn't. Top 6 in the championship with race wins every season in the last 3 seasons, and would have been top Honda runner in all 3 if it hadn't been for Scott Dixon this year. (Yes, he's been mediocre for a very long time, but it's almost like he's been a different racer since the winter of 2014-2015)
Old 11 Oct 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3773691)   #1131
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
My money is on Shank, she can team with Andy Lally and instantly have a reasonable chance to repeat as champs. MSR knows what they're doing, Lally can teach anyone (well maybe not Cooper) to improve their GT game and Christina is not far off a good pro pace much of the time. Outside chance of WTR if the Lamborghini deal comes through but I'm thinking MSR will push hard to sign her.
I suspect it all comes down to how much money is needed. My understanding is that she simply couldn't afford Scuderia Corsa next year; whether this is because her budget is shrinking or their rates went up I don't know, but if it's the former, she may not be able to afford Shank or Taylor either.

Quote:
Who says Lally is staying? With the way this silly season is going, anything is possible.
Shank's been shopping customer seats w/ Lally as the pro co-driver. But yes, who knows what's going to actually happen.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3773694)   #1132
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
that is the type of lineup we would expect them to bring. Top notch. Now that that has been official, other driver dominoes may start falling.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3773703)   #1133
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
that is the type of lineup we would expect them to bring. Top notch. Now that that has been official, other driver dominoes may start falling.
Rahal a little unexpected. Always expected him in one of the RLL cars if there were to be cross over. Will be interesting to see the carousel of drivers now. There are some GM drivers available for the WTR seat now that Caddy GT3 program shuttered.

L.P.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3773704)   #1134
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Confusing Graham with Marco Andretti eh?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3773705)   #1135
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Rahal a little unexpected. Always expected him in one of the RLL cars if there were to be cross over. Will be interesting to see the carousel of drivers now. There are some GM drivers available for the WTR seat now that Caddy GT3 program shuttered.

L.P.

I hope WTR looks at an American driver to be the full season driver. To tab another European, Englishman, etc would be kind of disappointing.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3773709)   #1136
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Confusing Graham with Marco Andretti eh?
Haha, that must be it. Graham is one of the top drivers in IndyCar right now. Interesting penske chose him over newgaarden or power, actually.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3773715)   #1137
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Haha, that must be it. Graham is one of the top drivers in IndyCar right now. Interesting penske chose him over newgaarden or power, actually.
Probably linked to how much sportscar experience they possess as well, Graham has done DP and IIRC a few races in GTLM for BMW, I'm not sure Power or Newgarden have any significant sportscar experience.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3773716)   #1138
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Probably linked to how much sportscar experience they possess as well, Graham has done DP and IIRC a few races in GTLM for BMW, I'm not sure Power or Newgarden have any significant sportscar experience.
Yeah, but neither did castroneves before his Porsche p2 experiences a few years back.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3773727)   #1139
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm assuming Rahal is signed to HPD as a factory driver, and that's the link here. That's all I can figure.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3773752)   #1140
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
I'm assuming Rahal is signed to HPD as a factory driver, and that's the link here. That's all I can figure.
Yes, that is the connection.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14494...ke-appointment

L.P.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3773757)   #1141
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well her previous codriver is staying at Scuderia Corse so she'll need a new codriver. Lally has been there, developed the car, knows the team so if she were to go to MSR I think it is safe to assume they would recommend him as her codriver and she seems to be dedicated to her race craft enough to know a good thing when it's in front of her. But have I used small enough words you could make a connection that most would have assumed already?
I think you'll be surprised.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3773758)   #1142
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ganassi:
indy - HPD
WEC/IMSA - Ford
nascar - Chevrolet

Penske:
indy - Chevrolet
IMSA - HPD
nascar - Ford

it's just like someone rolled the dice
Old 11 Oct 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3773763)   #1143
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Ganassi:
indy - HPD
WEC/IMSA - Ford
nascar - Chevrolet

Penske:
indy - Chevrolet
IMSA - HPD
nascar - Ford

it's just like someone rolled the dice
I know. Insane, isn't it?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3773774)   #1144
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I think you'll be surprised.
Ah yes, the infamous if you only knew what I do. The last refuge of those who usually don't know. And seemingly the thing everyone rips Atherton for. If everyone on here who claims to know inside things did, we'd have a rep from every team.

Was fun but I'm out of sportscars until Daytona, just not worth reading all the chaff

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 11 Oct 2017, 22:46 (Ref:3773778)   #1145
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Mike Shank is working quite hard to retain Lally-Nielsen did bring money to Scuderia Corsa and I cant see MSR being more expensive then Scuderia Corsa so they'd be a good fit.

Its a crying shame that her and Balzan are split up in the first place as they are a really good driver pairing. Now Balzan's stuck being a babysitter. Awesome...
Old 11 Oct 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3773780)   #1146
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Mike Shank is working quite hard to retain Lally-Nielsen did bring money to Scuderia Corsa and I cant see MSR being more expensive then Scuderia Corsa so they'd be a good fit.

Its a crying shame that her and Balzan are split up in the first place as they are a really good driver pairing. Now Balzan's stuck being a babysitter. Awesome...
Marshall had a little something to say on MWM today.

L.P.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 23:29 (Ref:3773784)   #1147
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Marshall had a little something to say on MWM today.

L.P.
Cheers. I'll keep an eye out for it when it finally appears on itunes in the next couple of days
Old 12 Oct 2017, 02:27 (Ref:3773794)   #1148
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernando Alonso could race the Rolex 24 at Daytona with United Autosports in 2018.

http://autoweek.com/article/imsa/fer...t-could-happen
Old 12 Oct 2017, 03:29 (Ref:3773798)   #1149
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Cheers. I'll keep an eye out for it when it finally appears on itunes in the next couple of days
It's already up at RSL .. series 12 episode 38.

http://www.radiolemans.co/category/m...ort-series-12/

L.P.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 05:40 (Ref:3773813)   #1150
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Fernando Alonso could race the Rolex 24 at Daytona with United Autosports in 2018.

http://autoweek.com/article/imsa/fer...t-could-happen
That would be a formidable lineup if United Autosport has Alonso and the rumored Jenson Button in the same car. I'm not going to hold my breath but I hope it happens. Might as well put Vandoorne in there too!